• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Quite an incredible one. What are the odds of every page on the NZ e-shop having names of colours that closely resemble one fighter's background colour each, and the number of these matching the number of total fighters in FP2? Almost seems like a speculation trap.
Dude... I stopped typing because I didn't want to admit my total feeling.

This was all part of an elaborate ploy and we are its actors.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Eh, it made sense.

A website updating its info early in the source code in prep for upcoming data is something that happens all the time.

Just, no one checked as to if every page had that color as well.

And, why does every page have that color?

The world may never know
Because every page has Waluigi in, it, duh.
C'mon, Shroob, that's the most logical conclusion to be taken from this whole thing. :4pacman:

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
…at least it’s not Karthus

cries in the 20+ ARAM matches I lost cuz of an enemy Karthus

you think Teemo and Yasuo are bad? You haven’t known TRUE TERROR
Karthus at least has the courtesy to give you a warning.

Dota 2's Zeus ****ing instantly zaps the entire enemy team globally, and if he scores a kill? The one killed gets to hear "YOU CAN'T RUN FROM HEAVEN!" And his ability upgrade (via an expensive item, but still) is a global-cast nimbus cloud that zaps the target area it's assigned to, letting him either scout low health heroes or do double lightning damage on a specific enemy. Oh and Zeus' taunt is a Mario jump, complete with coin, so expect to see that too.

**** like that is why I love that genre.

I do consider Phoenix to be one of the stronger candidates. Most other competition within Capcom seems unrealistic whether it's because of Kazuya (any fighting game character) or through the presence of existing content (Monster Hunter, DMC, arguably Resident Evil... although I'm willing to humor it) and Phoenix is looking to have a pretty good couple years ahead of him.

My concern remains the creativity, or lack thereof, within corporate Nintendo boardrooms deciding which characters are going to be playable. It's a weak reason to count Phoenix out altogether, but it's something that I still worry about when discussing more abstract (non)fighters like Phoenix or Arle who don't have the liberty of being from Minecraft.
TBF, Nintendo's executive group does include Miyamoto - one of the main men who helped shape Nintendo's ideal for creativity - and several other execs have producing experience (Takahashi, Koizumi, Tezuka). Furukawa for his part knows a thing or two about that since he's worked at NoE and TPC in the past before becoming President. I'm pretty sure that creativity is not amongst the corporate boardrooms' issues.

Because every page has Waluigi in, it, duh.
C'mon, Shroob, that's the most logical conclusion to be taken from this whole thing. :4pacman:
Oh my god, he was there the entire time!

:4pacman:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The question is; does this mean the website even had an update? I mean, obviously the update(if it happened) doesn't give us a lick of useful information either, but it being updated is still good for speculation. Even if it's just basically confirming our belief that September is the next reveal combined with the website update.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I miss when the Geno fanbase existed and this sort of nonsense happened everyday. Heck, I’ll take Ridley shenanigans or K. Rool thinkpieces over the benign art of waiting that Smash speculation has been involved with lately.

Probably just made up to build hype for that Jack Skellington-looking neanderthal.
2B from NieR?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The question is; does this mean the website even had an update? I mean, obviously the update(if it happened) doesn't give us a lick of useful information either, but it being updated is still good for speculation. Even if it's just basically confirming our belief that September is the next reveal combined with the website update.
You mean recently?

Kazuya still has the Rolls out 6/29/2021 tag on so probably not.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You mean recently?

Kazuya still has the Rolls out 6/29/2021 tag on so probably not.
No. I mean an internal update to add the bg color. That's why the leak in itself was about, that a new color was added to the site's coding.

I'm asking if that kind of update happened, a silent one, basically.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dunno. I remember there being a theory that the new tag getting removed meaning that the next fighter reveal is immanent but I don't remember if it was unfounded or not.
I think that only applied for base game. They got lazy during the dlc period iirc, I do at least recall the NEW tag still being up between the Steve and Sephiroth reveals

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shouldnt FP1’s colors be there too tho? Banjo’s and Min Min’s colors are different in hue, and Hero’s is a much lighter shade of purple (lavender?) that I don’t see listed

Joker’s red is also darker than Kazuya’s

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So today has been an eventful day.

You know what they say. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain and in my cause I lived long enough to see myself become the villain.

posted the FP11 topic in order to calm the heated debates.

Ended up causing another argument between everyone.

Caused a random nahobino fan to start telling Everyone nabohino is a lock which caused even more heated arguments and then ended up getting the thread closed for 15 minutes

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So the Purple Theory is dead…

Waluigi Chads and Frisk Chads, this isn’t our day…

…but…Isaac Chads…we are back in the running. Ready your E10+-colored brimstone beams. It is time.
when you're back on the table because you don't have to be purple

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
How about we take a break from the tension of Smash speculation to instead speculate about a character that’s going to be revealed sooner?

It seems to be the standard that Super Monkey Ball character(s) are revealed on Wednesdays (Beat, Sonic, Tails, and Kiryu so far,) but, this is the first one to be revealed at an event like this instead of just being dropped on Twitter and YouTube.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom