• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't care to take this argument any further. Can you post the stats of a player wearing that gear, Hylian?

Kal

Smash Champion
Holy crap, 75% damage reduction. What is survivability with a build like that? Do you have to avoid 90% of attacks, or is there some actual leeway to get hit?

Lovage

Smash Hero
game changes for everybody once the monsters actually start hurting (hell/inferno)

ranged classes get big damage and learn to kite/never get hit

barbs and monks get insane gear and tank every elite pack for 10 min kills lol

edit: kal shut the **** up jesus christ lol

Kal

Smash Champion
User CP --> Edit Ignore List --> Add a Member to Your List

See how you can fix your own problems, like a grown up, Lovage?

Kal

Smash Champion
Hylian, can we get a second thread for bartering, or should we just post here?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Did you buy most of that stuff from AH hylian?

Also, out of curiosity, what is the most any of you guys have gotten from selling something on AH?

:phone:

Kal

Smash Champion
Most I've gotten is like 85,000 gold. That 15% house cut really sucks. T_T

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I should note, the gear I posted is to be viable in act 2 and beyond, act 1 inferno is easy with barb.

Hmm. I think for now we should just post here. If it gets to be annoying for people or a lot more people start playing from smashboards I will make a barter thread.

Did you buy most of that stuff from AH hylian?

Also, out of curiosity, what is the most any of you guys have gotten from selling something on AH?

That's not my stuff, I'm not that geared yet. I have around 600-700 resists, 50k health, 7k dps and 5.5k armor. I really need to buff up my str and resist more before I can clear act 2 easy.

50% barb shout to strong

More like necessary lol. All barbs should have the 50% resist WC on at all times if they are in inferno.

As far as resists go, physical resist and fire resist are the most important. Stuff with +all resist and +physical is very valuable.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
yeah, I've been the process of swapping out my gear for similar gear with resist all. Got some sick 70 all boots last night from ah.

Can't stress enough how important it is for monk and barb at least.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hey ODIN, what is your Real ID? It's not in the first post.
silent_jedi_master@yahoo.com

Guys, none of us care about you two arguing about strawmans. Take it to PM's.

Inferno barbs, look for gear similar to this stuff to be viable:

http://i50.tinypic.com/v8art.jpg
That shield...:cool: My monk would loooooooooooooooove that.

game changes for everybody once the monsters actually start hurting (hell/inferno)

ranged classes get big damage and learn to kite/never get hit

barbs and monks get insane gear and tank every elite pack for 10 min kills lol
I started Act 1 Hell with Jumpman today. I'll post pics when I get home, but a rare Invulnerable mob and his minions followed him back to town. It was ridiculous.

Also, I seem to be dying a lot more. I gotta find better gear. T__T

And gem crafting is getting stupid expensive.

Also, I only need Wirts bell to make the staff of herding. But I lack the funds to get it. :urg:

I see no reason to not include it here, personally. No reason to add more topics to the LH.

Just my two cents.

Kal

Smash Champion
The only issue I see, ODIN, is that it could get really convoluted trying to see who is offering what items. Randomly having people list what they have for sale could get unwieldy. I guess it would be best to wait until it gets to that point before considering creating a second thread.

I do think it's important that we try and barter as much as possible, however. That 15% transaction fee on the Auction House is pretty significant.

Also, just so people know, it looks like crafting gems that aren't at least Perfect Squares is non-profitable. Since Flawless Square gems drop in Inferno (and I think Hell), they wind up being priced around 10,000 gold, whereas crafting a Flawless Square gem costs 20,000 gold and requires three Square gems. It looks like the best thing to do is just vendor any gems that aren't Flawless Square or higher.

It does seem you can make a profit from crafting Radiant Star gems, though I don't have all the details yet. I might do some calculations later, but this guide provides a pretty good summary. It's also important to note that we can reduce the price of Radiant Star gems by 112,000 gold if we trade them, rather than use the Auction House, while still turning the same profit. A good middle ground is to just reduce the price by 66,000 gold if you trade them, so that both the crafter and the buyer benefit.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here are my stats currently:

I need to work on my physical resist a lot without lowering my others :/. I can do everything in act 1 inferno easily with several different builds. Act 2 I use the build you see displayed there. Not geared enough for act 3 yet.

bassem6

Smash Lord
yeah, I've been the process of swapping out my gear for similar gear with resist all. Got some sick 70 all boots last night from ah.

Can't stress enough how important it is for monk and barb at least.

How much did those cost you?

Kal

Smash Champion
Not sure I fully understand the question, so sorry if this answer is way off, but armor works to mitigate all damage, whereas physical resist only increases resistance to physical attacks.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not sure I fully understand the question, so sorry if this answer is way off, but armor works to mitigate all damage, whereas physical resist only increases resistance to physical attacks.
This is correct.

Having physical resist included into int is what makes +res all and int very good to spec into for melee classes, especially after your main stat starts getting greatly diminished values

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, the amount of armor you need to gain any sort of significant damage mitigation is pretty enormous, from what I hear. Does anyone know how a Demon Hunter should spec as far as gear? I'm hearing from some people that we should just pump everything into DPS, but that just seems so silly to me. At the same time, I don't know how much I would need to increase my resistance in order to make the class survivable, if it's even possible.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, the amount of armor you need to gain any sort of significant damage mitigation is pretty enormous, from what I hear. Does anyone know how a Demon Hunter should spec as far as gear? I'm hearing from some people that we should just pump everything into DPS, but that just seems so silly to me. At the same time, I don't know how much I would need to increase my resistance in order to make the class survivable, if it's even possible.
From what i've seen you should spec enough vit to be 2 shot by most things instead of 1 shot and then all dps. When people start getting the best of the best items more often ranged classes will be able to get vit and +res while still getting their main stat and then maybe crit chance or life on hit. That kind of gear though won't be seen for awhile and will be top top of the line.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I'm a barb main but I'm assuming you would want armor that gives all resist/dex/vit. Idk how much emphasis you place on defensive stats since you can kite but I would think you would want enough to where you can tank a few hits in act 4 inferno.

Movespeed would also benefit you greatly. Sorry if my reply isnt helpful. Not sure how far into the game you are :p

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm in Act II Inferno. So far, my strategy has been "use SS to run past everything, kill Maghda." So far, I've killed Maghda.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
My DH friend that is in Act 4 inferno specs in no particular order: Dex, Crit damage, Vit, Attack Speed. I know he made it pretty clear you want 60-80% attack speed, didnt ask him about anything else.

He has 77k dps and has cleared to diab. Hasnt beaten him yet.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What about wizard survivability? I feel like I have to drop a hydra 50ft in front of me every step I take cuz even a single tap hurts hard.
Think of it this way: you get a drop a Hydra that does huge damage whenever you want because it has a low AP cost.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Shoulda rephrased, im using hydra as a demon detector, if I see it shoot, then there's something I gotta kite. I'm aware of its damage. I wanna be able to take at least a single hit and not have to pot, or is that just unreasonable?

Kal

Smash Champion
Well, I just solo'd Zultan Kulle. Turns out there's an easy cheese strategy as long as you have a ranged attack. Here. I've run him about four times with nothing decent dropping, but I'm not sure exactly how Inferno drops work yet.

Kal

Smash Champion
If it's like Diablo II, Magic Find just increases your chances of magic, rare, and legendary items dropping. Not the quality of the items themselves. Of course, it could be totally different in this game. I haven't checked.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I find that it's much much harder to find Set or Legendary items in D3.. but blues and yellows are A LOT more viable in D3 rather than in D2. Though when you are level 60 and you kill champion packs you get increased MF buffs for 30 mins I think and it can stack up to 5 times. I think it gives like 15 mf+ each stack?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
If it's like Diablo II, Magic Find just increases your chances of magic, rare, and legendary items dropping. Not the quality of the items themselves. Of course, it could be totally different in this game. I haven't checked.
It's still just quantity, but just stack it when you have him almost dead.

Although its also always way more ideal to have 5 stacks when killing any boss as the buff also gives you one extra item per stack from bosses.

Sharky

Smash Master
First, yes, it's a strawman. No one is discussing whether I should play the game. I'm not arguing that, if I dislike the game altogether, I should still play it. That's not relevant to the discussion we're having. Your second point just reiterates the first; the creators of the game dictate everything. My problem isn't with that fact. It's with what they are dictating.

Have you noticed how often you tend to write **** like "you're usually smart, but you're kinda being dumb?" Do you really think it's necessary or useful to preface your arguments with things like this?

GwJumpman, I'd offer help, but I'm not very familiar with the class. Sorry. If you want any help in game, I have a level 60 Demon Hunter. My tag is Kal#1572.

Wave, since the discussion is about Diablo III, I'd say it's relevant. Though the usual Smashboards mindset is "if you haven't got anything nice to say, you should remain silent." Opinions and open discussion are ok, as long as it's in favor of whatever is being discussed.
seriously do you do anything but complain? just shut up already, we're all sick of hearing it after the 1000th time.

edit: looks like I was a couple pages behind on the times lol, things seem to have simmered down now

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, you're a little late to complain about me complaining in a discussion thread.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm confused why more people don't pack a MF gear set in their inventory. It only takes up like 8 spots of inventory or so. Buy a second stash tab if your inventory is cluttered.

All you have to do is switch to your MF gear right before the rare pack or boss dies, and it counts in the MF. Why NOT increase your chances of stuff dropping? More stuff = more chances at good stuff, and if it is unfortunately bad stuff, it's still vendor stuff that is decent change. Or if you find something good you cant use or don't need, AH it. There's no reason to fully neglect MF, it's not like you need to choose between MF and stats. Carry both sets with you.

Kal

Smash Champion
Jem, MF only increases the chance of items that are already dropping being magic, rare, set, or legendary. It doesn't actually increase the number of drops. I'm just clarifying. It's still a good idea to include MF gear in your inventory and switch it out at the last second.

The best thing to do, of course, is to get stacks of Nephalem Valor and switch to MF gear at the last second, since the buff provides both magic find and increases the number of drops.

Also, what is the total MF from your MF set, if you don't mind me asking?

Jem.

Smash Master
I dont carry that much yet, as I dished out a good amount of gold on upgrading and getting a lot of attack speed, but with 5 stacks of neph im sitting at around 200 MF. 5 stacks is easy for me to get too in Inferno. So I guess around 115 or so with no stacks

Top Bottom