• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know in hindsight, how the hell did we never end up with a Mach Rider Mii costume? We can get a music track, trophy, sticker, & spirit but a basic Mii outfit couldn't happen?
I mean to be fair Mach Rider’s design is literally just your average motocross outfit...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
IF, and i repeat, IF pass 2 isn't the end and all these executable slots are filled, who would you like to see fill said slots? Assuming Mythra takes up a separate exe slot and the last 2 of this pass give us 16, I've decided to divvy them up into 4 passes of 4 each, the last one being an echoes one if you so wish. include your dream last 2 for this pass as well.
I'll try to balance between characters I particularly want to see with some reasonable picks that I think would be worthy additions and would make other people happy too, while maintaining a fair bit of variety yadda yadda. There are only a few characters I vehemently and realistically want to see in the game so I'll try and keep it pretty down to earth and not super abstract and dreamy lmao.

PASS 2
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)

PASS 3
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Master Chief (Halo)
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Mach Rider

PASS 4
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Rayman
Prince of All Cosmos (Katamari)

PASS 5
Sans (Undertale)
Marco Rossi (Metal Slug)
Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

ECHO FIGHTERS
Octoling (for Inkling)
Amitie (for Arle)
Leon Kennedy (for Jill Valentine)
Fio Germi (for Marco)

I dunno, something like that. I think the echo pass ought to be mostly utilized for DLC characters who otherwise couldn't get one.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What Mii Fighters Costumes do you want/think would be cool for the upcoming presentation?
View attachment 305401
I'd like to see a Shovel Knight Mii Swordfighter costume, with a song (like Strike the Earth! Plains of Passage, whether it's the original or a remix) included. Much like Bomberman, if he's going to be stuck as an assist trophy, at least a Mii costume that resembles the character will be better than not being playable at all.

I'm guessing that we're going to get Lloyd Irving as a Mii costume - he uses two swords, Pyra and Mythra are two swords, so it seems like it would make sense. (plus, given Namco-Bandai's ties to the Xeno-franchise, I'd think that they'd get a new costume here as well - maybe KOS-MOS?)

I figure that the rest of the Mii costumes will be Xenoblade related (Mecha Fiora, for example), though maybe I could be wrong and they throw a curveball in there like Impa's Age of Calamity costume.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Im still baffled at the lack of an Alucard costume.

Seeing how he was considered for the roster, you'll think they would have done one by now and shipped it with a character like Byleth.
to be fair after they brought back the Akira Yuki costume from 4 (he's also an AT in Ultimate) I think they've started a new trend of Miis based on ATs, like the Squid Sisters and Bomberman. I kinda expect Alucard, Rodin, maybe even Yuri Kozukata to be Mii'd down the line

Dinoman96

Smash Master
There's still lots of assist trophy characters that could work as Mii costumes. Lyn, Alucard, Krystal, Ghirahim, Samurai Goroh, Shovel Knight and Prince of Sable could all work as Swordfighter outfits, Jeff could be a Gunner, while Rodin, Sukapon and Guile could all be Brawlers.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sukapon could be Brawler.
That.....could work? I mean, the reason Shovel Knight is focused on because of Bomberman, but I guess if Creeper and Pigman are a thing, Sukapon could work. The only real issue with Sukapon is that their main body parts are.....smaller compared to the Creeper and Pigman costumes and could have hit-box issues.

Last edited:

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
What Mii Fighters Costumes do you want/think would be cool for the upcoming presentation?
View attachment 305401
I think Mythra's original Driver Addam should be a Mii Costume, similar to how Rex the current Driver to P/M is also a costume as well. Plus, in my head, I think Addam is going to be one of the spirits and alternate colors choice for Mythra while Pyra having a Rex color scheme.

What else, oh, I think this forgettable character from XC2 should definitively be a Mii Costume/Spirit.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Mythra's original Driver Addam should be a Mii Costume, similar to how Rex the current Driver to P/M is also a costume as well. Plus, in my head, I think Addam is going to be one of the spirits and alternate colors choice for Mythra while Pyra having a Rex color scheme.

What else, oh, I think this forgettable character from XC2 should definitively be a Mii Costume/Spirit.

T H I N K Y O U C A N T A K E M E ?

tfw they patched this out of 2 before i got it :c i seem to recall hearing those lines in torna tho

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You say that like I didn't feel sympathy for them when they're most wanted characters got deconfirmed.
Being a Mii costume isn't a deconfirmation. It's a half-confirmation. Which is better than no confirmation.

Why do you think it's called Mach Rider?
Because Mach means fast?

Im still baffled at the lack of an Alucard costume.

Seeing how he was considered for the roster, you'll think they would have done one by now and shipped it with a character like Byleth.
Because there's already a Vampire costume, and it's basically Alucard already.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Isaac, Skull Kid, and Bomberman are examples of Mii Costumes that just use the Assist Trophy model as an asset

I do expect more Assist Trophy Promoted costumes because, especially with them having to make New Mii costumes that seemed not to be planned, they have the following advantages

-Model, and Design elements already presented in the game
-Negotiations would likely be easier since they already did negotiations (Referring to 3rd party)
-Alot of the Assist Trophies are there because they are popular characters, so more money

Beyond that, One could also use the point that perhaps this may be a trend that might lead to Assist Promoted character perhaps in this pass, but that's one speculation though

Geno Boost

Smash Master
you know... i kind of want to play a game.

IF, and i repeat, IF pass 2 isn't the end and all these executable slots are filled, who would you like to see fill said slots? Assuming Mythra takes up a separate exe slot and the last 2 of this pass give us 16, I've decided to divvy them up into 4 passes of 4 each, the last one being an echoes one if you so wish. include your dream last 2 for this pass as well.

i need to do some thinking as after my absolute dream picks, i kinda run out of steam fast...
Sounds fun
Pass 2:
-Ryu hayabusa
-Crash bandicoot

Pass 3:
-Monster hunter
-Porky
-Doomguy
-Geno

Pass 4:
-Grovyle (PMD)
-Alex Kidd/Stella
-Captain Syrup
-Rayman

Pass 5:
-Black Shadow
-Harry (teleroboxer)
-Lloyd
-CATS (zero wing)

Echo pass:
-Boshi :ultyoshi:
-Ninten :ultness:
-Ms. Pac-man :ultpacman:
-Zack :ultcloud:

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
We wouldn't even need to have Garchomp for Cynthia...she can be Lucario's trainer. Though it'd be to see anyone other than Red be the trainer for either Pikachu, Greninja, or the current elemental starter trio as he's usually the trainer associated with all of those. I suppose Blue could take over as the starter trainer, and Serena/Calem could be the trainer for Greninja while Red/Leaf moves to Pikachu.

If there actually is going to be further dlc content past FP2, then this is a pretty likely scenario. All evidence points to all of Ultimate DLC having started from as early as Smash 4, so they would likely need more time to negotiate deals with 3rd parties, design movesets from scratch, etc.
They could use the original design of Red for Pikachu, after all, he uses the original version of Red's Hat as a costume.

Not really, certain characters weren't really known when Smash 4 DLC was being decided upon, such as Joker, and Nintendo wouldn't have likely known how incredibly popular Persona 5 would be until 2017, when the game got released to critical acclaim, so I doubt he would have been on Nintendo's radar that early on.

We also know that Fighters Pass 2 wasn't decided on until partway through the development of Fighters Pass 1, which is why certain characters like Min Min & Pyra/Mythra, who were too late for the initial game or FP1, got into this one, and Sephiroth got in to rectify the lack of content for the Final Fantasy series.

The only character that was planned way back then was Steve, who was being heavily negotiated for ever since 2015 but hadn't been able to be finalized until sometime during Fighters Pass 1, most likely, since otherwise he would have been included in the Base Game or as part of Fighters Pass 1.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imma go on a limb and guess Pyra and Mythra’s codenames

Pyra - aProminence_0 (Prominence Revolt, I think that’s her level 3 special)
Mythra - aSiren_0 (Siren’s the name of her Artifice)

assuming they take 1 exe slot each

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Imma go on a limb and guess Pyra and Mythra’s codenames

Pyra - aProminence_0 (Prominence Revolt, I think that’s her level 3 special)
Mythra - aSiren_0 (Siren’s the name of her Artifice)

assuming they take 1 exe slot each
What if Pyra's is actually Flame and that one fake leak a while ago was inadvertently true.

Technomage

Smash Champion
The only character that was planned way back then was Steve, who was being heavily negotiated for ever since 2015 but hadn't been able to be finalized until sometime during Fighters Pass 1, most likely, since otherwise he would have been included in the Base Game or as part of Fighters Pass 1.
Plus, one of the reasons it took Sakurai longer to finish Steve than it took to finish other characters was he had to do a lot of level-editing for Steve's mining ability.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Among Us is far too late to have even been considered for a Mii costume. Game just came out last year way before Pass 2 finalized.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Among Us is far too late to have even been considered for a Mii costume. Game just came out last year way before Pass 2 finalized.
The game came out before frickin' Banjo was playable in Smash. June 15 2018 on iOS/Android! Then Augest 18 on Steam.

The game didn't become popular until last year, around the time Fall Guys also got popular as well.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The game came out in 2018 (albeit not popular until last year) and also we have little to no information on how Mii costumes are decided.

I think an Among Us costume is unlikely but not impossible.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
First off, it was actually made in 2018 even if it gained popularity recently. Secondly I'm assuming Mii Costumes don't take very long to make. I think a character is completely off limits, but a Mii Costume may be possible, if a bit unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom