• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Me when I see a League mention in this thread:

Not the Champion we wanted, but most certainly the one we deserve. Polymorph is gonna be fuuuuuuun.

So... League of Legends or Team Fortress, then? :4pacman:
…at least it’s not Karthus

cries in the 20+ ARAM matches I lost cuz of an enemy Karthus

you think Teemo and Yasuo are bad? You haven’t known TRUE TERROR

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
So, now that it turns out the purple stuff was nothing, there's something someone (I can't remember who) said a while ago that I don't think ever got answered.

Since the game doesn't update for spirit events, presumably the event spirits would be in the game's files from the update before they release. So why hasn't anybody datamined them yet to narrow things down? Is there something preventing this, or have people just not thought to do it?

Not that it matters much now since this'll all end any day now.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Why even the NZ site specifically? Were people really going to these websites by region to check it, or is the original poster just from New Zealand? If it's replicable on the NA or JPN site, then I'd say the Judd dude is more than likely spittin facts.
That wouldn't help the case, because the same SDK could've been used for all eShops. Just the fact that this is not part of Nintendo's content delivery network (which you can see when you look at the source of the site) and it appeared on games that had nothing to do with Smash is enough to close the case on it

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be that guy, but someone gotta control the rails of Smash Speculation before it blows up on their faces.

So this code mentioned here belongs to a file that can still be found on the eShop called td.min.js, which is part of a SDK (Software Development Kit) used by the eShop. This file is not exclusive to the Smash pages, you can also find it in any of the DLC pages by inspecting the page (for example, I looked at the Blazblue DLC page here and it still was there, with no differences. Link here: https://ec.nintendo.com/NZ/en/aocs/70050000018001), clicking sources and looking for cdn.treasuredata.com. There, you'll find the file which has the mention of these six colors and they are the exact same ones.

The reason people fell for this is because the colors sounded too similar to the ones used by the pass, but this is nothing more than a coincidence because:
  1. This belongs to a single SDK file that is used by the entire eShop, not just the Smash pages
  2. The eShop uses PNGs, so no hard coded color would be there. Not only that, but all pages use a gold background which has nothing to do with Smash's website
returns to lurking
Those aren’t the same colors though.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I just don't know who could fit with purple if the character was not actually purple. Purple is just such a weird color, I feel like they wouldn't use it for a non purple character.
just like how kazuya isn’t red but has a red background and no the gloves don’t count

or just like how Terry’s background is blue even though he’s got no blue on him

or how byleth is green when they have no green on them

or how sephiroth‘a is a greyish black when he’s neither of those.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That wouldn't help the case, because the same SDK could've been used for all eShops. Just the fact that this is not part of Nintendo's content delivery network (which you can see when you look at the source of the site) and it appeared on games that had nothing to do with Smash is enough to close the case on it
Alright, alright, I get it bro, I kneel.

1629664018574.png

Don't have to drive me in with a stake.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
So, now that it turns out the purple stuff was nothing, there's something someone (I can't remember who) said a while ago that I don't think ever got answered.

Since the game doesn't update for spirit events, presumably the event spirits would be in the game's files from the update before they release. So why hasn't anybody datamined them yet to narrow things down? Is there something preventing this, or have people just not thought to do it?

I think they deliver those server-side, that's why you don't find references in the code about it. I think they started doing this after Hero's spirits leaked.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord

I have no clue because I am not a computer man but I'll throw a theory out there that maybe it's just encrypted? Usually no data in a game is encrypted cuz well, you the buyer own the game and the devs don't care if you sift through their code; they got their money already. But sometimes stuff is encrypted, like in downloadable demos or something. And dataminers are not hackers so they can't get past that.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And you say this because you've actually checked them all and confirmed this, right? :p If we are entertaining this idea, then we should come to understand that there must be some outliers. Like did you know Samus and Dark Samus have the same color? Outliers as a reason beat "It must be in Sephiroth's eyes".
I had looked at them before, but on another inspection it does seem that I wrote it off too quickly. For example, Roy's is green, which I initially didn't think made sense, but it actually is on his hilt.

So I guess you're right, there are some outliers. Sephiroth's is still his eye color though.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also Regarding Sephiroth, Sephiroth is usually referred to Cloud's Darker Half, especially when the Kingdom Hearts games are concerned, and his Background color is actually Cloud's Background color if you add Black to it

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I've played League of Legends and...

VEIGAR IS BROKEN FOR A MID-TIER.
Nothing beats playing Veigar top, getting a lot of stacks because the enemy Champion is melee and can't fight back mages in lane, then ganking other lanes and getting so fed, E > W > Q kills anything except tanks. :roll:

Ngl, getting fed as mage champs is one of the best feelings I've experienced in League.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So while I'm here and this purple thing has blown over, what's the community talking about these days anyway?

I feel like nothing has come up to change or shake up anything so my assumption has been that Smash speculation stagnated hard and is pretty much the same as it was pre-Kazuya. Are there any new characters that pop up more often than they used to or any popular theories or anything?

Not that I need an excuse to get back into talking about Smash daily... it's been pretty nice not having that distraction.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
just like how kazuya isn’t red but has a red background and no the gloves don’t count

or just like how Terry’s background is blue even though he’s got no blue on him

or how byleth is green when they have no green on them

or how sephiroth‘a is a greyish black when he’s neither of those.
"This example does not count because it makes my argument look bad" isn't especially convincing, especially as Terry does indeed wear blue

Noipoi

Howdy!
So while I'm here and this purple thing has blown over, what's the community talking about these days anyway?

I feel like nothing has come up to change or shake up anything so my assumption has been that Smash speculation stagnated hard and is pretty much the same as it was pre-Kazuya. Are there any new characters that pop up more often than they used to or any popular theories or anything?

Not that I need an excuse to get back into talking about Smash daily... it's been pretty nice not having that distraction.
From what I can tell?

It’s been the same ol same ol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Same energy as the Baboom win comments a long while back.
On that subject: Are there people still thinking Gen 8 is getting in? Haven't heard people suggesting it since maybe Pyra/Mythra.

Last edited:

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
I knew you wouldn't go down without a fight, world's #1 Nahobino fan. :4pacman:
They aren’t though.

Only the Smash dlc matches the colors mentioned in the Gamefaqs thread.

There is no green and yet there are two shades of green mentioned in the thread from the site.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So we ran up to this purple thing thinking it was genuinely something for the first time in forever, something solid to chew on, only to be told that it was "doing nothing, now get outta here".

Doing Nothing.png

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT GIVING ME ANYTHING!"

"For not giving you anything?"

"Uhhh... noooooooooooooo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom