• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.
bored

Let's play a game. Take one character you want in Smash. Take a different series you want in Smash. Give the character some aspect from the other series. See how that alters their moveset.
So my most wanted is basically anybody from Bravely Default.
I also want Bandana Dee, who comes from Kirby.
Kirby's thing is swallowing opponents and taking their powers.
Bravely Default has asterisks, which are the items that give you access to jobs.
Normally, you get them from defeating bosses, but if we Kirby-fied it:

There's a special move our BD character has that will pull an asterisk from their enemy. Depending on the enemy, a different asterisk will come out and the BD character will gain a new job. For example, if they pulled an asterisk from Joker, they would become a thief and their moves would change accordingly. Lucina would make them a swordmaster, etc.

How's that?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I suppose so. It wasn't a really well thought out game, honestly. You're free to ignore it, if you want.
NO! This is too much fun!

Bandana Waddle Dee, but now he has a Portal Gun.
Elma, but now she has the power of Juju.
Amaterasu, but she's bonded with Pyra so she can BURNING SWORD!!!

...In no particular order.

ZelDan

Smash Master
bored

Let's play a game. Take one character you want in Smash. Take a different series you want in Smash. Give the character some aspect from the other series. See how that alters their moveset.
Isaac and Halo.

Isaac now has guns.

He probably doesn't know how to use them though.

So yeah now he has moves where he aimlessly sprays bullets everywhere and potentially damages himself or any teammates he may have.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
bored

Kirby and [PROTOTYPE]

Bandana Dee has the Blacklight Virus which allows him to shapeshift his body and biomass from having a blade arm to a whip and many more.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's like those Amalgam Comics from back in the day, except actually kinda interesting.
I'm not sure how great any of these ideas are in execution though.
  • Elma with Tak's powers is mostly just buisness as usual, though now she can throw magic projectiles, and maybe run even faster than she already can. That last bit might make it kind of interesting I guess.
  • I don't think Pyra's entertaining enough to carry for an entire game on her own (EDIT: Amaterasu is mute), she really needs the rest of the cast for that. I don't think she and Issun would have very good chemistry either because Issun't a big playboy and would constantly make her uncomfortable.
  • A Portal Gun would probably be interesting in anyone's hands though. It's a Portal Gun. Honestly, I'd love to see various AUs that just plop various characters in Portal's setting and plot and see what happens.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
bored

Phoenix Wright and Kazuma Kiryu.

Kazuma gets Maya as a buddy cheering on in the background.
Phoenix would play the same except he takes off his shirt.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Instead of saying "The testimony contradicts the evidence", he goes:

"Your honor, I may not have a counterargument, but consider this:" removes shirt
Judge: "What does that have to do with anything?"

Edgeworth, staring at Nick's newfound abs: "No no, he's got a point"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Where is that Buff Phoenix image

It is very much needed right now
56jnh15lk3s31.png

Ironically enough, considering the **** Nick's done and endured in the series on a physical sense, such as breaking down a door and surviving getting hit by a car and getting launched into a streetlamp by said car, this seems somewhat realistic

EDIT: **** I JUST REALIZED KIRYU HAS A DRAGON MOTIF. Y'KNOW WHAT PHOENIX'S NAME IS IN JAPAN? RYUICHI

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ironically enough, considering the **** Nick's done and endured in the series on a physical sense, such as breaking down a door and surviving getting hit by a car and getting launched into a streetlamp by said car, this seems somewhat realistic
Phoenix can't build that much muscle because he's too poor to afford all the food you'd need to build that muscle.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Octoling has multiple selectable weapons. That sounds pretty interesting.

Of course, they could also randomly crit.

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
So... I did some more math stuffs! Today, I decided to take a look at what possible background color the next fighter might have.
And these are the possible colors I got, minimally extended!

I only say minimally, because technically, there are 27 possible colors mathematically, but I just chose the first three because it'd take too much time today. So maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

If anybody is curious on how I did it, let me know, and I can post a link to the desmos page I used!

Also, do note, please do not take this seriously. This is just math at the end of the day and holds no weight. I just personally thought it'd be fun to do.
I can see Rex having a similar colour to the first one.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
So... I did some more math stuffs! Today, I decided to take a look at what possible background color the next fighter might have.
And these are the possible colors I got, minimally extended!

I only say minimally, because technically, there are 27 possible colors mathematically, but I just chose the first three because it'd take too much time today. So maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

If anybody is curious on how I did it, let me know, and I can post a link to the desmos page I used!

Also, do note, please do not take this seriously. This is just math at the end of the day and holds no weight. I just personally thought it'd be fun to do.
I'm out of the loop on this. Can someone explain how we know these are the colours for the next fighter's background? I thought colour theory died long ago and the colours were chosen after the fighters to reflect their colour scheme.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
bored

Sol Badguy now has lawyer powers and Axel can now do samurai ****

Frankly both of those sound metal as ****

CureParfait

Smash Ace
bored

Darkrai and Friday Night Funkin

Darkrai would have projectiles that resembles Dance Dance Revolution arrows and raps in Animal Crossing-esque language as a Final Smash.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
bored

Octoling Girl/Boy pilot a Skell and can make decoys of themselves

Ahri is a literal bullet hell character

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm out of the loop on this. Can someone explain how we know these are the colours for the next fighter's background? I thought colour theory died long ago and the colours were chosen after the fighters to reflect their colour scheme.
We don't. This is just a mathematical thing that epicmartin7 epicmartin7 came up with. It has no basis in anything actually useful for predictable purposes.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MarioSonicman14
Switch FC
SW-0999-5855-7663
bored

Tails has the Devil Gene (Tekken) and can shoot lasers from his 3rd eye.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
bored

Yangus... but with a gun.

Actually, I've been thinking it would be cool to see Nier's weapon set system implemented into a smash moveset, and while I personally haven't come up with a satisfying way to implement that, if you did it would probably mesh with Yangus fairly well.

SKX31

Smash Master
i'm tired of coming up with reasons for grovyle to be added to smash so i made a robot do it for me.
View attachment 301165View attachment 301166
I'm increasingly convinced that the AI you're using is slowly but surely becoming sentient.

bored

So many possibilities here:

* Master Chief now gains KOS-MOS' high tech nonsense like Micro Missiles and various beam-related weaponry (or vice versa with KOS MOS getting the Energy Sword and Covenant weaponry). I see nothing wrong with that.

* Ring Fit Adveturer gets Sora's keyblade and the ability to juggle people for ages. S-tier right off the bat.

* And finally, Dante gets to loan Civilization Gandhi's words and what those are backed by. Can't help but to whistle as the stage burns.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So many possibilities here:

* Master Chief now gains KOS-MOS' high tech nonsense like Micro Missiles and various beam-related weaponry (or vice versa with KOS MOS getting the Energy Sword and Covenant weaponry). I see nothing wrong with that.

* Ring Fit Adveturer gets Sora's keyblade and the ability to juggle people for ages. S-tier right off the bat.

* And finally, Dante gets to loan Civilization Gandhi's words and what those are backed by. Can't help but to whistle as the stage burns.
A bit disappointed that you didn't give anyone Dota 2 stuns. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom