• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Advancement of Metagame thread |Updated Random ideas 10/28/10!!!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Ahaha, oh wow that's cool. Nice find.

I mean it's bowser, but take what you can get lol.

Neon!

Smash Lord
just a random thought for you guys, whenever our opponent is shielding on the platform above us most kongs will just uair, utilt, usmash or bair. Now thats all fine and dandy but consider this: If his shield is even slightly weakened I would go for side-b, I found out recently that this works, a lot. Especially if theyre within uair kill percentage and hold shield the entire time. I just think this needs to be used more often.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I've always wanted to do that but there's no better feeling than knocking someone off that platform with u-smash or something and then smacking them as they fall over. And I'm afraid of side-b's vertical reach. I wouldn't try this versus someone like Snake, they'll probably just u-tilt you for it =r.

Also another option for people shielding on the platform is short hop giant punch. It's REALLY scary stuff if you're willing to throw away your charge. It covers the entire platform, does a lot of shield damage and has super low cool down so you can actually follow up and hit their shield again or hit them as they fall down. Someone play around with this, I haven't gotten much chance to play lately.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I always just go for up-b because it'll shield poke

Neon!

Smash Lord
Up-b is great for shield poking but can be punished while knocking them off is only good if their faced backwards.
The setup for hitting with side-b usually involves shorthopping to scare them with uair and then quickly
DJ-side-b, as i said this will work much better if they are within kill percent of uair and have a slightly damaged shield/hold their shield too long in fear.

Top Bottom