• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Interesting. Is it really specific to D3 though? I was under the impression that wow players got hacked pretty often as well.

Kal

Smash Champion
Interesting. Is it really specific to D3 though? I was under the impression that wow players got hacked pretty often as well.
Well, "it" is currently this vague, undefined thing that there is no real knowledge on. If "it" really exists, Blizzard will deny it unless it's prudent for them to do so (usually, this is when it's going to be revealed anyway, or when they are forced to reveal it under legal circumstances, so that they can pretend to be thoughtful and considerate about their customers). While WoW accounts are frequently hacked, the circumstances (particularly the scale) are different here, which suggests that the problem is unique to Diablo III. There appears to be some way to circumvent the password authentication in the way Diablo III was coded.

But we don't know yet, and we might not ever know. If it is a problem on Blizzard's side, they could just patch it and make no further mention. All they have to do is deny that it was their problem, then condescendingly tell those who were hacked to increase their security.

Kal

Smash Champion
Hylian will steal all your **** then IP ban you from Smashboards to stop you from

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I need help. I'm a lv57 Witch Doctor and I've soloed all of it up till Belial on Hell mode. I can't seem to win...

2600 Armor, 16k HP, 9600DPS and I get owned. I get to his final form and when he does the Poison Spew thing it OHKOs me and I don't get how to dodge all of them ; ;.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
http://www.diablofans.com/

Recent posts include powerleveling and goblin farming areas if anyone is interested.

I'm having a hard time dodging the poison things, not sure why
What do you mean by "poison things"? When he sticks both arms into the ground and the green circles pop up, those are explosions not DOTs so keep that in mind while dodging them. If he swings with one arm he will swing with the other and then he will swing with both. If he moves his head back he's going to breathe poision, so run to the side or use spirit walk or something etc.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also, this is just a theory but something you guys might want to do anyways. One thing I've noticed that has been the same for every person I know that's been hacked is that the character they were last playing had all their gear and gold stolen. The thing is the other characters were left untouched, no matter if they were higher level, had better gear, etc. So I suggest making sure you have a crap character always logged in last to maybe help prevent you from losing your gear if you get hacked, even if you end up losing your gold.

Just an educated guess, could easily be coincidence.

Player-3

Smash Hero
No, hylian, the way people are getting hacked is when you enter a public(or private) game the people in that game are considered as "in the same session" and then a hacker can abuse that to get into your account, but only on that one character

that's why it only affects the character; and why they are doing it to people on inferno

would have typed this alot earlier but i thought i already did

Jem.

Smash Master
They didn't take all my gear which is the thing, which makes me presume it is a bot of some sort. They only took half my gear and I dont know why. I'm still at 15k damage half naked..

And I keep my MF gear in my inventory that I switch out before a kill, and they only took one piece of that. They also didn't touch my stash. I feel like any human would just take everything, because I was able to do Act 1 Inferno half naked (I was bored and wanted to see if I could.) And I have no idea if Blizzard is even catching these people. It's not like out of thin air what they took to me comes back to me. Whatever they take, they get to keep, but Blizz just takes me back in time before it happened. Profit wise it seems like it'd just be smart to take everything, but maybe for some reason it's hard for a bot to particularly tell which is good and whats not or that they just want to make it a 1 minute transaction so they dont get traced or something.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Sure thing. Did you finish Nightmare yet? Once you're level 50 I don't mind running you and Cactuar to Inferno. Then I'll run you guys through Inferno have to call it quits.
I didn't get much further, maybe a level or 2 playing with a friend. Guess I'll have to learn to like playing solo if my friends aren't on (used to do public games but not worth it anymore heh).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No, hylian, the way people are getting hacked is when you enter a public(or private) game the people in that game are considered as "in the same session" and then a hacker can abuse that to get into your account, but only on that one character

that's why it only affects the character; and why they are doing it to people on inferno

would have typed this alot earlier but i thought i already did
They aren't only doing it to people on inferno. The joining a public game thing is still speculation, no one has been able to prove if it's even possible to bypass login with a session ID, which is probably what you are talking about. Most people get hacked when they aren't playing as well. If everyone knew how people were getting hacked you would probably see a lot less people getting hacked. From what I've seen, people who've never joined a pub game get hacked just as often as people who have. You can't really say "this is the way they do it" when people in private games are getting hacked as well.

The ONLY similarity I've seen from all the hackings is that they only take the gear of one character(if any at all), so to be safe I would just make sure you are always on a worthless character before you log out. Seems like they only take the gear of your last played because it's a bot.

If you get hacked while you are playing though then :/.

Lovage

Smash Hero
getting ***** in mid-act 2 lol. every elite pack and increasing normal mobs 1 shot me (33k hp) and most difficult affixes make it too hard to pass without getting pretty lucky. my weapons holding me back a lot (700 dps) but i def. can't afford some ******** *** 900k 875dps bow lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
getting ***** in mid-act 2 lol. every elite pack and increasing normal mobs 1 shot me (33k hp) and most difficult affixes make it too hard to pass without getting pretty lucky. my weapons holding me back a lot (700 dps) but i def. can't afford some ******** *** 900k 875dps bow lol.
Lol what. DH's have it good, there are 900+ dps bows on the AH for like 200k. I'm looking at some right now.

Act 2 is hard as **** though.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I got a steal of a bow. 875 dmg, 1.4 attack/sec 2.5 life leech, +900 life per hit. As longg as I don't get 1 shot, I can tank anything. Bow cost me 100k a few days ago

:phone:

Jem.

Smash Master
I didnt change my password, got hacked again. LOL. My ticket is replied to though, and now I gotta wait for the restore. I messaged the guy on my recent played list and called him a ****** since you can tell by his account /playtime and level its a hacker XD.

Atleast my account wasnt restored yet, I was checking to see if it was. But my pass is changed now

But DAMN at getting hit twice by the same guy

Kinda lame you can't remove your recent played though. What if the guy is able to get me again somehow by ninja joining my game from recent played? unless you have to accept his party invite unlike when theyre on your friends list

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can remove your recently played.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just right click their name, I thought it was pretty intuitive.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just bought a physical authenticator. Here's to hoping I don't get hacked before it shows up lol.

Kal

Smash Champion
Hylian, just use winauth until it arrives. Once the FOB arrives, remove the old authenticator and use the new one.

What's The Point

Smash Master
So, how do authenticators work?
You are given a device/app that produces a number every 20ish seconds based on some algorithm. You synch it to your account. Every time you log in (Or you can set it to only every time you log in from a new IP address) you have to provide that number.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Act 2 is finally doable for me without really dying.

Current stats:

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Hylian88/Screenshot007.jpg

Edit: If I am using temporal flux, should I use arcane hydra or just keep poison hydra?

Just beat all of act 2 solo in inferno with my barb. Died 3 times on Belial but I beat him on my 4th try. :).

I hope act 3 isn't TOO much harder lol.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I just sort of breezed through act 3 after act 2. Well, after I regeared to be able to do act 2 again after the hotfix monk nerf.

But there's not really anything substantially hard. I think the hardest part for me was that boss that drops poison clouds non-stop.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I just sort of breezed through act 3 after act 2. Well, after I regeared to be able to do act 2 again after the hotfix monk nerf.

But there's not really anything substantially hard. I think the hardest part for me was that boss that drops poison clouds non-stop.
Indeed that one is hard.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Rant incoming.

This game can be complete and total bull****.

First thing, ****ing treasure goblins? Forget about it if there's more than a few monsters in the room. With no way to goddam lock on to something, you ****ing get stuck behind all this **** and he just runs away, posts "trollface.jpg" on your facebook wall, then teleports away to get his 70-something virgins.

Elite packs? No ****ing way. Look at this ****:

This **** ***** me. And this **** isn't even GOOD. Goddam fire chains and goddam teleporter make them total *****es. They just launch mortars at you and run like hillary clintons until they get you between them then they just fire chain it up all night. Wanna hit them? Nah, they'll teleport away from you and activate their goddam fire chains again.

And after you ****ing kill these *****es? Good loot? No thanks, just this **** EVERY TIME:

Why the **** is the game still dropping this ****ty ****? And when it's not ****ty **** like that, it's ****ing QUIVERS ALL DAY.

LOOK AT THIS **** MAN

Plague teleporting illusionists? HELL NO

>:[

edit: **** vortex and nightmare. I don't like when **** can control my character. Not cool.

Top Bottom