• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Kal

Smash Champion
Complaining about D3 on a smash forums.. mmm... it doesn't really serve much purpose except venting about it and even if you do complain on blizzard forums you get deleted.. gg your opinions I guess. =P
This is a thread for Diablo III discussion. It's not like I'm posting D3 rants on Melee Discussion. >_>

Besides, the majority of discussion doesn't serve much purpose. It's a discussion thread, not a "let's do something constructive" thread. And I really think people are just overreacting. If my negative opinion bothers anyone that much, they should just ignore me. Or see a therapist.

Turazrok, **** the Scoundrel. Templar forever. Or Enchantress for the comically bad dialogue.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
In other news, people are saying act 2 is bugged and that some mobs completely ignore resists and armor when they hit you, and others are confirming after testing. No blue post on it yet.

Kal

Smash Champion
Also, I'm almost positive blizzard is legally obligated to tell people if their security has been breached(much like the PSN ordeal) so I'm not sure what to think about that. Maybe they aren't legally obligated until they have the RMAH and that's why it's being delayed? Dunno just speculating.
Actually, there is some vagueness in the legality regarding where the servers are maintained and state law and stuff. I read a blog about it the other day. I'll see if I can find it. The TL;DR is basically "in most cases, they wouldn't be legally required to reveal that they have been compromised."

Kal

Smash Champion
Oh, I found the blog post. Here.

Also found this for anyone interested in calculating percentages reduced from damage involving Resistances.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone have an opinion on Torchlight 2?

People are saying it's the "True" spiritual successor of Diablo 2, and even at it's price and budget it's the superior game.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Having played through the beta, I don't think Torchlight 2 is a better game than Diablo 3. I think it's a better deal if you factor in the price, but aside from that, I prefer Diablo.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I fell in love with him as a character, so I used him for a long time. But I realized for someone tanking, Enchantress is pretty hot.

And plus, she turns any enemy except bosses into chickens.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the Enchantress as well, but I really like the Templar's character.

I despise the types of scoundrels

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I haven't used the Templar sans before I had the choice to use the other two. He seemed too self-righteous for me.

/Disregarding Monk has the same attitude.

What's The Point

Smash Master
The Templar is the most annoying one but his double heals and CC are way to useful till you have enough levels and good defensive items. After that it's all about the Enchantress for her 15% armor.

Lovage

Smash Hero
LMFAO joke *** blizzard

makes sense! when i got hacked, they never restored a damn thing LOL

great games, abysmal everything else

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Arc, what did you lose? I would file a ticket with Blizzard, but I wouldn't bother with an account restore if the loss was small. If it was something under 100,000 gold I can refund you.
I lost pretty much all my gear and like 200Kish gold I think, and all my leather craft salvage items and pages (ironically not my gems though).

I submitted a ticket and activated the authenticator, but I don't know what's going to come of it.

They even just sold my unique brown necklace :(.

Kal

Smash Champion
Well, once they get to you, they usually offer an account restoration, which basically reverts your account to a previous date. They claim to only guarantee two in total, so whether it's worth it to restore some gear and about 200,000 gold is up to you. I'm sure people here wouldn't mind helping you out to get your gold back.

Also, you have 30 days after purchase to return the game if you have proof of purchase. I've heard that it's as simple as calling customer service (though this can take upwards of an hour). Those who have been hacked can make a pretty powerful statement by simply returning the game. Just a thought.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I was reading the patch notes when i came across this:

• Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab

Does this mean there is a limit to the number of items than can be purchased?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Well, once they get to you, they usually offer an account restoration, which basically reverts your account to a previous date. They claim to only guarantee two in total, so whether it's worth it to restore some gear and about 200,000 gold is up to you. I'm sure people here wouldn't mind helping you out to get your gold back.

Also, you have 30 days after purchase to return the game if you have proof of purchase. I've heard that it's as simple as calling customer service (though this can take upwards of an hour). Those who have been hacked can make a pretty powerful statement by simply returning the game. Just a thought.
Yeah IDK, If I get the rollback I'll probably start playing again, asking people for gold and stuff is meh. If the rollback never happens though I guess it would be nice if someone would be down to craft a set for me that I can pay back at some point.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Inspired by the talk in this thread and my brother getting hacked over memorial day weekend (they still haven't restored his account... sucks so hard) I finally got the mobile authenticator.

Something tells me a significantly easier and probably more effective system would be if they had something similar to DFO's Goblin Pad authorization.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
What class are you and what level? I'll save some of the drops I get.

:phone:
I'm a level 38 Witch Doctor.

The issue isn't really zomg I need amazing gear. It's that I have 0 gear and can't make any gear. Thought I probably could keep going naked and replace as I go just seems meh to do something like that.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, you could also just get rushed to level 50, join a game in Hell Act IV, and purchase some new gear from a vendor to at least let you function. What is your Blizzard ID, Arc?

Keep in mind that an account restore will completely revert your account back to a previous date. If you plan on using one, I would suggest you just not play for a few days.

--

Inspired by the talk in this thread and my brother getting hacked over memorial day weekend (they still haven't restored his account... sucks so hard) I finally got the mobile authenticator.
If your phone is rooted or jailbroken, be sure to install and regularly use some form of anti-virus software. You definitely don't want someone cloning your authenticator.

Whoops, didn't realize I was double posting. Sorry.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
If your phone is rooted or jailbroken, be sure to install and regularly use some form of anti-virus software. You definitely don't want someone cloning your authenticator.

Whoops, didn't realize I was double posting. Sorry.
Phone is neither rooted nor jailbroken, but thanks for the heads up. I don't really care a whole lot anyways, worst case scenario I can't play until they roll my account back. Or possibly I'll lose everything forever. In which case it'll just be too bad and I'll move on with my life.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow, the AH is INSANE right now. I'm litterally making more money than I can spend. I just spent like 600k and made over a million just trying to keep my sell queue at 10 lmao.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Wow, the AH is INSANE right now. I'm litterally making more money than I can spend. I just spent like 600k and made over a million just trying to keep my sell queue at 10 lmao.
Wat

I'm bad with money **** AH.

Player-3

Smash Hero
alright well i was trying to do some d3 and then i started fighting some arcane/nightmare/shielding i think or some other **** packs and started moonwalking from server lag backwards through arcane beams i couldn't see presumably by being feared backwards while my character was facing forwards, aggroing a bunch of extra invisible mobs and then dropped dead from full hp

lets give that another shot in an hour

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Gg Blizzard. I'm doing Izual on Hell for the third time today (thanks to the servers) and know what happens when we get into the instance?

There are two of them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How the hell are you managing that? Tell us how you're pricing your stuff.
It's hard to say, I just kind of know how things should be priced from experience using the AH. I just evaluate the stats it has and how much money I would be willing to pay for it and then just think of a random price. If I'm really not sure on something I look up items similar to it and undercut the prices.

Top Bottom