• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So lets say they decided to include 4 more fighters as bonuses, who would you include? It must be from existing universes with already playable characters and it can’t be from any DLC mii costumes or spirit events. It can be base game spirits or assist trophy upgrades.

Here is mine:
1) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
2) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
4) Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Dixie Kong
Impa
Bandana Dee
???

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Smash questions that will never be answered:

Who REALLY was Jane? Did the team assume that Kasumi was a Female Joker before getting more news about R?

View attachment 305476
I've already mentioned this a few times before but supposedly a data mine for Royal indicated that Kasumi used Joker's dagger and gun at some point in development, although the only source that I've seen mention that little tidbit is her character wiki, so...maaaaybe? lol

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Why need an anime character on a video only crossover when they can make their own crossover game with just anime character since the medium is big enough to contain the same amount of character like Smash? Oh wait.. we already have one, and it sucks.
have you heard of the chad game Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS it's like Jump Force but good

D

Deleted member

Why need an anime character on a video only crossover when they can make their own crossover game with just anime character since the medium is big enough to contain the same amount of character like Smash? Oh wait.. we already have one, and it sucks.
I'll never understand why they went and made all the characters have this very realistic shading
443b5981469544199b192bda81cc4ea9.jpeg

instead of cel shading to keep the artstyles intact. As they are they look like reject Sims

D

Deleted member

Yes I have but I like J Star too.. in terms of character not gameplay because I have plenty connection with the character from that game rather than Jump Ultimate Star (with the exception of the Big 4 and JoJo)
I'm really only interested in the One Piece characters personally. I watch a decent amount of Shonen, but my tastes oft lead me to media outside what those games cover. Especially card game anime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I'll never understand why they went and made all the characters have this very realistic shading
View attachment 305484
instead of cel shading to keep the artstyles intact. As they are they look like reject Sims
Yup, they definitely trying too hard to blend in with other Photorealistic game at that time which honestly is pretty wasted as the model barely even has an expression and some character like Izuku Midoriya and even Goku is pretty disturbing and ugly in that artstyle with their big eyes. On the other hand, J Star perfectly blend every artstyle together into one and still keep the manga theme.
I'm really only interested in the One Piece characters personally. I watch a decent amount of Shonen, but my tastes oft lead me to media outside what those games cover. Especially card game anime.
Well for me character like Koro-Sensei (Assassination Classroom), Chitoge (Nisekoi), Allen Walker (D. Gray Man), Medaka (Medaka Box) and Sket Dance got me interested in the game as I have watched their show, I still have a vague memory of Saint Seiya since that and Rurouni Kenshin and Captain Tsubasa (which only appear in the DS game) is my father's favorite anime.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So lets say they decided to include 4 more fighters as bonuses, who would you include? It must be from existing universes with already playable characters and it can’t be from any DLC mii costumes or spirit events. It can be base game spirits or assist trophy upgrades.

Here is mine:
1) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
2) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
4) Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
1) Assuming it's not cheating I would add a canonical OoT Ganondorf. If I can't do that then I'd upgrade Pig Ganon to a playable character. If that's not possible then I'd go with Twilight Princess Ganondorf with a sword moveset and Dead Man's Volley.

2) Dixie Kong

3) Tails

4) If I can double dip in existing franchises I would put Eggman in next. If not, let's put Bandana Waddle Dee in there.

Honestly it's a tough decision whether to put in Tails or Eggman first, but I feel like we've GOT to have Sonic's P2.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 305484
It was to appeal to the west as we typically enjoy more realistic looking games. Hell, there's some old Mega Man reviews from gaming magazines flying around twitter about how the games are absolutely disgusting kiddy bull**** and that the Japanese are stuck in the past so it's not exactly a recent trend.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
While Demon Slayer broke box office there, it's still One Piece that holds crown. It's cultural phenomenon there with tons of places with actual statues of One Piece characters.
one piece peak year was 30mil sales in japan, demon slayer sold 80mil last year.

Demon Slayer is the cultural phenomenon, we just haven't seen the effect's of it yet.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
one piece peak year was 30mil sales in japan, demon slayer sold 80mil last year.

Demon Slayer is the cultural phenomenon, we just haven't seen the effect's of it yet.
It was combination of ending of Demon Slayer and anime. It's also accounting people buying whole volumes, not just newest volumes. I know it's still impressive, but context does matter. It's not like Demon Slayer kept that sales number. I didn't mean that Demon Slayer is not cultural phenomenon. I guess my wording was kinda misleading.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

Demon Slayer, Dragon Ball, and One Piece are all cultural phenomenons in Japan. Only that one of them is emerging and the other is International. There's plenty of other anime that are culturally significant to Japan, like JoJo, but if I had to name 3 that are most significant, it would be Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Demon Slayer. All three from Different Eras, all equally important. And I find that kinda wholesome! I love it. And this is just in Jump by the way. There's PLENTY of others outside of Jump too. Sailor Moon anyone?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
The big thing I got going through my mind is Lloyd Irving's fate when Thursday arrives with the Pyra/Mythra presentation. Either his mii costumes coming back or maybe they wait till the last character to reveal him or maybe there is a FP3 in development. Either way I hope he doesn't get gutted like Geno did with Sephiroth.....
What would you guys rate his chances of being a mii costume again?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here is something for fun List 10 more villains you want to add in smash
For the widest definition of villain
  1. Waluigi
  2. Sylux
  3. Susie (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
  4. Kamek
  5. Blood Falcon/Black Shadow
  6. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
  7. Eggman/Shadow
  8. Bass
  9. Akuma/M. Bison
  10. Unique moveset for Enderman

D

Deleted member

I'll bite.
  1. Eggman: Iconic, unique, and really funny.
  2. Malos (Shulk Echo): God damn does this guy exude chad energy. Plus the voice actor did an amazing job; 11/10 villain.
  3. Kamek: I've always wanted him as a Yoshi villain.
  4. Slime: Slime counts as a DQ villain right? I would've preferred Slime to Hero anyway so this is a no brainer for me.
  5. Dr. Coyle: Honestly don't know much about ARMS but she seems cool, + more female characters is always a plus for representation.
  6. Shadow (Sonic Echo): Still somewhat surprised this didn't happen in the base roster tbh.
  7. Octoling (Inkling Echo or unique): Splatoon deserves it. I didn't really jive with the gameplay but the aesthetic is top tier and I'd love more of it in Smash. Hopefully it branches out into different genres I'd find more enjoyable lol.
  8. Tom Nook: Another character I would've preferred to who we actually got. Tom Nook will always be a lovable filthy capitalist racoon loan shark in my heart, no matter how much newer titles try to rehabilitate him.
  9. Gruntilda: Copy paste what I said about Dr. Coyle.
  10. Ganon: Pig Ganon is the coolest incarnation don't @ me. Totally not just an excuse for a unique Ganon moveset nothing to see here.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Mine would be
1. Porky
2. Black shadow
3. Daroach
4. Boshi (echo)
5. Gill (street fighter)
6. Dr. Eggman
7. Black knight
8. Skull kid
9. Captain Syrup
10. CATS (zero wing)
I would have mentioned heihachi but I see him more of an anti hero following the series it feels like Donkey Kong and wario and meta knight situation

Last edited:

TraaP

Smash Cadet
Number of new playable franchises per Smash game:

64: 10
Melee: 3
Brawl: 5 + R.O.B = 6
4: 10 + Miis = 11
Ultimate: 8 (currently).

This made me realise that 1/3 of the new playable characters in melee were from Zelda & 3/4 were returning series.

D

Deleted member

I like how the presentation is nice and early in the morning, but I hate how I now have to suffer through an entire week just to get to it.

D

Deleted member

It was to appeal to the west as we typically enjoy more realistic looking games.
Honestly, I think that's more of a generational thing rather than a straight up overall fact. Most kids around my age aren't playing Call of Duty, they're playing Fortnite, Splatoon, all these games that are very cartooney in nature. I myself don't tend to enjoy games that are realistic and try to avoid them; although there are games like Breath of the Wild that are fairly realistic that I enjoy.

D

Deleted member

That's nothing compared to me with having still an entire month (Or 25 days) for Godzilla vs. Kong.
I'm eager for that as well, but I miss the movie theater experience. Hard to get hyped for movies when local theaters around me have shutdown permanently. I think there's just one left, but its up in the air if it'll ever actually open again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom