• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
Best $110 museum ticket ever.
A $110 game would be better. You know, the whole point of the series with previous games
I enjoyed my time speculating on Smash 4 for sure, but let's not act like it was perfect or make it out to be more than what it was. Just as we shouldn't idealize any period of speculation, be it Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, or even Ultimate.
Ofc Previous games' speculation aren't perfect. Nothing is.

Still rather previous games' compared to Ult. Makes the others look a safe haven and didn't involve real-life scandals

It seems people are really missing the point just for the sake of it so here's a video that's a bit more concise. Don't necessarily agree with everything but it's the overall truth:

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
A $110 game would be better. You know, the whole point of the series with previous games

Ofc Previous games' speculation aren't perfect. Nothing is.

Still rather previous games' compared to Ult. Makes the others look a safe haven and didn't involve real-life scandals

It seems people are really missing the point just for the sake of it so here's a video that's a bit more concise. Don't necessarily agree with everything but it's the overall truth:

I bet you're great company at weddings and funerals.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Well, I know I said it about a day ago but I'd like to reiterate. Thank you all for making this place fun. It helped get me through some bad, and made the good more enjoyable. It's rather fitting the thread ends on a split note between heartfelt goodbyes and stupid ass arguments. I'd say never change, but I don't think that's gonna happen anymore.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
As the thread comes to a close, I know we were talking about some infamous fake leas such as the Grinch or Cacomallow.

However.

This easily tops them in my book.
View attachment 335233
Tony Hawk would unironically have a cool moveset, btw. :)
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, let Ultimate's legacy be that this kind of image was common and always funny.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, if I can't make a Scorpion thread, and it presumably won't be possible to make one for a very long time, I might go as well. I do like the people who tolerate my presence, and I enjoy the ****posting from time to time, but I don't really have a reason to be here often. Definitely not goodbye forever, but I'm probably going to do what I did back in 2016 and just head out either until I feel like checking in or until I can actually continue doing what I wanted to do on this website.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Seems like we've reached this point again. Another Smash game comes and goes.

Overall, it's been a fun ride. Ultimate had a good run, and while I wouldn't say it was perfect, I certainly enjoyed seeing so many characters and stages crammed into a single game. Got a few characters I wanted, and I'm ecstatic to this day that Ridley finally got in. Also had a few characters who didn't make it in, but that's something we should all expect to happen to us. Smash will never deliver to each and every one of our unique demands, but that's kinda what makes the characters we do get feel so special. I'm surprised by how much fanservice this game got compared to previous entries, and I can't complain with what we got. Where the series will go from here is anyone's guess, but I do hope they go back to focusing on new content rather than bringing back the old. Maybe something more traditional like the first four games.

Anywho, I want to take one last moment to thank everyone for sharing the excitement of Smash speculation with me, for better or worse. I won't list the names of every user who made my time here worthwhile (mostly because I'll probably forget to name a few people who deserve it), but I hope this post makes it out to everyone I intended it to reach. This isn't a goodbye, and I'm looking forward to speculating with each of you once again one day soon.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Can't end the cycle without someone getting in one last Gamer Moment™ I guess

I don't got much to say either since I've been poking in to lurk since Sora released, nothing really of interest to discuss since then.

It's been a mostly fun time this cycle, Grinch Hoax, Guessing Games and all the weird leaker **** that happened aside. There's been some cool peeps here, maybe I'll with some of y'all again when the time is right, y'all know who you are, and for the rest, I'm sure I'll be hanging around when the next cycle begins for real, I have no interest in speculating a game that doesn't exist yet for a console that we don't know about yet, the post-Bayo era was boring as hell, so whenever the new console is revealed at the earliest, Smash 6's reveal at the latest

See y'all whenever that is, I'll be hanging around in other threads and such in the meantime

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm not particularly good with goodbyes, so...let me just do my best.

Despite some tough moments with life and whatnot, I've truly enjoyed my time with both interacting with other users, even if there have been miscommunications sometimes, and speculating possible characters. Thank you to Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus , Opossum Opossum , N3ON N3ON , Idon Idon , Speed Weed Speed Weed , Arcanir Arcanir , Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , DarthEnderX DarthEnderX , SharkLord SharkLord , Shroob Shroob , FreeFox FreeFox , Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , SKX31 SKX31 , Erureido Erureido , Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 , Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium , and alot of other people.

Thank you for casual communicating and also knowing me as someone who was vouching and making cases for Phantasy Star. Talking about it and speculating about it was pretty fun. As well as other fun topics. To fit my theme of sticking to Phantasy Star to the end, let me just end this with one of my favorite Credits theme from Phantasy Star and in general. So everybody:

kylexv

Smash Master
As the thread comes to a close, I know we were talking about some infamous fake leas such as the Grinch or Cacomallow.

However.

This easily tops them in my book.
View attachment 335233
Tony Hawk would unironically have a cool moveset, btw. :)
Still waiting for February 30th when we get the ACTUAL last character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom