• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
you know... i kind of want to play a game.

IF, and i repeat, IF pass 2 isn't the end and all these executable slots are filled, who would you like to see fill said slots? Assuming Mythra takes up a separate exe slot and the last 2 of this pass give us 16, I've decided to divvy them up into 4 passes of 4 each, the last one being an echoes one if you so wish. include your dream last 2 for this pass as well.

i need to do some thinking as after my absolute dream picks, i kinda run out of steam fast...

Alrighty.

Rest of Pass 2:
Phoenix Wright
Ryu Hayabusa

Pass 3 (normal pass):
Doom Slayer
Karate Joe
Isaac
Monokuma

Pass 4 (Bonus first party stuff):
Waluigi
Andy
Porky
Bandana Dee

Echoes pass:
Protoman (Echo of Mega Man)
Metal Sonic (echo of Sonic)
Dixie Kong (echo of Diddy Kong w/ unique up b)
Black Shadow (echo of Ganondorf)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It's true that characters don't have to be the main protagonists of their series to get into Smash, but the chance of Sakurai putting in a non-Nintendo side character from an old game whose series already has miraculous representation in Smash is almost zero. Not that I don't like Aigis or anything, but I'd personally rather speculate on characters that have a real chance of getting in.
Never say never, we got Sephiroth after Cloud, after all. Aigis is in a weird place where she is both a Secondary Character and a Main Character due to Persona 3 FES. She's also the 'Mascot Character' for Persona 3 much like Teddie for Persona 4 and Morgana for Persona 5.
Beyond that, she's incredibly popular character in the series and as such has as much a chance as anyone for a second Atlus rep.
I don't think she's particularly likely and I just made this for fun because I thought she'd be a fun choice were she to get in, but her chance is far from zero, nor do I consider a Persona rep getting in a 'miracle' considering that Persona 5 was a lot of people's Game of the Year, enough so that it was even in the running for Game of the Year at the VGAs, which we all know are more a popularity contest than anything else.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
i think if we're getting a new RPG character 2B is the front runner, look at NIer sales and you'll see why. it's gonna end up outselling everything maybe except for FF7 isn't it?

also it's reallly good and SE want's to make it a tentpole franchise along with DQ and FF.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Never say never, we got Sephiroth after Cloud, after all. Aigis is in a weird place where she is both a Secondary Character and a Main Character due to Persona 3 FES. She's also the 'Mascot Character' for Persona 3 much like Teddie for Persona 4 and Morgana for Persona 5.
Beyond that, she's incredibly popular character in the series and as such has as much a chance as anyone for a second Atlus rep.
I don't think she's particularly likely and I just made this for fun because I thought she'd be a fun choice were she to get in, but her chance is far from zero, nor do I consider a Persona rep getting in a 'miracle' considering that Persona 5 was a lot of people's Game of the Year, enough so that it was even in the running for Game of the Year at the VGAs, which we all know are more a popularity contest than anything else.
Looking at the big picture, Sephiroth made a lot of sense after his inclusion, it's just people didn't think that 3rd party series would get more than one unique character. Aigis being added would definitely leave a lot of people confused afterwards. I could be wrong, but I firmly believe she lacks the clout necessary for Smash inclusion. Personally if we were going to get another Atlus rep I'd prefer it to be a SMT character or K/Catherine, but I also am pretty happy with Joker alone for Atlus already.

i think if we're getting a new RPG character 2B is the front runner, look at NIer sales and you'll see why. it's gonna end up outselling everything maybe except for FF7 isn't it?

also it's reallly good and SE want's to make it a tentpole franchise along with DQ and FF.
Yeah, I still think 2B is pretty slept on. People are mostly down on this character because of the "1 character per company rule". If this isn't an actual thing, and I don't think it is, she actually has a lot of stuff going for her. The big issue is that Nier: Automata is getting older every day, so her window of opportunity for getting into Smash is pretty much in this game, unless future Nier games are made with her as the protagonist (and Drakengard doesn't tend to do this).

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Looking at the big picture, Sephiroth made a lot of sense after his inclusion, it's just people didn't think that 3rd party series would get more than one unique character. Aigis being added would definitely leave a lot of people confused afterwards. I could be wrong, but I firmly believe she lacks the clout necessary for Smash inclusion. Personally if we were going to get another Atlus rep I'd prefer it to be a SMT character or K/Catherine, but I also am pretty happy with Joker alone for Atlus already.

Yeah, I still think 2B is pretty slept on. People are mostly down on this character because of the "1 character per company rule". If this isn't an actual thing, and I don't think it is, she actually has a lot of stuff going for her.
Aigis is pretty well known amongst Atlus fans and, in my opinion, more popular than any other Atlus rep aside from more party members from Persona 5 or someone from Persona 4..though even then she might be more popular than some of those characters. I wouldn't be against other Atlus reps, I just don't really know anyone outside of Persona really, aside from characters from Catherine, Dragon's Crown, and OdinSphere and I kinda feel like Nintendo would double down on Persona, personally, due to it being more popular.

I still think 2B is possible, though Sephiroth did hurt her chances some.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Yeah, I still think 2B is pretty slept on. People are mostly down on this character because of the "1 character per company rule". If this isn't an actual thing, and I don't think it is, she actually has a lot of stuff going for her.
plus she's technically Enix, not Square

if there's a fp3, she's honestly the only character i'll expect.

what Nier did makes Persona and Xenoblade breaking out this gen look tiny. it outsold KH3, DQ11(well not yet but it will it has amazing leg's), FF7R, FETH, P5 and XC2. no other JRPG's are really worth mentioning as the rest don't usually break 2mil. what's even more impressive is it keep's on selling, plus we just had Nier Replicant and Yoko taro and platinum both said they would like to port Nier to the switch, they just needed the okay from Enix.

so new game, impressive sales numbers, heavily acclaimed, and potential switch port.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Aigis is pretty well known amongst Atlus fans and, in my opinion, more popular than any other Atlus rep aside from more party members from Persona 5 or someone from Persona 4..though even then she might be more popular than some of those characters. I wouldn't be against other Atlus reps, I just don't really know anyone outside of Persona really, aside from characters from Catherine, Dragon's Crown, and OdinSphere and I kinda feel like Nintendo would double down on Persona, personally, due to it being more popular.

I still think 2B is possible, though Sephiroth did hurt her chances some.
Oh, I'm not trying to dispute her popularity among Persona fans. It's just I think a 2nd Persona character at all is very unlikely. Before Persona 5 it was a rather niche series. It kind of blew up because Persona 5 was such a popular game (and rightfully so), and stuff like Persona 4 being added to the Steam store has helped make the series even more recognizable, but it's still pretty small next to other franchises in Smash like Final Fantasy or Megaman. And most the people I know who have played Persona 5, have not played older Personas. If there was another Persona 5 character that was notable enough to be a Smash character then I'd say maybe they'd have a chance, but I'd put all the Phantom Thieves on the equal footing of not quite popular enough to be in Smash on their own.

Also while we're on the topic of Persona, I have to mention that I have been extremely happy with Persona 5 Strikers. I haven't really seen anyone talking about this game here, but it's really great. Normally I hate Musou games because of the repetitive gameplay, but with the likeable cast of Persona characters and the great soundtrack, it really just works. Come to think of it, I never really cared much for the turn based combat aspect of Persona anyway, and liked the series purely for it's great story and characters.

what Nier did makes Persona and Xenoblade breaking out this gen look tiny. it outsold KH3, DQ11(well not yet but it will it has amazing leg's), FF7R, FETH, P5 and XC2. no other JRPG's are really worth mentioning as the rest don't usually break 2mil. what's even more impressive is it keep's on selling, plus we just had Nier Replicant and Yoko taro and platinum both said they would like to port Nier to the switch, they just needed the okay from Enix.

so new game, impressive sales numbers, heavily acclaimed, and potential switch port.
Being technically Enix means **** all, as it's still the same company. But yeah, she's plenty popular (if online polls are anything to go off of anyway) and is pretty similar to Joker in terms of being the main character of a standout recent game from a semi-long running franchise. You can't really compare it to Xenoblade, because Xenoblade is a Nintendo series.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So lets say they decided to include 4 more fighters as bonuses, who would you include? It must be from existing universes with already playable characters and it can’t be from any DLC mii costumes or spirit events. It can be base game spirits or assist trophy upgrades.
So is Zero in limbo?

-Dixie Kong
-Medusa
-Chun-Li
-Eggman

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

..How is she technically Enix? Drakengard & NieR were both developed after the merger to form Square-Enix, which Yoko Taro not having any games until that point for the most part, especially at Square-Enix..if anything, she'd be the first Square-Enix character to not have a side with the company as her game series was made after the merger.

What makes it funnier is that Yoko Taro made that whole video lamenting NieR Automata's chances against Persona lol

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So lets say they decided to include 4 more fighters as bonuses, who would you include? It must be from existing universes with already playable characters and it can’t be from any DLC mii costumes or spirit events. It can be base game spirits or assist trophy upgrades.

Here is mine:
1) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
2) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
4) Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
-Ninten
-Grovyle (PMD)
-Captain Syrup
-Black shadow

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
..How is she technically Enix?
post restructure SE creative business unit 2 has taken the place of developing DQ games as well Nier

Creative Business Unit 2 was founded with the combination of

-Business Division 6 (Dragon Quest and Nier)
-Business Division 7
-Business division 11 (Bravely and 2DHD [octopath traveler and triangle strategy])

What makes it funnier is that Yoko Taro made that whole video lamenting NieR Automata's chances against Persona lol
Wow, so much has changed since then lol, NieR is now DQ and FF sized. also what is danganronpa doing there? that's not an RPG.... i think.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
post restructure SE creative business unit 2 has taken the place of developing DQ games as well Nier

Creative Business Unit 2 was founded with the combination of

-Business Division 6 (Dragon Quest and Nier)
-Business Division 7
-Business division 11 (Bravely and 2DHD [octopath traveler and triangle strategy])
This literally doesn't matter though. It's all under the umbrella of Square-Enix. It's like saying Microsoft doesn't have any characters in Smash because Banjo is Rare and Steve is Mojang. If a character limit per company actually does exist, then nobody's going to get past it based on a meaningless technicality.

Game actually came out 2.5 years ago. It just only blew up last year.
Yeah, Cuphead came out in late 2017. It's not like Among Us is some triple A game developed by a massive gaming company that Nintendo would take time negotiating for. Recency is a complete non-issue for costumes.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
This literally doesn't matter though. It's all under the umbrella of Square-Enix. It's like saying Microsoft doesn't have any characters in Smash because Banjo is Rare and Steve is Mojang. If a character limit per company actually does exist, then nobody's going to get past it based on a meaningless technicality.
you're right.

but same dev team so if it was aligned with either of the two it would be enix, but still, same company.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
you know... i kind of want to play a game.

IF, and i repeat, IF pass 2 isn't the end and all these executable slots are filled, who would you like to see fill said slots? Assuming Mythra takes up a separate exe slot and the last 2 of this pass give us 16, I've decided to divvy them up into 4 passes of 4 each, the last one being an echoes one if you so wish. include your dream last 2 for this pass as well.

i need to do some thinking as after my absolute dream picks, i kinda run out of steam fast...
CP 10: Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
CP 11: Waluigi (Super Mario)

Fighter's Pass 3

CP 12: Ring Fit Trainer (Ring Fit Adventure)
CP 13: Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
CP 14: Master Chief (Halo)
CP 15: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Fighter's Pass 4

CP 16: Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter Rise)
CP 17: Cinderace (Pokemon Sword and Shield)
CP 18: Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
CP 19: Isaac (Golden Sun)

Fighter's Pass 5

CP 20: Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)
CP 21: Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
CP 22: Rayman (Rayman)
CP 23: Impa (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)

Echo's Past

Octoling (Splatoon)
Gooigi (Luigi's Manson 3)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Ninjara (ARMS)

7NATOR

Smash Master
So whatever Summer Presentation Nintendo has, do you think we get 1 Smash reveal, or 2 Smash Reveals?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So whatever Summer Presentation Nintendo has, do you think we get 1 Smash reveal, or 2 Smash Reveals?
I want 2

Gut says 1

E3s usually have at least 2 reveals, but this isn't E3, so they can space them out however they want. I could see 2 reveals, but I could also see 1 reveal, and 1 saved for the September Direct.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dixie Kong
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Chun-Li

Geno Boost

Smash Master
A fighter pack 3 might be too much to ask and I remember Sakurai mentioning that DLC developer team are getting smaller but if it happens then I would expect the contents that takes less time to develop such as easy characters and returning stages in a pack
I don’t see echo happen but more like clones such as Ms. pac-man or easy character to develop like Sukapon and Ditto and stages such as rainbow road, pokefloat and meta crystal and pac-maze

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
If we don't get CP10 between Pyra/Mythra and June, then I think we will see a double reveal during June, with CP10 probably releasing a week or two later from a Nintendo direct (or maybe Smash direct), and CP11 releasing a month or two later. So basically I could see something similar to what happened with Hero and Banjo with E32019, only we ideally don't have to wait for end of July and September respectively for CP10 and 11.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If we don't get CP10 between Pyra/Mythra and June, then I think we will see a double reveal during June, with CP10 probably releasing a week or two later from a Nintendo direct (or maybe Smash direct), and CP11 releasing a month or two later. So basically I could see something similar to what happened with Hero and Banjo with E32019, only we ideally don't have to wait for end of July and September respectively for CP10 and 11.
A reveal/release between now and June would make sense at least from a timing perspective due to how fast reveals have been.

But unless they plan to actually finish off the FP in June, as much as I'd like it, I doubt it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Kinda sad honestly I thought getting Joker in smash would give us SMT content too
I thought we'd at least get Jack Frost as a spirit.

But nope.

Don't even care enough for that.

Now watch him get in as a mii costume this Thursday.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
A reveal/release between now and June would make sense at least from a timing perspective due to how fast reveals have been.

But unless they plan to actually finish off the FP in June, as much as I'd like it, I doubt it.
Well, I don't exactly think FP2 will be "finished" by June either, in the sense that not all content within it will be all released by June. As I said I feel like CP11 will release, and thus FP2 will conclude, I dunno, August at the latest? This is of course assuming we don't have another character like Steve who has an insane moveset that requires Sakurai and his team to have to rework every stage or whatever.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
1. Captain Toad/Toadette [Treasure Tracker]
2. Raiden [Metal Gear]
3. Zero [Mega Man X]
4. Alucard [Castlevania]

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I don't exactly think FP2 will be "finished" by June either, in the sense that not all content within it will be all released by June. As I said I feel like CP11 will release, and thus FP2 will conclude, I dunno, August at the latest? This is of course assuming we don't have another character like Steve who has an insane moveset that requires Sakurai and his team to have to rework every stage or whatever.
Still feel like that's a bit optimistic tbh.

That depends on them either dropping another character between now and June, or 2 reveals in June.

Even though I'm the numbers guy, who likes to count the days between reveals and point, even I think we're gonna be waiting awhile for CP10 in June, and probably CP11 in September.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
When is the character presentation dropping?

Been playing Persona 5 Strikers non stop and haven't cared about any other game since it got released lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When you consider that Steve's targeted release was September, every character has released at an intended and otherwise regular interval; three months.

I think people expecting the pace to pick up are reading the wrong signals. I say we get a character in June, and then the last in September. Which also coincides with when Nintendo typically has events. I don't think working on fewer characters will result in them becoming available more quickly.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Here is mine:
3) Sceptile (Pokemon)
1. Starforce Mega Man
2. Chun-Li
3. Dixie Kong
4. Knuckles

EDIT: If Knuckles doesn't count, then Alucard.

For the record, I'd still say a Mii costume upgrade is slightly more likely than an AT upgrade, but who knows for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom