• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Rex's hypothetical background color would be interesting to see because he would likely share his slot on the website with Pyra, and Mythra if she's included as well. That would mean that the color would have to fit Rex's blue, Pyra's red, and Mythra's whi-...Actually, it would probably be emerald because all three of them have this color in their pallets.

tfw you think of something that completely invalidates your previous train of thought as you type it
It's also the color of Pyra and Mythra's Core Crystal, so yeah, probably emerald.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
if Elma's isn't the same shade of aqua as the X in the Xenoblade Chronicles X logo we riot

and yes i know my sig doesn't have that same shade. i'm letting it slide as that's a mockup

i just want the real thing to be that same shade of aqua ya dig

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's also the color of Pyra and Mythra's Core Crystal, so yeah, probably emerald.
That's what I was thinking about, since Rex also has a part of their Core Crystal, and it's the only reason why emerald is a part of his pallet.

You guys going over color theory again? Tsk, tsk.
Should've buried colour theory under a slab of concrete so it couldn't be exhumed like this. :p
It's not really color theory. It's just an observation I had that the colors seem to be pulled from the canonical (though not necessarily default) pallets of the characters (EDIT: probably through use of the eyedropper tool). I even noted that if this is correct, it would mean that you could actually predict the color used, but you would have to know the character first. In that sense it's completely useless, but it's fun to think about.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hmmmm idk if it’s that complicated. The music appears in XC2’s expansion pass without issue
Said music also directly accompanies Elma as a boss and playable character, and in Smash she's neither. There's also the fact that there's different devs too, so it's possible that there were different mindsets with the licensing.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
if Elma's isn't the same shade of aqua as the X in the Xenoblade Chronicles X logo we riot

and yes i know my sig doesn't have that same shade. i'm letting it slide as that's a mockup

i just want the real thing to be that same shade of aqua ya dig
If they do pull from her pallet, then my guess would be periwinkle since it's in both of her canonical pallets, and there's not much chance of her blending into that color.

Hmmmm idk if it’s that complicated. The music appears in XC2’s expansion pass without issue
I'd imagine it's a "well we could if we wanted to, but we don't want to" kind of a deal. Probably the same reason why the Rhythm Heaven's classics didn't get in aside from Blue Birds, and the Final Fantasy characters don't have English voice actors.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know what also baffles me? A Tokyo Mirage Sessions spirit but no music

I can understand no vocal themes cause Avex is literally one of the most anal Japanese music labels ever, but no battle music? It’s not like Avex owns those too

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I can understand no vocal themes cause Avex is literally one of the most anal Japanese music labels ever, but no battle music? It’s not like Avex owns those too
Seeing as Tsubasa was the only Spirit and TMS didn't do so well, Nintendo probably just didn't bother

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Would they be classified as Fire Emblem or "Other" music tracks? 🤔

EDIT: Atlas might co-own the tracks or something, which means they may have costed money to add, which they seem to be unwilling to with any non-essential music.

Last edited:

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice

It's also a similar case as the XCX music in XC2, since Tokyo Mirage Sessions music did make it into FE Heroes when they added characters from it. A bit of a noticeable omission, especially since they were willing to use Code Name S.T.E.A.M.'s remixes.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Yes fr tho, probably just Fire Emblem

tfw no Itsuki. He’s the MAIN CHARACTER
Content from spin-offs in general is very limited in the game. If you're not a Mario spin-off or Kirby Air Ride, good luck.

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice
Content from spin-offs in general is very limited in the game. If you're not a Mario spin-off or Kirby Air Ride, good luck.
Not sure I agree. There's music from a bunch of Kirby spinoffs, not just Air Ride; there's also music from Hey Pikmin, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, Metroid Prime Federation Force, etc. Stuff like Age of Calamity and Detective Pikachu got spirits, too.

I think the fact that Sweden is not among Minecraft's tracklist really speaks to how if they think they can make do without a track owned by a 3rd party, they absolutely will.
Counterpoint: Ring a Ding is owned by Avex, but they went for it anyway.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Though the fact that they used a supporting cast member over the main character is still odd. Perhaps they owned Tsubasa but not Itsuki?
I know nothing about TMS, and can't add anything useful to the theorizing. Whenever they played a trailer for the game in a Direct it made me laugh.

I feel like that game is the Japanese equivalent to an FPS where Duke Nukem rides a giant bald eagle to go save the president, who rewards him in cheeseburgers and Monster energy drinks while Bruce Springsteen plays in the background.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Translation courtesy of Google:

"Ice Climber" released today in 1985 !! If I notice any anniversary, I will update it on Saturday and Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not sure I agree. There's music from a bunch of Kirby spinoffs, not just Air Ride; there's also music from Hey Pikmin, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, Metroid Prime Federation Force, etc. Stuff like Age of Calamity and Detective Pikachu got spirits, too.
Sounds like you disagree with someone who said there isn't any content from spin-offs.

I said there is very limited content from spin-offs. I suspect that each of those titles only has one or two pieces of content each, which sort of reinforces what I was saying.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If we're going by release order, he's been moving away from the armored look and more towards cloth and jackets. Chronologically speaking, he's a roulette wheel. I think he'd either use the Ys VIII design with the 1 and 2 designs as an alt, or have a composite of various designs from throughout the series.
Hmm, I feel Sakurai would go with the classic design for Adol. I don't see us getting one of the non armored designs. His armour is an iconic part of Adol, I'd say.
Probably they would do a mix of some of his armour designs. I could see the scarfs he uses in Ys SEVEN or Oath in Felghana being a part of his look, or at least, appearing in some of his alts.

His VIII design is cool but for Smash I'd personally take first a more classic approach for him. Ys SEVEN has the perfect balance, probably my fave Adol in the series:

7d727c94aeea84ffb203917c620885a7.jpg

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You guys going over color theory again? Tsk, tsk.
Should've buried colour theory under a slab of concrete so it couldn't be exhumed like this. :p
To kind of add to what SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy said, this technically has nothing to do with original concept of Color Theory. Color Theory was the proposal that all dlc characters would make a color rainbow pattern. However, as shown by future subsequent releases, that has been proven false. So Color Theory is very much dead.

What this is, is merely statistics with no factual or logical basis tbh. I basically took the RGB index numbers of each color, took their ratio, and tracked iterations of the average ratio through a graph. And then used a trendline to predict where the average might go. And then I worked my way back from there.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hmm, I feel Sakurai would go with the classic design for Adol. I don't see us getting one of the non armored designs. His armour is an iconic part of Adol, I'd say.
Probably they would do a mix of some of his armour designs. I could see the scarfs he uses in Ys SEVEN or Oath in Felghana being a part of his look, or at least, appearing in some of his alts.

His VIII design is cool but for Smash I'd personally take first a more classic approach for him. Ys SEVEN has the perfect balance, probably my fave Adol in the series:

View attachment 301121
Yeah, Ys SEVEN has the best Adol. It also has the bonus of being used in an actual fighting game
1611976254993.png

Though, seeing as they've stuck with it from Memories of Celceta-onward, I do think we'll at least see jacket Adol as an alt.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not really color theory. It's just an observation I had that the colors seem to be pulled from the canonical (though not necessarily default) pallets of the characters (EDIT: probably through use of the eyedropper tool). I even noted that if this is correct, it would mean that you could actually predict the color used, but you would have to know the character first. In that sense it's completely useless, but it's fun to think about.
To kind of add to what SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy said, this technically has nothing to do with original concept of Color Theory. Color Theory was the proposal that all dlc characters would make a color rainbow pattern. However, as shown by future subsequent releases, that has been proven false. So Color Theory is very much dead.

What this is, is merely statistics with no factual or logical basis tbh. I basically took the RGB index numbers of each color, took their ratio, and tracked iterations of the average ratio through a graph. And then used a trendline to predict where the average might go. And then I worked my way back from there.
Yes, thank you. I know it's not og colour theory.

I just wish fact-checkers were as plentiful when I have to write reports as they seem to be when I'm making dumb quips. :p

7NATOR

Smash Master
Seems I missed quite of bit of discussion

Regarding the Apex Legends thing, here where some of the discussion of it came from

Rumour: Apex Legends character part of exclusive content collaboration deal - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Err.... so apparently, word on the street is Apex Legends is joining the roster - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

The two links present in these two topics

Rumor - How Nintendo paid EA money to fund ports | IGN Boards

Where Aaron went wrong - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Forum - Neoseeker Forums

also this post

Wraith is coming to smash bros. - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

The thing is that to be honest, I can't in good faith really rally behind these rumors because the people spreading them aren't that certified. I did talk to one of the people in Gamefaqs DM's about it, and it was interesting discussion, but I'm not sure

The one thing I will say is that Nintendo and EA started to have more of a relationship in recent years, and Doug Bowser came from EA before going to Nintendo, so I could see some talk about Smash. I think people also got to understand that something like a Smash collab will definitly make Nintendo and EA Closer, and EA is definitely an asset Nintendo would want, considering they have Very High sellers like Fifa, Madden, and Sims. Apex is one of the Biggest Battle royales right now, and Sakurai is familiar with the game since he was stated to have played it

My Problem with it is that Apex came out in February of 2019, which is really late, especially when negotiating for 3rd party franchises and such. I personally find it hard now to believe that they managed to negotatie for a character insuch a short time, since I imagine these negotations take awhile, maybe not to Steve levels, but some time in any case.

The only way I could see this happening is if EA really just allowed Sakurai free reign, perhaps more than usual compared to other 3rd parties, which is what one of these rumors might have suggested, and that Nintendo and/or Sakurai really wanted an FPS character, and Sakurai already had moveset concepts in mind for an FPS character that could be translated to any FPS Option. This would also suggest that every other FPS option (Master ChiefChief, Doomguy, Tracer, Jonsey) either couldn't be negotiated in time, or wasn't even attempted for whatever reason.

otherwise even if these rumors were true, and/or there were some deep conversations between Nintendo and EA about Smash, I can't imagine the timeline lines up for FP2. Maybe Next Smash game or FP3. yes

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Alright, my 4 Chan endeavor has concluded. I found nothing of worth Smash side. On the otherhand, as someone whos part middle eastern. I’ve learned new ways to hate myself :4pacman:
Last time I go on 4 Chan lmao
The best 4 chan endeavor is the one where you don't do a 4 chan endeavor at all. :4pacman:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Counterpoint: Ring a Ding is owned by Avex, but they went for it anyway.
Who in their right mind would think they could make do without Ring a Ding?

bored

Let's play a game. Take one character you want in Smash. Take a different series you want in Smash. Give the character some aspect from the other series. See how that alters their moveset.
So like, if you wanted say, Shulk in the game, and also wanted the Mega Man series to get content in smash, you mash them together, and now Shulk's Monado grants him access to Robot Master weapons?

I know both things are in the game, this is just an example.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
The best 4 chan endeavor is the one where you don't do a 4 chan endeavor at all. :4pacman:
Learned that the hard way lmao.
bored

Let's play a game. Take one character you want in Smash. Take a different series you want in Smash. Give the character some aspect from the other series. See how that alters their moveset.
Porky, corrupted by the forces of Silent Hill. His attacks are far more gruesome and twisted in nature. Uses cages and fog to confuse and hold opponents in place for his punishment.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Who in their right mind would think they could make do without Ring a Ding?

So like, if you wanted say, Shulk in the game, and also wanted the Mega Man series to get content in smash, you mash them together, and now Shulk's Monado grants him access to Robot Master weapons?

I know both things are in the game, this is just an example.
In hindsight, I think it might be a bit better if we just did attributes in general. So, what if Adol had fire attacks, or stuff like that. Granted, I just came up with it on the spot, so it might not be the best of forum games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom