• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Mirror & Azn Lep Presents: Arcadian II *Date Set: Oct. 2nd*

Adam M!

Smash Lord
I was making a big thorough post but it just got lost.

Personally speaking, it doesn't bother me if I don't attend this tournament. There will always be others!

But there is a lack of leadership here. There's a lack of FAIRNESS here too.

So you guys have a problem with the subset of good players who are not quite ranked. The problem is that's a LARGE subset! Are you going to limit everyone or are you going to let everyone enter?

I just got through talking with Jason and he said Maple, myself and KFC are good enough to "restrict." So I say, where do you draw the line? What about Bizzarro? What about Fiction? What about Luigi, what about Knivez? He says Fiction's inexperienced and is not good enough yet. I tell him I played Fiction Friday and he took $20 off me in four money matches.

He has no response for that because there IS no response for it! When you let personal bias enter the equation we all end up shafted, some more than others.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I agree with P! There are still many good players out there that can swoop into this tourny and beat the lesser known players!

If it were up to me, I would make EVERY ranked (and previously ranked) player use bottom tier only! I'm talking about players that have been on a pr AT LEAST ONCE in the history of smashboards!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Adam got it in one.

I was going to post the same thing, more or less, but didn't care enough to do so. Jason, the rules of restriction against the unranked players are really stupid.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Jason just didn't want to upset anyone and it was actually updated 20 minutes ago, but we agreed to make a concrete rule set regarding ranked players.

No ranked players (currently or previously) are permitted to use their mains.
Currently ranked players may only use characters from the middle tier or lower.
All previously ranked players are not permitted to use top tier characters.

Regarding the whole Bizarroflame/Fiction/good player that should be raked ordeal. In theory the rankings will be updated/expanded before this tournament. So if those players are ranked by that point, they'll be subject to the ranked player restriction.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
that's fine and dandy, although it wouldn't scream of elitism if the ENTIRE COMMUNITY got to come to this conclusion

that's why i say you need to decide what the tournament is to accomplish. is it for STRICTLY the mediocre players? then what I / pat / kouryuu / miguel / anyone who has ever ranked should not have any say whatsoever; only the opinions of the people we (you) are holding the tournament for should matter.

this is what happens when you overcomplicate things. trying to please both sides ("restricting" ranked players' characters) rarely works.

edit: looks like we can't team sheridan =(

DJMirror

Smash Master
I agree with P! There are still many good players out there that can swoop into this tourny and beat the lesser known players!

If it were up to me, I would make EVERY ranked (and previously ranked) player use bottom tier only! I'm talking about players that have been on a pr AT LEAST ONCE in the history of smashboards!
Adam got it in one.

I was going to post the same thing, more or less, but didn't care enough to do so. Jason, the rules of restriction against the unranked players are really stupid.
Jason just didn't want to upset anyone and it was actually updated 20 minutes ago, but we agreed to make a concrete rule set regarding ranked players.

No ranked players (currently or previously) are permitted to use their mains.
Currently ranked players may only use characters from the middle tier or lower.
All previously ranked players are not permitted to use top tier characters.

Regarding the whole Bizarroflame/Fiction/good player that should be raked ordeal. In theory the rankings will be updated/expanded before this tournament. So if those players are ranked by that point, they'll be subject to the ranked player restriction.
that's fine and dandy, although it wouldn't scream of elitism if the ENTIRE COMMUNITY got to come to this conclusion

that's why i say you need to decide what the tournament is to accomplish. is it for STRICTLY the mediocre players? then what I / pat / kouryuu / miguel / anyone who has ever ranked should not have any say whatsoever; only the opinions of the people we (you) are holding the tournament for should matter.

this is what happens when you overcomplicate things. trying to please both sides ("restricting" ranked players' characters) rarely works.

edit: looks like we can't team sheridan =(
I made a post saying about this. I just updated this a couple minutes ago. I'm currently at work while trying read, type and thinking about it.
I'm sorry for being unclear about certain stuff.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
If it means anything to you Adam, neither you, McCain, Kouryuu, or Miguel influenced this outcome so the elitism thing can be left out. I can definitely be held accountable for the current rule set, but I'm also co-hosting the tournament, so that should be fine. I'm taking care of the down payment/accepting responsibilities for anything that goes down at the tournament.

As far as keeping the arcadians in mind goes, Jason and McCain can probably quote me several times saying something along the lines of "this tournament is NOT being held for the ranked players." From the start of planning I've kept the unranked players as the stars of the tournament. The restrictions are there simply so ranked players aren't going to look at this tournament as free money but may attend and play their mid/low tier characters if they so choose.

I know none of this really needs a detailed explanation, but I figured if one person has questioned in integrity of the tournament in this thread, it's very likely that several others have as well. So, just to clear things up...

DJMirror

Smash Master
Can we please fucking drop this and move the fuck along? I really think we didn't need this kind of problem out here. This is a huge misunderstanding.

Godammit.

I'm going to clear a few things first but I did ask MacD and Connor for their opinion. Yes I have asked the 5 pr players from 949: Kira, PsychoMidget, MacD, Connor and Zhu about this. I only ask their opinions and such. Zhu was nice enough to call and give me his opinion about it while he was fucking driving to nor cal.

I wasn't ask to ban you or anyone else. I never wanted to ban you. I only want to create this tournament to be fair and give everyone a shot to win. Not everyone win something. The one person that was ban was Mango and I (myself) called him up and told he was going to be ban if he plan to attend for singles.

Adam, MacD and Connor are great people. They were not trying to use me or anything. Yeah there are times they were mean and such but most of the times I can't tell if they were just joking or not. Slowly I learn most of the goddamn times they were just joking. If they trying to use me, they would ask me if I can let them team, use high tiers and such.

They respect me by following the rules of the tournament and supporting me for this tournament. Hell they help me out for alot stuff (Too many)
If you think they are at fault for this, don't. I should be the one at fault for making this huge misunderstanding. I failed in my ability to explain stuff to you correctly. Not them. I also failed in my ability to make it clear and readable for other people to know. I know that I didn't speak out or anything because I'm too nice of a guy/didn't care much to do anything.

I didn't mean to let this out of hand and such. I know I'm not that great as a TIO/player but I'm seriously trying to make this fair/fun as I can. I didn't mean to drag Connor and McCain into this, if I knew this was going to happen earlier. I would cancel the tournament on the spot but it's too late now. This will be the last time I'll ever host the Arcadian series again.

The real reason why I hosted Arcadian with Kira because the purpose was not let arcadians do well or win a tournament but the real purpose was to rebuild, revive, improve and reunite the So Cal Melee Smash Community. After ARC 1 (Arcadian 1) *It was a huge hit beside the fire hazard problem.* We had new players like AntoPark, Combofest, Dasu, Brownsheep etc. popping all over So Cal!

I tried really hard defending both side. I said I believe Adam is beatable and I also rethink about Kyle and KFC. I also believe that Adam without a doubt can still ****ing win this tournament. Fiction is not attending as well since it's too far for him. I'm sorry if this a huge misunderstanding.

As for Cameron (PsychoMidget) He's only going Falcon in teams because he's teaming with a Luigi. (Plus double Luigi is a horrible team) He's going all Luigi in singles because he was very serious about maining Luigi. (Look at the last tournament he enter)

I'm sorry. I only have myself to blame for this and for letting this get out of hand.

EDIT: Sorry for the slow reply. I'm at work right now while I'm reading, thinking and typing it out.

Here you guys go.

Back to watching StarCraft 2, The Little One ***** so much.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
thanks for everything guys. i hope everyone has fun at the tournament! i apologized to the individual people that needed apologizing too but i also apologize in general for any ego i injected in the proceedings!

D

Deleted member

probably not going to this

this is a tournament where top 12ranked shouldn't even be allowed. to let ranked people use even mid tiers seems unfair

also some creepy san diego player is gunna stab me if i come i think

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
lol if i come to this, my ness is gonna tap so hard

i did a ****load of training with knives today. he's really improving my ness. mofo is nothing, yall *****es don't know

(totally respect mofo though)

also, if i can convince knives to come to this, he needs to get nerfed hella hard too haha he's probably better than me

Jun.

Smash Lord
Killa plz meet up with Ky somehow and train that kid. He's a UCSD player who improved really fast! I want him to shock some people when he comes back to school

btw where in Riverside do you live? I used to live in Riverside for the longest time and wasn't sure about the smashers there.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Riverside: You have Nima (Puff), SDR (Marth), Sabi (Falco), Abyss (Fox/Ganon) Knivez (Fox/Marth), Dazu (Falco) and Ky (Falcon)

Soon Fiction (Fox)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
gAAHHH i can't wait to get to smash with all the riverside peeps :)

esp. kfc and knivez XD

DJMirror

Smash Master
Does anyone need a partner?

Kira said he's going to use Ganon and need a partner.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Oh ok I'll let him know.

probably not going to this

this is a tournament where top 12ranked shouldn't even be allowed. to let ranked people use even mid tiers seems unfair
B**** you said you're going to Oxnard. And b**** you're stupid as ****. Hell when you're drunk you're stupid as a goat who doesn't know where his group of goat at.

B**** I know you're looking for a excuse to be an a**h***.

<3

Teach me how to play Starcraft 2 when I come over to Dunk's place.

DJMirror

Smash Master
So Junkimchi told me if I can push this back to Sunday or move it on a different day because people are going to be in their summer school finals. Sadly I can't push it back or anything because the date is already set in stones.

I'm sorry that if you can't make it but you're still welcome to hang out, play friendlies, enter singles if you guys make it on time, or go out and eat dinner/lunch with us after/before the tournament.

Lovage

Smash Hero
move it to 1 or 2 months away imo

pretty much all the hype was killed when you made 90% of the focus about the rules regarding ranked players when no one gives a ****

DJMirror

Smash Master
Arcadia is seventy miles of a murderous obstacle course, snaking over the most twisted hell scape ever conceived.

Noobs go in... You know what comes out the other side?

MOTHER****ERS

What's that? What happens to noobs that don't make it out?

Maybe I should tell you the name of the course. Maybe that will help.

It's called the Noob Killer. That's right, I'll let you figure out why.
Quote for great justice.

SD have home field advantage so they are favor to win.

Top Bottom