• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hate to do this but for everyone still clinging onto theories about Gen 8 Pokemon for dear life, Toxtricity fits the bill as well.

As far as Pokemon goes that would be one of my better case scenarios, so I wouldn't be too upset. Admittedly my expectations are already pretty nonexistent so it's gonna be hard to disappoint me too hard at this rate.
I like Toxtricity so I wouldn't mind this tbh

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Do you believe the same applies for Cloud? That their standard look is too bland and they have absolutely no other choice but to stare deep into their beautiful eyes for inspiration? :4pacman: or maybe it's the ff7 logo
No because the trend only applies to the DLC characters. Also his eyes are a different color.

Red and Blue huh...

Damn, can't believe it Nelson, you're advocating for Master Chief
Red + Blue = Green.

I find no problems with this. :4pacman:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be that guy, but someone gotta control the rails of Smash Speculation before it blows up on their faces.

So this code mentioned here belongs to a file that can still be found on the eShop called td.min.js, which is part of a SDK (Software Development Kit) used by the eShop. This file is not exclusive to the Smash pages, you can also find it in any of the DLC pages by inspecting the page (for example, I looked at the Blazblue DLC page here and it still was there, with no differences. Link here: https://ec.nintendo.com/NZ/en/aocs/70050000018001), clicking sources and looking for cdn.treasuredata.com. There, you'll find the file which has the mention of these six colors and they are the exact same ones.

The reason people fell for this is because the colors sounded too similar to the ones used by the pass, but this is nothing more than a coincidence because:
  1. This belongs to a single SDK file that is used by the entire eShop, not just the Smash pages
  2. The eShop uses PNGs, so no hard coded color would be there. Not only that, but all pages use a gold background which has nothing to do with Smash's website
returns to lurking

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It's actually gonna be David Tennant because he played Purple Man in Jessica Jones

Purple Man would just tell everyone to jump off a cliff and he'd win due to his powers. He's OP. He can't come... unless they really do bring him back with Charlie Cox Daredevil and Krysten Ritter Jessica Jones in She-Hulk and No Way Home or Echo or whatever then he could be an early promo character hahaha.

Shroob

Sup?
I hate to be that guy, but someone gotta control the rails of Smash Speculation before it blows up on their faces.

So this code mentioned here belongs to a file that can still be found on the eShop called td.min.js, which is part of a SDK (Software Development Kit) used by the eShop. This file is not exclusive to the Smash pages, you can also find it in any of the DLC pages by inspecting the page (for example, I looked at the Blazblue DLC page here and it still was there, with no differences. Link here: https://ec.nintendo.com/NZ/en/aocs/70050000018001), clicking sources and looking for cdn.treasuredata.com. There, you'll find the file which has the mention of these six colors and they are the exact same ones.

The reason people fell for this is because the colors sounded too similar to the ones used by the pass, but this is nothing more than a coincidence because:
  1. This belongs to a single SDK file that is used by the entire eShop, not just the Smash pages
  2. The eShop uses PNGs, so no hard coded color would be there. Not only that, but all pages use a gold background which has nothing to do with Smash's website
So, this was all blown out of proportion then huh?

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Everyone's saying that it's gonna be Funny No-Limbs Man, Funny Wah Man, or Psychopath Child, but there are plenty of WTF characters it could be. And as a reminder, pink is a mix of violet, which is a shade of purple :4pacman:

You've got funny rhythm child...

Despair Lady...

A worse character choice than Cringe-Assbino... (Tbh, I don't think Nahobino is all that bad)

A BETTER character choice than Cringe-Assbino

Funny Jester Man...

Funny Jester Man No. 2...

And a terrible character choice.

Keep an open mind! It could very well be one of these ****ty characters!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys I've just cracked the code, purple? CP11 is Minamimoto

Reject Neku, embrace crazy math guy
Oh god Sho's even got a purple aura in NEO when he shows off in like day 3. Also, people call Waluigi the purple meme pick but Sho zetta Minamimoto?
1810614853-Sho_Minamimoto_Wallpaper_by_V_chan10.jpg

The TRUE meme pick for Smash

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Everyone's saying that it's gonna be Funny No-Limbs Man, Funny Wah Man, or Psychopath Child, but there are plenty of WTF characters it could be. And as a reminder, pink is a mix of violet, which is a shade of purple :4pacman:

You've got funny rhythm child...

Despair Lady...

A worse character choice than Cringe-Assbino... (Tbh, I don't think Nahobino is all that bad)

A BETTER character choice than Cringe-Assbino

Funny Jester Man...

Funny Jester Man No. 2...

And a terrible character choice.

Keep an open mind! It could very well be one of these ****ty characters!
And then you've got someone who's name LITERALLY TRANSLATES TO - and I am NOT making this up - "Wind".
Rera (Samurai Shodown V).png

I am serious about this.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

returns to lurking
Ah OK thanks for clearing that up.

So, this was all blown out of proportion then huh?
Nah just misunderstood. Which...also happens a lot.

Back to our regularly scheduled nothing once the memes die down.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Untitled.png

Here's the actual set of colors for DLC so far. Some of these feel thematic, while others just look like they match certain color aspects, but the corresponding color to the character is more-or-less jaded or dull.
No because the trend only applies to the DLC characters.
And you say this because you've actually checked them all and confirmed this, right? :p If we are entertaining this idea, then we should come to understand that there must be some outliers. Like did you know Samus and Dark Samus have the same color? Outliers as a reason beat "It must be in Sephiroth's eyes".

edit: damn funs over

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

returns to lurking
Well, there goes that...

Super Monkey Ball speculation is more interesting anyways. :4pacman:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I don't check this thread for one day and it turns out to be the best day I could have missed lol. Anyways I love leaks like this, just little hints that whet the mind instead of outright spoiling us on everything. Much discussion to be had about PURPLE I'm sure, and it'll be so hilarious in hindsight when the final reveal does happen and the fighter just has a purple belt buckle or something,

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Wait, we’ve spent all this time meming. The thread was jokingly shut down. Purple has become the talking point of speculation for the past 10 pages or so.

And it was all a misunderstanding?
View attachment 327333
Pretty much, yeah.

Well, time to switch back to Garnet!
Rera - ''But tell me anytime if you change your mind.''.jpg

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Eh I'm not sure I believe MrJudd outright just yet. The colors matching all of the previous FP2 fighters almost perfectly feels like too much of a coincidence. But if a second opinion of someone who knows their way around web code can corroborate them then yeah I'll admit to falling for the whole bit lol, oh well

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Eh I'm not sure I believe MrJudd outright just yet. The colors matching all of the previous FP2 fighters almost perfectly feels like too much of a coincidence. But if a second opinion of someone who knows their way around web code can corroborate them then yeah I'll admit to falling for the whole bit lol, oh well
The thing is that all you need to do to prove this is just grab any DLC page for any game and follow the step by step I just mentioned on the post.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, it's not hard to replicate.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
In the words of a character from League of Legends that is sadly burned into my brain as I regret wasting 5 years of my life playing...

"Yep, that tasted purple."
Me when I see a League mention in this thread:

Not the Champion we wanted, but most certainly the one we deserve. Polymorph is gonna be fuuuuuuun.

Could they have chosen purple because it's what you get when you mix red and blue? Because Lucas' page is orange, which is what happens when you mix red and yellow.
So... League of Legends or Team Fortress, then? :4pacman:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why even the NZ site specifically? Were people really going to these websites by region to check it, or is the original poster just from New Zealand? If it's replicable on the NA or JPN site, then I'd say the Judd dude is more than likely spittin facts.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
The thing is that all you need to do to prove this is just grab any DLC page for any game and follow the step by step I just mentioned on the post.
fair enough. I guess i should thank you for doing this within the hour and not after a week! That would have been diastrous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom