• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
So, now that the glue has worn off I wanna know what the general consensus is for Ace Attorney.

I recognize I am extremely biased, but I got a really good feeling about Phoenix.

With the Great Ace Attorney Duology finally localized, and AA 7 on the way. Nintendo and Capcom have a genuine reason to cut a deal for Phoenix over bigger franchises like Monster Hunter and Resident Evil.

Hes a pretty popular character, and has only grown more requested over time.

So, what do you all think?

I know better than to get my hopes up at this point, but it feels right.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, this purple leak is basically the same as when Vergeben "leaked" Master Chief. This whole thread blew up and everybody got excited, then it gets debunked like 2 hours later.
to be fair I didn’t get excited. I prayed he was wrong and in return my wish was granted.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
So, now that the glue has worn off I wanna know what the general consensus is for Ace Attorney.

I recognize I am extremely biased, but I got a really good feeling about Phoenix.

With the Great Ace Attorney Duology finally localized, and AA 7 on the way. Nintendo and Capcom have a genuine reason to cut a deal for Phoenix over bigger franchises like Monster Hunter and Resident Evil.

I'd say Phoenix has a pretty damn good shot right now thanks to all the Capcom competition getting picked off and his substantial fan demand.

While I would prefer Amaterasu as the next Capcom rep, Phoenix would still be a great choice.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
to be fair I didn’t get excited. I prayed he was wrong and in return my wish was granted.
I was actually hoping he was right. I'm probably in the minority in saying this, but I haven't liked most of the FP2 characters or most of the DLC characters in general. The only 2 I liked were Steve and Banjo. Those 2 inclusions really appealed to me, and while I enjoyed the gameplay of the rest of the fighters, I didn't really care about the characters that much. I guess I'm just not the type to get overly hyped over characters that I don't care about.

But Master Chief just sounded like such a cool addition to me and I would have been excited if he was actually included.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
one of the third parties that still has a strong selection of characters that hasn't returned in this pass (Sega, Capcom, Konami)
This is still where I'm at personally, without any strong opinion on who that character will be. But I think Capcom and Konami are at least worth humoring again after Namco's costume situation and Sega's absence altogether still strikes me as odd.

As far as first parties go, I still just struggle to find a candidate that feels viable without taking a risk on something obviously volatile like an AT promotion. Most of the big-ticket games for Switch this year either have their main characters in Smash already or are third party.

I do consider Phoenix to be one of the stronger candidates. Most other competition within Capcom seems unrealistic whether it's because of Kazuya (any fighting game character) or through the presence of existing content (Monster Hunter, DMC, arguably Resident Evil... although I'm willing to humor it) and Phoenix is looking to have a pretty good couple years ahead of him.

My concern remains the creativity, or lack thereof, within corporate Nintendo boardrooms deciding which characters are going to be playable. It's a weak reason to count Phoenix out altogether, but it's something that I still worry about when discussing more abstract (non)fighters like Phoenix or Arle who don't have the liberty of being from Minecraft.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I was actually hoping he was right. I'm probably in the minority in saying this, but I haven't liked most of the FP2 characters or most of the DLC characters in general. The only 2 I liked were Steve and Banjo. Those 2 inclusions really appealed to me, and while I enjoyed the gameplay of the rest of the fighters, I didn't really care about the characters that much. I guess I'm just not the type to get overly hyped over characters that I don't care about.

But Master Chief just sounded like such a cool addition to me and I would have been excited if he was actually included.
i’m kinda like you in a way with the only difference being I personally didn’t want master chief. I didn’t hate pass 2 but I didn’t particularly like it.

I didn’t know any of the characters apart from Steve which I enjoyed his announcement so when vergeben came out and said master chief was next at e3 I was kinda disappointed because I couldn’t stand the thought of a third party company getting 2 reps and it wasn’t a character a particularly knew.

obviously tekken music then kicked in, I recognised it because I’ve played tekken before and got relatively hyped for kazuya because it was a tekken rep and hadn’t leaked

7NATOR

Smash Master
Waiting for 7NATOR’s essay on the color purple now
There's not much for me to add

In regards to Shadow, in the same way that Sephiroth is like a Darkened version of Cloud's Background color, Shadow Color Scheme (Black and Red) when mixed with Sonic's Color either lend to a Dark Blue Color, or a Magenta, purple like color, which would fit with this Purple theory people got spreading around

Theguy123

Smash Lord
As far as first parties go, I still just struggle to find a candidate that feels viable without taking a risk on something obviously volatile like an AT promotion. Most of the big-ticket games for Switch this year either have their main characters in Smash already or are third party.
king boo or E gadd. Luigi Mansion 3 didn’t get a spirit event and the Lm3 alone has sold 10 mill so far. I’d think E gad or king boo warrants a spot on the roster

MattX20

Smash Hero

I think Phoenix has a decent shot as well. I'd be perfectly happy with him as our last fighter, plus the awesome music that would come with him

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Boxboy
King Boo
Phoenix Wright
Octoling

it’s definitely one of these characters mark my words
Thats a funny way of spelling professor Layton. All jokes aside though I hope king boo gets in if it’s not Layton or shadow. I personally believe that either shadow, king boo or Layton will be the final spot.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
I feel kinda sad the color thing was just a coincidence.
Quite an incredible one. What are the odds of every page on the NZ e-shop having names of colours that closely resemble one fighter's background colour each, and the number of these matching the number of total fighters in FP2? Almost seems like a speculation trap.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Despite the datamined colour being a false alarm, there's still a pattern that suggests CP11 will have a purple background:
unknown_2021.08.22-22.45.png

On this 3x4 table of all the DLC fighters on the official website, characters vertically opposite each other have strikingly similar background colours, leaving Hero's purple without a FP2 counterpart yet. As dumb as this trend sounds, and as much as I'd normally dismiss it, people have noticed it since Steve's reveal and have seen it become a more legitimate possibility.

It also helps that a few of the more heavily discussed characters in speculation nowadays (namely Nahobino, Frisk and Octoling) would fit a purple background quite well. As stated before, however, the choices of background colour for the last three characters don't correspond too much to the characters themselves or their designs, and it would've been extremely hard to predict these characters based on only their background colours.

Side note: I was going to jokingly censor the name Nahobino as if it were a swear word, but that would've looked too similar to a certain racist slur.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I think we've learned that theories that make Zero sense can come up with weird results, right guys?
Eh, it made sense.

A website updating its info early in the source code in prep for upcoming data is something that happens all the time.

Just, no one checked as to if every page had that color as well.

And, why does every page have that color?

The world may never know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom