• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If Among Us were to get a Mii costume, assuming Mii costumes aren't decided alongside the Fighters at the start and can be made during the Fighter Pass, the highest likelihood of Among Us getting a costume would probably be with the 2nd last or last Fighter of the Pass.

Also, give Fall Guys a costume while they're at it. Release it alongside the Among Us costume.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Among Us is far too late to have even been considered for a Mii costume. Game just came out last year way before Pass 2 finalized.
Nah. Nintendo went back in time to tell Sakurai about how in 2 years Among Us would surge in popularity so instead of a Mii costume, we're getting an Among Us character.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
...while Rodin, Sukapon and Guile could all be Brawlers.
Whoa actually I would love a Sukapon Brawler costume...

Honestly, at this point I'd just love Mii costumes for the characters I want but know don't have a chance. Like a Gunner costume for Chell or a Nightmare for Swordfighter would be hype.

A Shantae Mii costume that gave her the Scimitar if assigned to the Swordfighter and the Flintlock Pistol to the Gunner is my dream.

imgbin-shantae-and-the-pirate-s-curse-shantae-half-genie-hero-video-games-wayforward-technolog...jpg

Wouldn't be amazing, but it'd be something.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Still surreal going back watching prediction videos after MinMin and seeing how completely off from what we've gotten soo far.

****ed up when I see a video "Posted 5 months ago" talking about Steve and how he'd be "Perfect for a Mii Fighter".
My favorite thing is looking back at all the Smash 4 prediction rosters that replaced Lucario with Zoroark, or better yet, Ganondorf with Girahim.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Honestly, at this point I'd just love Mii costumes for the characters I want but know don't have a chance. Like a Gunner costume for Chell or a Nightmare for Swordfighter would be hype.

A Shantae Mii costume that gave her the Scimitar if assigned to the Swordfighter and the Flintlock Pistol to the Gunner is my dream.

View attachment 305439

Same, I want a Hat Kid swordfighter and a Madeleine brawler.

A Smash In Time - Hat Kid for Smash Bros.! | Smashboards
Madeline (Celeste) - Wikipedia

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

View attachment 305439

Gunvolt Gunner. with maybe some random Lumen song. that's all i ask.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

View attachment 305439

Is this the part where I mention my Billy Hatcher Mii Costume thing from a few pages back? It seemed a few people liked that idea.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

View attachment 305439

Oof, that "transparent" .jpg
OOOOOF
1614555357676.png

Pillow

Smash Lord
Same, I want a Hat Kid swordfighter and a Madeleine brawler.

A Smash In Time - Hat Kid for Smash Bros.! | Smashboards
Madeline (Celeste) - Wikipedia
Oh gosh I want Hat Kid so bad

My favorite thing is looking back at all the Smash 4 prediction rosters that replaced Lucario with Zoroark, or better yet, Ganondorf with Girahim.
Yeah but now we wish they did that so we’d have all of them now with everyone is here !

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
you know... i kind of want to play a game.

IF, and i repeat, IF pass 2 isn't the end and all these executable slots are filled, who would you like to see fill said slots? Assuming Mythra takes up a separate exe slot and the last 2 of this pass give us 16, I've decided to divvy them up into 4 passes of 4 each, the last one being an echoes one if you so wish. include your dream last 2 for this pass as well.

i need to do some thinking as after my absolute dream picks, i kinda run out of steam fast...
This pass
1. King Boo
2. Rayman

Pass 3
1. Velvet Crowe
2. Hayabusa
3. Akira (Astral Chain)
4. Monster Hunter

Pass 4 (additional characters from existing 3rd party)
1. Chun Li
2. Shadow the Hedgehog
3. Zero
4. Demi Fiend (I'm counting that as the same series as Joker since persona is a spin-off of it).

Echo pass (let's not end with echoes of there's this much left)
1. Dixie Kong
2. Skyward Sword Impa
3. Medusa
4. Violet (Persona 5 Royal)

Pass 5 (extravagant megaton 3rd parties)
1. Crash
2. Sora
3. Dovahkiin
3. Master Chief

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So...uh, question. Let's say we get a Monster Hunter character. What color background do you think the character would have? 🤔

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So...uh, question. Let's say we get a Monster Hunter character. What color background do you think the character would have? 🤔
Like Shroob said it varies wildly depending on armor but there are 3 big armors I can see being a part of the render

-The MH Rise armor - I can see it being a blue or purple-ish color
-Rathalos Armor - A Red, orange, brown color
-Kirin Armor - A white or light blue color

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
While I can't say for certain, a orange/gold background would work, considering the Monster Hunter logos before World had, for the most part, gold lettering, especially the M and H.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Like Shroob said it varies wildly depending on armor but there are 3 big armors I can see being a part of the render

-The MH Rise armor - I can see it being a blue or purple-ish color
-Rathalos Armor - A Red, orange, brown color
-Kirin Armor - A white or light blue color
If MH comes I really hope we get the kirin armor female alt, censored or whatever is fine. I prefer the light tribal monster hunter looks to the bulky armors in general.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
To be fair Smash 4 was very different from Ultimate in character selection. Just look at that old ballot predictions image which was fairly popular here.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
God this image is always hilarious and slightly confusing.
Yeah to be fair some of the characters on the pic where never seen as that likely as far as I'm aware (like Mallo, Monita or Harmoknight), but it's still funny to see how things have change. The third party section was pretty much only characters who had strong ties to Nintendo.

Shroob

Sup?
I really hope they end development with an updated intro video. The first time I watched that on the start screen of Ultimate it was like this mind blowing thing and I couldn't believe what a crazy roster we ended up with. I'd love for them to do an extended version that adds the dlc characters.
I'd love that too, but then you'd have a divide for people who have the DLC versus the ones that don't.

Now what I'd like?

Maybe a year down the line, re-release Ultimate as a DX Port, ala what's going on with Sword/Shield, all the DLC on the cart, updated intro video, AND Palutena's Guidances for the Post-Plant DLC.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
To be fair Smash 4 was very different from Ultimate in character selection. Just look at that old ballot predictions image which was fairly popular here.
That prediction isn’t too far from what we got in Ultimate, I mean from first party we got Ridley, King K Rool, Inkling and Isabelle as playable fighters and new assists like Krsytal. From third, we got Bayonetta, Banjo-Kazooie and Simon Belmont as fighters while Knuckles, Shovel Knight and Bomberman end up being assist trophies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Probably a reddish orange, the color of the Rathalos. A close second would be beige, the color of bones that Monster Hunter weapons are often crafted out of.

If, for some reason, they decide to pick the MHR Ninja boxart armor, then perhaps a blue, but I doubt it.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Remember days when Master Chief thread was considered joke or troll? Just search Master Chief with "searches titles only" and see what I mean.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Remember days when Master Chief thread was considered joke or troll? Just search Master Chief with "searches titles only" and see what I mean.
I still remember a magazine (IIRC it was either Gamepro or Electronic Gaming) from the Brawl days that wanted Duck Hunt (Dog) and Master Chief. Both were laughed off back in the day, but considering we got the former and the latter is actually a popular request nowadays, times have truly changed.

Shroob

Sup?
I still remember a magazine (IIRC it was either Gamepro or Electronic Gaming) from the Brawl days that wanted Duck Hunt (Dog) and Master Chief. Both were laughed off back in the day, but considering we got the former and the latter is actually a popular request nowadays, times have truly changed.
It always amazes me how far we've come.

From humble beginnings of 12 Nintendo only

To almost 90 with some of the biggest names in both Nintendo and non-Nintendo

I'm happy I've come along for this ride for soo long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom