• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Advancement of Metagame thread |Updated Random ideas 10/28/10!!!

Tujex

Smash Ace
It all depends on what your habit it is, and if you can catch it before your opponents have a chance to punish you.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It all depends on what your habit it is, and if you can catch it before your opponents have a chance to punish you.
Exactly.

--------------------------------------------------
You guys know how when we are charging our punch and we can simply tilt the control stick to do a dodge roll instead of pressing the shield button also right?
Apply that to glide tossing...while you're holding and item and swinging your arm around, just tilt the control stick and C-stick and there you go :). MINDGAMES!

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Holy... I need to re-visit that move. I don't know if its disjointed per say (I think DK's arms swing by there) but at the very least, the move has more range than I originally thought. I'll look into it. I love "big applause!" even more now. :)
Not a surprise, I've done that before too...
you got Pikachu at the tip of the hitbox. It wasn't disjointed, good job though.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Agreed Rag. Whenever I try to punish with dsmash it gets powershielded, probably because I wait a wee bit too long to drop shield or something. Wish I could record any of my games so I could see what y'all think.

daisho

Smash Lord
Agreed Rag. Whenever I try to punish with dsmash it gets powershielded, probably because I wait a wee bit too long to drop shield or something. Wish I could record any of my games so I could see what y'all think.
You don't have a digital camera or anything? Thats what I use and the quality isn't great, but its not terrible or anything.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
You don't have a digital camera or anything? Thats what I use and the quality isn't great, but its not terrible or anything.
Yeah I've got a digital camera, but filming drains the batteries like NUTS. Probably because it's old, maybe I'll try it out some time though... Not sure why I didn't think of that? Thank you though :)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I think it is possible to do first jab into down smash when the jab pulls the opponent. Also, I think that short hop cargo grab release into utilt may work. I don't have my Wii today so I can't test those. These probably are old since I've only been playing DK for a little while.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I think it is possible to do first jab into down smash when the jab pulls the opponent. Also, I think that short hop cargo grab release into utilt may work. I don't have my Wii today so I can't test those. These probably are old since I've only been playing DK for a little while.
Short hop cargo grab release?

Really?

When your in the air and the other char. is air released do they receive more lag?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Short hop cargo grab release?

Really?

When your in the air and the other char. is air released do they receive more lag?
Nah it doesn't work like that. They could air dodge and also jump away before your Utilt hits. If they are at just the right height they will land into your Utilt during their air dodge though.

It would work on Ness and Lucas but you don't need to short hop for that anyway.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Nah it doesn't work like that. They could air dodge and also jump away before your Utilt hits. If they are at just the right height they will land into your Utilt during their air dodge though.

It would work on Ness and Lucas but you don't need to short hop for that anyway.
If I remember well, it looked like he tried to jump but got hit before he was far enough. My opponent probably just wasn't waiting for me to do that then. I was trying random things today. :p

Drizzt6195

Smash Apprentice
And jab cancel Dsmash doesnt work btw I already tried it (as well as jab >turn around > jump > Bair)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Jab to down smash does work around 100 percent or so.

You have to make sure to hit them with the tip of the fist so that it pulls them into DK's body.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I've been getting a lot of kills by doing dtilt/ftilt then jab->down smash. People usually try to punish if they block the tilt but depending on what they use to punish, the jab interrupts.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
@ Beef - During a jab lock you can either follow up with another jab until about 30 percent, or you can side b, or you can smash, or pauwnch. Which ever floats your boat. ;)

@ Ruuku - Ill have to start doing that.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
You can actually start a jab lock until like 90% with fresh jabs. Stale jabs can start the lock even later. The trick is not to hit with the tip of your jab. Tipper jabs can't start jab locks and break the lock at all %'s. If you want details you should check what is in the first post.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
We need to figure out a way to work jab locks into our game.

jab lock -> force get up -> Sakurai combo

it's too good.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Really Big O?

I was messing around with the jab lock on luigis mansion. I would cargo up throw and that would start the lock. But when every time i tried it would stop around 30 %.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
What do you mean by stop? Do you mean ending the lock or not locking on the first jab? I thought for a long time DK couldn't jab lock but it just ended up being me not doing it fast enough and doing tipper jabs randomly which messes it up. Some characters are harder to jab lock because for some reason they get hit with the tipper jab at random distances. Sometimes it is better to just go for the Dtilt since you don't have to worry about tippers ruining the lock.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Hmmm ill have to retest with the down tilt then.

What i mean though, was at around 30% the jab will make them stand up. I know im not hitting with the tip either because i move forward so im basically touching them when i jab each time.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Okay kiddies I got something pretty hot off the presses that Well I have to say I've thought up.

You all know how GSFC works, at least the basics, okay well I believe I've got a full character roster infinite. How you might ask? Well how about GSFC heabutt lock. Since they can't do anything after getting hit then why not keep GSFcing them right when they pop out of the headbutt?

I've been practicing it for a few days and get ready to see some insane **** if I can get this down.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Okay kiddies I got something pretty hot off the presses that Well I have to say I've thought up.

You all know how GSFC works, at least the basics, okay well I believe I've got a full character roster infinite. How you might ask? Well how about GSFC heabutt lock. Since they can't do anything after getting hit then why not keep GSFcing them right when they pop out of the headbutt?

I've been practicing it for a few days and get ready to see some insane **** if I can get this down.
yeah, that also means how fast someone can/will break out at every single %. wayyyy too hard

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
^ that would be very, very hard, since the person in the pitfall can button mash to come out of it faster. so you would have to have incredible reaction speed. but I'm am still intrigued by what your conclusions are on it.

anyways, i was wondering if anyone ever uses reverse-jump-cancelled-up-B's? hitting with the back of the up-B usually does a solid 10%, and if they shield it you can DI very far away since you are facing the other direction. and if they roll on the other side of you they get wrecked. the worst that could happen is they predict it and hit you out of the up-B with a projectile.

also, if they chase the RJC Up-B you can get a surprising momentum boost by immediately using an up-B in the opposite direction. this has proved pretty useful in my experience, does anyone have any further input on disadvantages/advantages of this?

additionally, can anyone verify that there is any use to using Up-B then cancelling it on the ledge immediately (at the same speed as ledge hugging). i havent tested it really, i just thought it *could* be useful.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
You can't footstool someone when they break out of pitfall stun. By the time you can they can hit you or do whatever and since they are mashing buttons chances are they won't get footstool out of whatever move they mashed. You will just jump really high.

Ledge hugging the normal way is a tiny bit faster than using up b to ledge hug.

Hmmm ill have to retest with the down tilt then.

What i mean though, was at around 30% the jab will make them stand up. I know im not hitting with the tip either because i move forward so im basically touching them when i jab each time.
Well some characters get hit with the tipper jab really close while they are lying down so that's probably why you messed up. I think for some you just can't be too close. The jab doesn't make them stand up until like 90% unless it is a tipper jab.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Well like i said i really have to try this out. If i can get this to work, it will make Mansion yet again more broken for DK.

daisho

Smash Lord
Up B after hitting two walls trick... lingering hitboxes... no spam because of pillars... Jab Lock... Live forever... DK likes the mansion.

Top Bottom