• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Advancement of Metagame thread |Updated Random ideas 10/28/10!!!

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it works after you bounce off the ground but it's easy on mansion because you normally bounce off the ceiling then ground.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Okay kiddies I got something pretty hot off the presses that Well I have to say I've thought up.

You all know how GSFC works, at least the basics, okay well I believe I've got a full character roster infinite. How you might ask? Well how about GSFC heabutt lock. Since they can't do anything after getting hit then why not keep GSFcing them right when they pop out of the headbutt?

I've been practicing it for a few days and get ready to see some insane **** if I can get this down.
headbutt doesn't ground people when they air break >.>

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ Exactly what i was thinking.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
u DKs should work on extending UpB superarmor by running off edges at the right time. i know we all know..but just in case (lol)...its really useful for going out to edgeguard into an edgehog if u dont normally have enough time for a regular edgehog. The superarmor really helps in cutting through recoveries, stealing the edge, and either hogging them, or forcing them above, for a free hit.

go to Stage Builder, and just make a small flat stage, w/ spikes under both edges. Practice it..if u do it right, and UpB off the edge, you should be able to slowly fall onto the spikes, take the damage (but with no knockback) and pull out your shield (or taunt, lawl) still in superarmor.
i think this is a situational tactic, thats still useful and neglected.

Luigi player

Smash Master
But you have to be very careful with it. Most characters want to recover either from below or very high, so this won't be really that useful... and if they recover from below it's really risky if they get the ledge before you.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking since there are so many awesome DK players in this thread we could maybe discuss some good ledge options? against characters who aren't apt to gimp me i like to ledgehop back away from the stage and up-B to land on the stage with a lagless ending... it tends to result in me not being hit and putting the opponent in a more vulnerable situation if they try to edgeguard. i also sometimes ledgehop an Uair to hit an unsuspecting opponent, but this is rarely a good idea i find. the ledgehop SA punch is definately my favourite, it rocks so hard, and similarly ledghop> headbutt has its uses. what other options are worth mentioning?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
go to Stage Builder, and just make a small flat stage, w/ spikes under both edges. Practice it..if u do it right, and UpB off the edge, you should be able to slowly fall onto the spikes, take the damage (but with no knockback) and pull out your shield (or taunt, lawl) still in superarmor.
Wait can you explain that again? Once you up B off the edge, the super armor frames will go away right? I don't get it...

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Wait can you explain that again? Once you up B off the edge, the super armor frames will go away right? I don't get it...
Sorta. Normally it's only a few frames... but if you leave the ground during those frames, you keep it throughout the entire up-B. At least that's how I believe it works? I do know that you need to leave the ground relatively quick after starting your up-b, so you have to start it near an edge.

Pretty sure what platform it is doesn't matter, just that you go from ground to air during the proper frames.

Hope that helps :p

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Sorta. Normally it's only a few frames... but if you leave the ground during those frames, you keep it throughout the entire up-B.
Pretty sure what platform it is doesn't matter, just that you go from ground to air during the proper frames.

Hope that helps :p
Yeah that part helped thanks bro!
Yeah his animation changes to air form..alright.
I'll check the third advanced technique too.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
In one of my earlier posts, I forgot to say that tipped jab->Utilt also works like tipped jab->down smash. It can also kill.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
HELP NEEDED

i recorded a short vid, using a custom stage, demonstrating how to easily practice Superarmoring UpB off stage to edgeguard/hog and how u can either go for the edge or return on top.
i saved it on my wii, but i dont have any means of putting it online.
will someone volunteer to recive this vid via wifi friend code, and put it on youtube? i dont care if its dazzle or a ****ty camera...it would just be nice to have for DKs to watch and understand it better.

mine is 4768-7108-0461
AIM: TheCyphus

the vid doesn't even show it in actual use, but it shows how easily it can be done and how to practice it-knowing whether you did it right or not.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Cyphus. I didnt know you wouldnt mind the vid being recorded through a camera. If you want just send it to me and ill record it with my camera.

My wii code and Brawl code are under my name. You need both if i remember correctly to send videos.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
my wii code is: 8890 1298 6838 3879
friend code: 4768-7108-0461

i added you wii and FC
i tried sending it, but ur name wouldn't show up. i dont think its registered us together yet. maybe get on brawl wifi and see if my avator and stuff pops up, that way it should have our data synched, and i'll try again after.

the vid is nothing fancy, just a 20 second clip of me upbing into spikes while invulnerable, but it'l lbe alot easier for people to understand what it is by watching, then through explanation.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Cyphus I could do it for you. It would also give me a reason to actually record more stuff for my combo video which I've been neglecting for far too long.

edit: I just added both your codes so whenever you want to just add mine which are underneath my location and then send it my way. (really I'm only doing this because I can't wait for the blue wii light to happen:laugh:)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
My wii wasent connected to the internet for some reason. But it seems Rag and Crifer are willing to help you out. They probably have better methods of recording with better quality.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You have to wait 7 frames for it to count to freshen more moves. :( Otherwise you only freshen up 1 slot... which would turn it into 1 pummel every 15-20% rather then 10% if you give it a slight pause between the pummels.

But say hello to guarenteed extra % ;) now you guys have no excuse to not pummel.

(Note: Grabbing them at 60 and pummeling them to 70 does not give you 1 extra pummel....

I only went up to 70%, but here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240662

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I was unaware of that. So basically don't pummel as rapidly as possible to freshen up your moves. Does that take into account them trying to mash out? oh nvm you ninja edited me, I'll check your thread. that's nice you did DK first. thanks.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
You have to wait 7 frames for it to count to freshen more moves. :( Otherwise you only freshen up 1 slot... which would turn it into 1 pummel every 15-20% rather then 10% if you give it a slight pause between the pummels.
Sooo, question! Is that a universal rule about the 7 frames? Or is there somewhere I could find how things get refreshed and such?

daisho

Smash Lord
wait... we can pummel 7 times at 70%????? That seems a little off.

Does it go higher after 70? Like at 150 can we do 15 pummels?

Luigi player

Smash Master
wait... we can pummel 7 times at 70%????? That seems a little off.

Does it go higher after 70? Like at 150 can we do 15 pummels?
lol, there really seems to be a mistake. It would make more sense if it's 7 pummels if the enemy doesn't try to get out...

Top Bottom