• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
you know... i kind of want to play a game.

IF, and i repeat, IF pass 2 isn't the end and all these executable slots are filled, who would you like to see fill said slots? Assuming Mythra takes up a separate exe slot and the last 2 of this pass give us 16, I've decided to divvy them up into 4 passes of 4 each, the last one being an echoes one if you so wish. include your dream last 2 for this pass as well.

i need to do some thinking as after my absolute dream picks, i kinda run out of steam fast...
Here’s what I would go with:

Fighter’s Pass 2:
1) Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
2) Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)

Fighter’s Pass 3:
1) Magus (Chrono Trigger)
2) Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft)
3) Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
4) Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)

Fighter’s Pass 4:
1) Bill Rizer/Lance Bean (Contra)
2) Sarah Kerrigan (Starcraft)
3) Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
4) Fulgore (Killer Instinct)

Fighter’s Pass 5:
1) Gengar (Pokémon)
2) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
3) Elma (Xenoblade X)
4) Impa (Legend of Zelda - original HW)

Echoes:
1) Medusa (Kid Icarus - Palutena)
2) Tharja (Fire Emblem - Robin)
3) Dry Bowser (Super Mario - Melee Bowser moveset)
4) Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic)

This was pretty hard to narrow down. There are other characters I would love but there is no logical reason they would ever get in such as Raziel from Soul Reaver or Zegram Ghart from Rogue Galaxy so I tried to be at least somewhat realistic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Poor ROB was done dirty by fans because he wasn't Ridley.
I mean....can you blame them?

Constant asking for Ridley and K. Rool (Ridley's fanbase was MUCH more visible) for several games and Sakurai just goes "Nah, too big, but you know who you CAN have? Johnny 5 from the movie Short Circuit!"

Shroob

Sup?
I mean....can you blame them?

Constant asking for Ridley and K. Rool (Ridley's fanbase was MUCH more visible) for several games and Sakurai just goes "Nah, too big, but you know who you CAN have? Johnny 5 from the movie Short Circuit!"
I mean, for real, Brawl was more or less the origin of Ridley's fanbase, and K.Rool's fanbase took a backseat for Diddy back then.

Before that? I'd argue that it was Melee's Intro that really sparked interest in playable Ridley.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
going through some old Brawl threads rn.

you can really feel the absolute hatred for clones.

...and R.O.B
The funniest brawl thread to me is the Charizard one from before Pokemon trainer was announced. There's a lot of good stuff there, but the best comment by far was "The only chance Charizard has is as a last minute Ridley clone".

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
So lets say they decided to include 4 more fighters as bonuses, who would you include? It must be from existing universes with already playable characters and it can’t be from any DLC mii costumes or spirit events. It can be base game spirits or assist trophy upgrades.

Here is mine:
1) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
2) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
4) Chun-Li (Street Fighter)

Otoad64

Smash Lord
So lets say they decided to include 4 more fighters as bonuses, who would you include? It must be from existing universes with already playable characters and it can’t be from any DLC mii costumes or spirit events. It can be base game spirits or assist trophy upgrades.

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
-Bandana Dee (Kirby)
-Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
-Captain Toad (Mario)
-Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

tried to choose characters that should've been in by now

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
Hmmmmm, I'd pick:
Krystal
Squall Leonhart
Tingle
Chun-Li

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
Mine would probably be:
1) Gengar (Pokémon)
2) Goomba (Super Mario)
3) Pharaoh Man (Mega Man)
4) Vincent Valentine (Final Fantasy)

There are others I would love like Dixie Kong, Elma, Medusa, Impa, the Black Knight, and several others so it is really hard to narrow down.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
1. Dixie Kong
2. Chun-Li
3. Krystal
4. Impa (Skyward Sword incarnation)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
1. Octoling
2. Elma... 🥺
3. ...Tsubasa?
4. Black Shadow

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
1. Elma (assuming she doesn't show up as a Mii costume this week)
2. Lyn
3. Raiden
4. Blaze the Cat

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
Lif from Fire Emblem
Azura from Fire Emblem
Lyon from Fire Emblem
Lyn from Fire Emblem

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
1) Inteleon (Pokemon)
2) Tiki (Fire Emblem)
3) Ashley (Wario)
4) Raiden (Metal Gear)

Pillow

Smash Lord

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
Easy enough.
  • Alucard
  • Zero
  • Chun-Li
  • Squall/Terra (If FF doesn't count, then I'll choose Raiden)

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Since Min Min & Pyra/Mythra have shown that you no longer need to be the main protagonist of your game to become a playable character, I happened to think about how cool Aigis from Persona 3 would be in Smash. She'd be more different from Joker, and Sword Users, than Makoto Yuuki and Yu Narukami would be (along with having an actual name since they're just called P3 Protagonist and P4 Protagonist for their Mii Fighter Costumes) Aigis also has a notable role as the main character of Persona 3 FES, even becoming a Wild Card like other protagonists.
SmashTemplateAigis.png

I didn't change her Series Icon from the Phantom Thieves logo, but its possible Sakurai would change the series logo to a more encompassing one for the Persona series.
I also added Labrys as the only non-Persona 3/FES Spirit due to her strong connection & relation to Aigis.
For her costumes, I would say that unlike Joker, Aigis' costumes would be evenly split between her normal appearance and her Gekkoukan High School uniform and would reference a few different characters/appearances.
1) Normal Appearance
2) Gekkoukan High Uniform
3) Metis (Normal, Mostly Black, Black Hair, Red 'Headband')
4) Labrys (Uniform, White Uniform Top, Yasogami Skirt Pattern)
5) Elizabeth (Normal, Blue with White Hair)
6) Sky Blue Gown (Uniform, Skyblue Uniform)
7) Body Pattern based on Dancing Outfit (Normal, Black & White Bodysuit Pattern)
8) Mitsuru (White Uniform Top, Red Hair)
I figured she could either re-use the P3 Victory Theme that Joker has, get a remix of it, or have a remix of Heartful Cry as her Victory theme.

What Mii Fighters Costumes do you want/think would be cool for the upcoming presentation?
View attachment 305401
Zeke & Morag Sword Fighter Costumes
Elma Sword Fighter Costume
KOS-MOS Gunner Costume

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Since Min Min & Pyra/Mythra have shown that you no longer need to be the main protagonist of your game to become a playable character, I happened to think about how cool Aigis from Persona 3 would be in Smash. She'd be more different from Joker, and Sword Users, than Makoto Yuuki and Yu Narukami would be (along with having an actual name since they're just called P3 Protagonist and P4 Protagonist for their Mii Fighter Costumes) Aigis also has a notable role as the main character of Persona 3 FES, even becoming a Wild Card like other protagonists.
View attachment 305465
I didn't change her Series Icon from the Phantom Thieves logo, but its possible Sakurai would change the series logo to a more encompassing one for the Persona series.
I also added Labrys as the only non-Persona 3/FES Spirit due to her strong connection & relation to Aigis.
For her costumes, I would say that unlike Joker, Aigis' costumes would be evenly split between her normal appearance and her Gekkoukan High School uniform and would reference a few different characters/appearances.
1) Normal Appearance
7) Body Pattern based on Dancing Outfit (Normal, Black & White Bodysuit Pattern)
I figured she could either re-use the P3 Victory Theme that Joker has, get a remix of it, or have a remix of Heartful Cry as her Victory theme.

KOS-MOS Gunner Costume
Aigis was actually my original prediction if Smash ever got a Persona character before Persona 5 was announced. She had a really important role in Persona 3 and FES and even seemed to be the focus in Arena so it made a lot of sense to me. She could make for a really cool character.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
1998 Today "Super Punch-Out !!" Rewrite started with Nintendo Power !! It was released overseas in 1994, and I bought the imported version at that time. The title of the same name appeared in an arcade in 1985, but the content is quite different. Great work. You can also enjoy it at Switch's Arcade Archives. #Smash Bros SP

Pillow

Smash Lord
View attachment 305465
1) Normal Appearance

KOS-MOS Gunner Costume
It's true that characters don't have to be the main protagonists of their series to get into Smash, but the chance of Sakurai putting in a non-Nintendo side character from an old game whose series already has miraculous representation in Smash is almost zero. Not that I don't like Aigis or anything, but I'd personally rather speculate on characters that have a real chance of getting in.

So just 4 days until the presentation, and (maybe) their release.

Still torn if I'm gonna jack myself up on caffeine and stay up for it, or go to sleep and watch it when I wake up like an intelligent human being.

Well, I didn't flunk Algebra for no reason!
If nothing exciting happens during the presentation (which is plausible) then you'll have stayed up all night and will suffer the whole day for something disappointing, which will make the disappointment feel worse. Just something to think about!

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
1998 Today "Super Punch-Out !!" Rewrite started with Nintendo Power !! It was released overseas in 1994, and I bought the imported version at that time. The title of the same name appeared in an arcade in 1985, but the content is quite different. Great work. You can also enjoy it at Switch's Arcade Archives. #Smash Bros SP

Man, I wish some Super Punch-Out music was in Ultimate, along with more Punch-Out content in general.

Shroob

Sup?
It's true that characters don't have to be the main protagonists of their series to get into Smash, but the chance of Sakurai putting in a non-Nintendo side character from an old game whose series already has miraculous representation in Smash is almost zero. Not that I don't like Aigis or anything, but I'd personally rather speculate on characters that have a real chance of getting in.

If nothing exciting happens during the presentation (which is plausible) then you'll have stayed up all night and will suffer the whole day for something disappointing, which will make the disappointment feel worse. Just something to think about!
Eh, I can function fine on a few hours of sleep.

It's the staying up part that's hard. :4pacman:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Man, I wish some Super Punch-Out music was in Ultimate, along with more Punch-Out content in general.
For what it's worth, starting tomorrow, Next Level Games will be an official subsidiary of Nintendo (baring any last minute shenanigans), and we know they've already started hiring more employees. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll decide to start things off with a new Punch-Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom