• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Mirror & Azn Lep Presents: Arcadian II *Date Set: Oct. 2nd*

DJMirror

Smash Master
Side bets?

I got my $3 that SD is gotta take this.

any takers?

949 - Irvine, Mission Viejo, Laguna Nigel, Lake Forest & Aliso Viejo.

909 - Riverside, Corona, Claremont, Pomona & Diamond Bar.

818 - Burbank, Glendale, Los Angeles, Hollywood & Culver City.

805 - Oxnard, Santa Barbara, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks & Chatsworth.

619 - San Diego, Oceanside, & Chula Vista
DJ Mirror - $3

DJMirror

Smash Master
so are we gonna get crews up in this ***** too?
I would but sadly there's not enough people from each area. We have to combine some area (Example: 909 with 949 or 818 with 805 etc) because easily SD have a stacked crew at home so yeah. If there is enough time, I think we can do it if not next time.

Jun.

Smash Lord
I think SD would be confident that we could crew against irvine with no PR and past PR. So no pnoy

Adam M!

Smash Lord
That!

This is a failed tournament if a ranked player makes it to semis! I would like to see people like Fiction,Westballz, Bizzarroflame, and LittleFumi up there!
there's little difference between any of those players u mentioned and the ranked players imo

DJMirror

Smash Master
Just a friendly reminder....

Please bring setups!!! The more setups we have, the faster and smoother the tournament will be! I dont wanna make it like the one UCSD Triweeklies where there's only 4 setups and people couldn't warm up! SD Step it up!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
well the absolute minimum number of setups we'll have is 5, provided people bring cubes. we have at least 5 tvs in the lodge already

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Someone brought this up in another thread, but initially, the entrants is charged a venue fee. After they make it out of pools, charge them the entry fee. This way, new players won't feel as discouraged since I know most people would never enter a tournament that they will be guaranteed to be eliminated during pools. :( If this idea is already too late to implement, then this idea can be tried out for the next Arcadian tournament.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Someone brought this up in another thread, but initially, the entrants is charged a venue fee. After they make it out of pools, charge them the entry fee. This way, new players won't feel as discouraged since I know most people would never enter a tournament that they will be guaranteed to be eliminated during pools. :( If this idea is already too late to implement, then this idea can be tried out for the next Arcadian tournament.
so you're saying every single person in tournament, even the ones who take last in pools, expect to get out of pools? if everything had a mindset like that, everyone would ***** out on the tournys

is that avatar of lovage? it's so ****ing weird..

It's ******* 2 bucks.
LOL this should just answer everything

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Killa plz meet up with Ky somehow and train that kid. He's a UCSD player who improved really fast! I want him to shock some people when he comes back to school

btw where in Riverside do you live? I used to live in Riverside for the longest time and wasn't sure about the smashers there.
i live right next to knives... basically 1 street away from ucr

DJMirror

Smash Master
Thank you for giving me ideas and such, but I think after changing the rank rules, taking out late fee and such is good enough. You're paying $5 to play pools in singles. With doubles the person only have to pay an extra $2 to enter with a friend (who has to $2 as well) so just for 1 person to enter both events is just $7. I took out the late fee because I notice that people will be late because of summer school finals and such. I'm not going to charge people for trying to focus on school and for being late.

KFC if you make it, I'll have a KFC TV just for you so people can play you and you don't have to get off that tv (unless I need it for tournament of course)

My format will be like this:

(This is just a what if situation) So say we have 80 people:

Pools (top whatever makes it out depending on the size of the tournament.)
Brackets Round 1: Arcadians vs Arcadians
Brackets Round 2: Arcadians vs Spartan (Rank players)

my goal is to get 45-50 people entering this tournament and making sure that no Spartans enter Semis (This is the hard part)

After Arcadian 2, I will not host this kind of tournament again.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
You should talk to Ben about hosting another tournament. Hopefully the incident at his last tournament isn't still preventing him from using the same venue.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I understand catering to the "Arcadians", but that doesn't mean it should be a priority to give "Spartans" such a disadvantage, where it's impossible for them to make it far. Handicaps are good for sure, but making it a goal to keep the "Spartans" from getting to semis kinda defeats the purpose imo. The "Arcadians" still gotta fight for it!

Anyways, I'd say limiting any ranked, or previously ranked players to low tier (maybe mid tier for previously ranked) is more than enough. I'd say keep it strictly to ranked / previously ranked too because this tournament is supposed to encourage the up and coming like Fiction, Bizzaro etc right? No need to impose random limitations.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
nah the idea wasn't to ensure ranked players wouldn't make it semis. merely to hope that finals wouldn't come down to 2 ranked players at an event for unranked players. the whole reason why ranked people are allowed to enter at all (aside from they wanna play too) is so that the arcadians can have common enemies through out the bracket. No one is gonna root for say, Alex19 or Kira if they're playing Littlefumi or Bizzaro.

the idea is to give the underdog a fighting chance every time a worthy arcadian plays a spartan, while still not simply handing them the match. the current ruleset should hopefully level the playing field. If ranked players still win it, well phooey. I'll host another one in the future and tweak the rules. For this time though, I really do think the arcadians can pull it off. They just gotta believe!

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
there are a ton of people that are good that aren't ranked though.

didn't bizzaro like beat a ton of good *** people? he's as good as a ranked player any day

i'm not ranked either... and a ton of good people aren't

sorry if i'm repeating things that's been said in the previous pages. kinda lazy to check

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
arcadians are people who aren't and never have been ranked in any region. so currently bizzaro counts, but this tournament is happening a week after GREV which is also after the PR gets updated, so players like fiction and bizzaro are likely gonna be up there.

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
more i think about it spartans should get maximum restrictions

bottom half of bottom tier: pichu, mewtwo, ness

if any ranked/ previously ranked gets top 4 or better, then the tourneys a failure

-johnny

DJMirror

Smash Master
if any ranked/ previously ranked gets top 4 or better, then the tourneys a failure

-johnny
You don't have to tell me twice.

If this tournament becomes a failure or not, I'll just host another one to fix and change it once again. I decided that I should one more to complete it as a trilogy series.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I'm hoping to finally meet everyone.

Lets MM! =D
(Nice RJ avatar btw. That show raaapes.)
we can MM if you want to but I'll also be happy just playing friendlies with you!

also, people say I look like RJ Berger so that's why he's my avatar. Just find a teenager that looks like him at the tourney and that's me

Top Bottom