• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dirtiest Player in the Game - Wario Social Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
question for you wario peoples

My friend angel (hes not on swf much tho he is a consistent tourney attendee) showed me something crazy a couple days ago.

Apparently its really hard to time but did you guys know about this thing where wario runs off a stage/platform, and with his stupid air speed, can up air, and than move back on to the platform that he just ran off?

Like he runs off the platform, up airs, with that stupidly fast/strong hitbox, and than DIs back on to the same ledge he ran from, landing with that lack of lag that up air has

Is this new, or has it been known before?

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Don't pick Wario. He's a horrible character. But welcome to the Wario boards. Anyone surprised at Malcolm's placing at yesterdays tourney? 4th! Good job Malcolm! And I love the name "Waft Master Flex", welcome to the the Wario boards as well. The more Waribros the better.

If you wanna learn how to fight MK... just use Snake.

Wario isn't bad. I love him.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
No I just need a way to play against Olimar actually. I MAIN Snake, I just need to learn the MU a little better. I also have a solid D3 that I use for some matchups. The main reason I actually started playing Wario is my friend *points @ Gifts* He started using Wario, I started trying to help him and sure enough I remember how fun of a character he is. I used him @ pools in a tournament this weekend with positive results so I figured I'd give him a shot. Too much fun <3

@Snap: LOL I learned my lesson about D3 vs MK a while ago. I just need to trust my Snake more. I do hate MK with a passion though.

@Everyone else: Thanks for the warm welcome.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
No I just need a way to play against Olimar actually. I MAIN Snake, I just need to learn the MU a little better. I also have a solid D3 that I use for some matchups. The main reason I actually started playing Wario is my friend *points @ Gifts* He started using Wario, I started trying to help him and sure enough I remember how fun of a character he is. I used him @ pools in a tournament this weekend with positive results so I figured I'd give him a shot. Too much fun <3

@Snap: LOL I learned my lesson about D3 vs MK a while ago. I just need to trust my Snake more. I do hate MK with a passion though.

@Everyone else: Thanks for the warm welcome.
If you need a way to play against Olimar hard counter him with Luigi. Luigi is too good against Olimar. Olimar's moves all get turned into poop by Luigi's aerials.

But I agree with you on Wario being too much fun. Nothing is better than munching on people, farting on them, and riding a cool motorcycle.

ZTD | TECHnology

I tend to play matches better when Im having more fun. Even though I never played Wario really I did well with him against some legit people in my state and I was having a blast doing it. Snake is cool but I dont have fun with him and I feel like I'm working sometimes instead of playing a game lol like im thoroughly entertained every match I play with wario :D

bassem6

Smash Lord
question for you wario peoples

My friend angel (hes not on swf much tho he is a consistent tourney attendee) showed me something crazy a couple days ago.

Apparently its really hard to time but did you guys know about this thing where wario runs off a stage/platform, and with his stupid air speed, can up air, and than move back on to the platform that he just ran off?

Like he runs off the platform, up airs, with that stupidly fast/strong hitbox, and than DIs back on to the same ledge he ran from, landing with that lack of lag that up air has

Is this new, or has it been known before?
Hmm interesting, Ive never seen anybody do this before. Sounds like it could be useful.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Why have I never seen any wario do this if this is such common knowledge? Ive known that wario can run off and airspeed himself back on but being able to upair is news to me.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, omission speed reading ftw.

I totally missed the whole being able to upair part. Is it really possible? I don't think the hitbox comes out in time :/

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
No Wario players do this this often but it is possible and it is known. Bassem you make me want to turn my head on your posts when I see you say that you dont know about this, but i wont because i love you too **** much.

There was a video somewhere on youtube about this.. ill see if i can find it.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gga4DL1pE

That but i am sure there is a better one. ill keep looking

ZTD | TECHnology

No Wario players do this this often but it is possible and it is known. Bassem you make me want to turn my head on your posts when I see you say that you dont know about this, but i wont because i love you too **** much.

There was a video somewhere on youtube about this.. ill see if i can find it.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gga4DL1pE

That but i am sure there is a better one. ill keep looking
Oh Ive seen this before. I think it has its uses. Plus its funny looking lol

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've seen this used before but it's not used that often from what I know. It's a little hard to pull of but to whoever manages to pull this off, it'll be great for ledge guarding. Other uses than that... nothing. Looks flashy though.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
When I saw Goggles' post, I thought I'd try it out. I kept using it yesterday, and I only hit with it once. It seems its only real use is if you know your opponent is heading straight for the ledge from above, you could either hit them or mindgame them into landing onstage and punish (airwalk --> upair --> fsmash). More of the latter.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when my friend showed it to me, I noticed that if you can get them to shield it, its pretty likely that they will try to come out of shield to punish it. at which point, f smash ***** again.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Yeah I knew he quit I still miss him tho. Whats he studying??? He should get in to eye health like myself. Looks like us warios are smart sons of *****es.

Asa

Smash Hero
i want to put some new music onto my brawl

any ideas? just list what songs you like for a few stages

Asa

Smash Hero
Yes, yes they are

I got ragnas theme and bang's theme on smashville

jin's theme on battlefield

clover's theme on yoshi's island

blazblue opening song on castle seige

idk where to put noel's theme..

ZTD | TECHnology

DUDE I saw in them at Mayhemfest a few weeks ago., it was sick. the craziest mosh pit broke out also, there were literally 3 inches of blood on almost everyone in that thing. I'm proud to say that I as a 6'5'' 170 lbs guy walked away without a scratch despite the fact that half of the people in there were 250 lbs + lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah they were insane. I was intimidated at first but I went in after 3 inches of Blood told everyone to get in there lol I got into the moment.

And I was like the only black guy crazy enough to jump into all of them. I got so much props that day <3

No injuries either just dirty clothes.

Top Bottom