• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly, if we ever get new DLC after the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, I'd like an Echo Fighters Pass.

The latest DLC fulfilled what the base game's content was lacking the most of, and a few more Echo Fighters as the cherry on the top would be all I'd ask for.

I've made a post on Reddit some time ago where I imagined how such a pass would look like: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/ige3j2/if_there_was_an_echo_fighters_pass_consisting_of/

My most wanted, realistic fighter at this point is Dixie, and I have to accept that she's more of a next Smash material than an SSBU DLC one.

As for pretty Shantae, it's been some time I had to face the reality she'll never be on a high enough league to be considered as playable in Smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
you know... i kind of want to play a game.

IF, and i repeat, IF pass 2 isn't the end and all these executable slots are filled, who would you like to see fill said slots? Assuming Mythra takes up a separate exe slot and the last 2 of this pass give us 16, I've decided to divvy them up into 4 passes of 4 each, the last one being an echoes one if you so wish. include your dream last 2 for this pass as well.

i need to do some thinking as after my absolute dream picks, i kinda run out of steam fast...
I'm going to try to have a theme going on for each one, though that might not be doable.

Fighters Pass 2

Dante
Crash Bandicoot

(these picks seem like they'd please a lot of people, and they'd also fulfil two match-ups that people have wanted to see for a while - Dante vs. Bayonetta and Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash)

Fighters Pass 3 (new companies)

Ryu Hayabusa
Sol Badguy
Rayman
Doomguy (though since he's owned by Microsoft now, I'm aware that it's a stretch)

Fighters Pass 4 (mainly Mii costume promotions)

Geno
Heihachi Mishima
Travis Touchdown
Eggman (while not a Mii costume like the others, it seems weird that we haven't gotten a second Sonic character yet)

Fighters Pass 5 (characters that really should be in here by now)

Dixie Kong
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Impa (whether it's Age of Calamity, Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, etc. doesn't make a difference, though Age of Calamity seems like it would make the most sense)
Elma (while there isn't as much of a need for a new Xenoblade character, I'd rather not see Xenoblade Chronicles X get forgotten as it seems to be the only Wii U game that they haven't ported to the Switch)

Fighters Pass 6 (echo fighters)

Jeanne (as a Bayonetta echo)
Octoling (as an Inkling echo)
Tails (as a Sonic echo, though like Chrom, he'd have a different up special, and like Ken, a few of his attacks would be different)
Funky Kong (as a Donkey Kong echo)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

IF, and i repeat, IF pass 2 isn't the end and all these executable slots are filled, who would you like to see fill said slots? Assuming Mythra takes up a separate exe slot and the last 2 of this pass give us 16, I've decided to divvy them up into 4 passes of 4 each, the last one being an echoes one if you so wish. include your dream last 2 for this pass as well.

i need to do some thinking as after my absolute dream picks, i kinda run out of steam fast...
I'll give it a shot. I'll try spreading them out by company and third/first party, to make it a bit more realistic. Because #84 was a really good opportunity for an Echo imo, I also decided to break up the "Echo Pass" as bonuses for volumes 3~5.

Volume 2
CP10: #81 Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
CP11: #82 Ahri (League of Legends)

Volume 3
CP12: #83 2B (NieR Automata)
CP13: #84 Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) and #84e Amitie (Puyo Puyo)
CP14: #85 Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
CP15: #86 Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
BONUS: #38e Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Volume 4
CP17: #87 Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
CP18: #88 Kyo Kusanagi (The King of Fighters)
CP19: #89 Bomberman (Bomberman)
CP20: #90 Geno (Super Mario RPG)
BONUS: #46e Roll (Mega Man)

Volume 5
CP21: #91 Waluigi (Super Mario)
CP22: #92 Rayman (Rayman)
CP23: #93, #94 and #95 Ruby Heart, Sonson and Amingo (Capcom Vs.)
CP24: #96 Isaac (Golden Sun)
BONUS: #64e Octoling (Splatoon)

...Honestly, I had to fill a few gaps with characters that aren't really among my most wanted, but I think would be interesting nonetheless.

I think it's crazy that there's few characters I actively want right now, but when it comes to "hm, I'm not familiar with this, but it could be cool"- like characters, even this many slots aren't enough lol.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Mega Man Costumes were honored with Byleth.
Heihachi Costume was honored with Min Min.
In this new Nintendo pack, I think that Capcom, friend-company of Project X Zone, can be honored again. It would be a good time to have Hunters and Lloyd Costumes. KOS-MOS made sense to me at first, but concretely I don't know how Nintendo considers her.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

Might as well join this train:. Also decided to break up the Echo Pass into smaller bits and pieces mostly:

FP2:

1. Ahri (LoL)
2. Dante

FP3:

1. JC Denton or Adam Jensen (Deus Ex)
2. Arle (Puyo Puyo) - possible Echo here.
3. Ring Fit Trainee
4. Master Chief
Echo: Medusa (Kid Icarus - complete tangent: Why did they give Palu's shield complete ****ing invincibility during Dash Attack and Back Air? Mini-rant over.)

FP4:

1. Yuri Lowell
2. 2B - Possible Echo here.
3. Lina or Morphling (Dota 2)
4. Waluigi

FP5:

1. Crash - Possible Echo here.
2. KOS-MOS - Possible Echo here.
3. Mobile game representative (could be standard like Dragalia or Angry Birds, I'm kinda tempted to say something completely random like Garena Free Fire.)
4. Kratos

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

FP1: Joker, Hero, Banjo, Terry, Byleth

FP2: Min Min, Steve, Sephiroth, Pyra and Mythra, Papyrus, Decidueye

FP2.5 (the echo pass): Shadow, Octoling, Tom Nook, Pneuma (only acquired if you also have FP Vol.2)

FP3: Waluigi, Crash, Hayabusa, Doom Slayer ( I don't really want anyone in this pass, but it keeps the fans off my back)

FP4: Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, Chun Li, Eggman (This pass mostly just cleans up the series already in the game)

FP5: Grovyle, Maxwell, Kamek, Megaman X ( The 100% bias pass.)

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
What Mii Fighters Costumes do you want/think would be cool for the upcoming presentation?
1614530729097.png

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I see Blaziken as an easy character to add if they kinda Frankenstein'd him. Flare Blitz from Zard, up B from Ken but probably renamed to Sky Uppercut, Flamethrower also taken from Zard, Revenge for down B if they want to make him scary (maybe even have it increase his speed instead of KO power in reference to Mega Blaziken's Speed Boost), grabs and throws taken from either character, etc.
Honestly I would take it even farther. If they were to ever do cross series echoes I think Blaziken would make a perfect Captain Falcon echo.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Speculation is gonna be boring when Fighter Pass 2 finishes.
I mean... Yeah. If they stop adding fighters after this Pass, obviously speculation will be almost nonexistent until the next Smash is announced.

What Mii Fighters Costumes do you want/think would be cool for the upcoming presentation?
View attachment 305401
Zeke and Jin costumes for the Mii Swordfighter seem like a no brainer.

And as I already said in other posts, a Lora costume for the Mii Brawler would be great.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Rayman as a Mii?

Don’t think that would work.

I guess he could be a hat but like. Yuck.
Well, then again, these Mii's Happened.

Pig Mask + Outfit now available for purchase! - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Bomberman, Travis Touchdown, Creeper And More Join Super Smash Bros.  Ultimate As Mii Fighter Costumes - Nintendo Life

The fact we got limbless Mii's at all solidified the fact that if Rayman gets something at all, it's probably a Mii Costume. Have a Rayman Mask and Rayman Body and you're good to go. Rayman's lack of popularity in Japan screwed him over, so at least this way he gets something, especially since that Trophy Model is right there!
Super Smash Bros. Features Rayman Trophy - IGN

I wouldn't be surprised if either Sakurai, NAMCO, or Ubisoft still had this Model, and considering it was already Smashified, it would make perfect sense for a Deluxe Mii without needing to put too much effort into it, especially considering he's Literally Limbless.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Though it'd be to see anyone other than Red be the trainer for either Pikachu, Greninja, or the current elemental starter trio as he's usually the trainer associated with all of those. I suppose Blue could take over as the starter trainer, and Serena/Calem could be the trainer for Greninja while Red/Leaf moves to Pikachu.
There's no reason they can't double up.

If Trainer's Pokemon were separate characters, I'd say make Red Charizard's trainer, Leaf Ivysaur's trainer, and Blue Squirtle's trainer.

Make Pichu's trainer Chase from Let's Go Pikachu. Because that's a baby game for baby Pokemon.

Honestly, if we ever get new DLC after the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, I'd like an Echo Fighters Pass.

The latest DLC fulfilled what the base game's content was lacking the most of, and a few more Echo Fighters as the cherry on the top would be all I'd ask for.
I mean, I would ALSO like to see more Echoes. But I wouldn't choose an Echo pass OVER another Fighter Pass.

So how do you think they'd be able to make a Rayman Mii work?
He just said. A Brawler with invisible arms and legs. Which they can totally do.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

This is s mix of wishlist and characters that I think are likely to join Smash eventually. Since those pass would be so long from the base game I don't really care about assist trophies and mii costumes at some point.

Fighter pass 2:
81. Dante
82. Ryu Hayabusa

Fighter pass 3:
83. Rayman
84. Heihashi
85. Eggman
86. Ayumi
64e. Octoling

Fighter pass 4:
87. Impa
88. 2B
89. Arle Nadja
90. Phoenix Wright
2e. Funky kong

Fighter pass 5:
91. Crash bandicoot
92. Bill Rizer
93. Lara Croft
94. Waluigi
54e. Medusa

I wanted to add Astral chain protagonist and Ring fit adventurer to represent more recent Nintendo games, but there's so many great third party characters and series not in Smash that I finally decided to not add them.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Well, then again, these Mii's Happened.

Pig Mask + Outfit now available for purchase! - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Bomberman, Travis Touchdown, Creeper And More Join Super Smash Bros.  Ultimate As Mii Fighter Costumes - Nintendo Life

The fact we got limbless Mii's at all solidified the fact that if Rayman gets something at all, it's probably a Mii Costume. Have a Rayman Mask and Rayman Body and you're good to go. Rayman's lack of popularity in Japan screwed him over, so at least this way he gets something, especially since that Trophy Model is right there!
Super Smash Bros. Features Rayman Trophy - IGN

I wouldn't be surprised if either Sakurai, NAMCO, or Ubisoft still had this Model, and considering it was already Smashified, it would make perfect sense for a Deluxe Mii without needing to put too much effort into it, especially considering he's Literally Limbless.
I can understand Creeper and Pig, but I legit think no Rayman fan would be happy with a lousy Mii Costume. (Me included)

Besides, they could also take that model and make it into a full on fighter as well.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I can understand Creeper and Pig, but I legit think no Rayman fan would be happy with a lousy Mii Costume. (Me included)

Besides, they could also take that model and make it into a full on fighter as well.
Well, would you rather a Deluxe Mii, or to keep begging for a Fighter who has never been likely in the First Place?

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Well, would you rather a Deluxe Mii, or to keep begging for a Fighter who has never been likely in the First Place?
You say he's not likely, but that isn't even true. And I realize that you're biased and probably aren't even going to listen to me regardless of what I say, so I won't bother.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

You're getting famous with this post I see.

Anyway, to round up Pass 2:

-A Zelda BotW Champion; and I choose Urbosa here.
-Monster Hunter

Pass 3:

-Dixie Kong (fully unique)
-Impa (fully unique and based on Age of Calamity)
-Bandana Dee
-Ryu Hayabusa

Pass 4?

-Ring Fit Trainer
-Nightmare / Siegfried
-Chun-Li
-Isaac (late cause I don't expect a new Golden Sun soon)

Pass 5:

-Knuckles
-Garchomp
-Balloon Fighter
-Cranky Kong

Echo Pass:

-Funky Kong
-Octoling
-Ninten
-Tom Nook

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Here’s my predictions for FP2 and a potiential FP3:

Fighters Pass 2:
81: Crash (June 2021)
82: Dr. Eggman (August 2021)

Fighters Pass 3:
83: Doom Slayer (December 2021)
84: Paper Mario (March 2022)
85: Rayman (June 2022)
86: Dante (August 2022)
87: Gen 9 Pokemon (November 2022)
88: Impa (February 2023)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
View attachment 305401
The Knight from Hollow Knight (PreMiium Swordfighter, comes with Sealed Vessel remix)
Mecha-Fiora (Xenoblade Chronicles; Swordfighter. She also appears in Shulk’s Final Smash, and I kinda... voted for her on the ballot so I’d like some form of compensation)
Lora (Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna, the Golden Country; Brawler)
Monster Hunter (Swordfighter; both OG and Rathalos armors. They’re in Pythra’s wave due to Rise coming out in late March)

them’s my predictions. Don’t see KOS-MOS or Elma getting Mii’d cause I don’t see Gunners happening this wave and I lowkey hope they don’t esp if they do plan on returning to DLC later. BIG IF.

Last edited:

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
You say that like I didn't feel sympathy for them when they're most wanted characters got deconfirmed.
No man I'm just saying Mii costumes are a big part of the Challenger Packs. And it comes down to "Hey, do you want this kind of representation for your favorite character or do you not want your character represented at all?"

I'd love Rayman, but if it came down to getting a Mii costume or getting absolutely nothing, you better believe that I'd take the Mii costume.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
You say he's not likely, but that isn't even true. And I realize that you're biased and probably aren't even going to listen to me regardless of what I say, so I won't bother.
Ah yes, and what does every character in Smash have in common, including even the more Western Oriented? They all come from Series that are either from Japan, Owned by Nintendo in some way, or have Historically done well enough in Japan in the Case of the Few Western Characters we have already. Rayman has none of these. Rayman isn't Ubisoft's Most Important IP, I'd argue that's Assassin's Creed. Rayman has never been owned in some way by Nintendo, only published BRIEFLY in Japan. And Rayman has historically had poor Sales in the Region, even when it got published by Nintendo. At least Metroid has had a Couple of Titles go up to One Million Copies in Japan, as that's something the Original and Super did. At least Punch-Out was relevant and Little Mac was Heavily Requested for Years before his inclusion. Bayonetta may as well be owned by Nintendo. I'd be happy for you if I'm wrong, I just can't see it happening unless something changes. Good Day sir!

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
View attachment 305401
Either one of these 2 is a Premiium: (Hopefully)
Hollow Knight-Swordfighter
Crewmate/Imposter-Brawler

Standard affair stuff:
KOS-MOS-Gunner
Elma-Swordfighter or Gunner
Other Xenoblade Character (Haven’t played XC)

Third Parties:
Lloyd or Monster Hunter-Swordfighter

Makes sense to me, hope its accurate.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
View attachment 305401
Maybe a Bandai/Namco-themed costume or two could fit with P&M's pack (considering that Monolith used to be owned by Namco). Costumes could include:

Siegfried/Nightmare Swordfighter
Agumon Brawler
Renamon Brawler
Returning Lloyd Swordfighter
Reiji Arisu Swordfighter (as a Project X Zone rep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom