• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Midwest, we need to talk *READ 1st POST BEFORE REPLYING*

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I agree with Dmac 100%. Thanks for the recommendations.

John, Chexr's response was flat out immature. Ill edit this post when I'm at my computer.

edit/ Ok. Several aspects of your post are confusing.

1. It seems that you fail to understand my opinion. For whatever reason, several people took my post personally and got really defensive/prideful/territorial (whatever you wanna call it). This probably lead them to completely miss the purpose of my post.

2. I'm not changing the first post. there is nothing wrong with it because it is my opinion. For whatever reason, the point of the thread was less obvious to some than others. (see point #1 above)

3. Many of the "reason for lack of motivation" were discussed by several people in this thread (including me), so no I'm not missing your point.

"chexr nailed it early on and you, of course, dismissed him without an actual response."

4. Notice how several people said what Chexr said in a more civil manner, and they received a response from me. So..YES, of COURSE I dismissed him.

5. If you're wondering why I'm not going into in depth discussion about MW smasher proximity, number of tournaments, etc. etc. it's because, again, these things have been discussed before and quite frankly, I'm tired of talking about the same old points.

Dart!

Smash Master
he's got a point though

little england, if you just so happened to grow up in the midwest instead of socal, you really think you'd be even close to your current skill level?

try getting good driving several hours for every tournament with the 2/3 people in your town who play smash.

the midwest's relatively low motivation to get better is due mostly to our unfortunate position on the earth and not because we are lazy or inherently unskilled.

tl;dr geography johns

*raises hand* I live 2-3 hours from any hotspot of smash, i have about 4 people in my crew. Those that feel the need to travel for a video game...do benefit. no johns

I agree with Dmac 100%. Thanks for the recommendations.

John, Chexr's response was flat out immature. Ill edit this post when I'm at my computer.

edit/ Ok. Several aspects of your post are confusing.

1. It seems that you fail to understand my opinion. For whatever reason, several people took my post personally and got really defensive/prideful/territorial (whatever you wanna call it). This probably lead them to completely miss the purpose of my post.

2. I'm not changing the first post. there is nothing wrong with it because it is my opinion. For whatever reason, the point of the thread was less obvious to some than others. (see point #1 above)

3. Many of the "reason for lack of motivation" were discussed by several people in this thread (including me), so no I'm not missing your point.

"chexr nailed it early on and you, of course, dismissed him without an actual response."

4. Notice how several people said what Chexr said in a more civil manner, and they received a response from me. So..YES, of COURSE I dismissed him.

5. If you're wondering why I'm not going into in depth discussion about MW smasher proximity, number of tournaments, etc. etc. it's because, again, these things have been discussed before and quite frankly, I'm tired of talking about the same old points.

honestly, i can't believe this thread is still up. it seems more and more people just come in to troll now that the original goal of this thread is all but done with.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Brawl has Wifi so it doesn't have this problem. SUCK IT MELEE ***S.

But in all seriousness it's possible to get better with out playing a bunch of people. Once Little England told me some holes in my game I worked on this and got better in like 2 hours lol. People just need the motivation!!!

Sliq

Smash Master
haha!

And this is a Melee Backroom Member ladies and gents! Maybe this thread should keep on going. It's actually pretty funny now.
Serious business. Also, I shouldn't be in the Back Room. I haven't posted there for at least 1 year. Also, you're dumb.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
how about mockingjay? :awesome:
cookies to whoever gets the reference
omgzzz

hunger games get at me

we is so alike dart

we both play marthhh

we both love dragoonnnn (im assuming you do given your name)

only difference is i can actually do marth v sheik like a boss

Dart!

Smash Master
omgzzz

hunger games get at me

we is so alike dart

we both play marthhh

we both love dragoonnnn (im assuming you do given your name)

only difference is i can actually do marth v sheik like a boss
What.
I've beaten the matchup plenty of times now.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
mbr is ********, it should be canceled

they picked their mw representation as aob cause he hosted tourneys but doesnt play, scotu cause he made some frame data thing but doesnt play, and sliq who doesnt even go on the boards except to respond to posts which mention his name

im mean to mow so he didnt let me in

dart man im pretty jealous cause ive been working hard at getting better for 5 years and it never happened

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah but i traveled more than almost anybody until dart started going everywhere

and im trying to do the new stuff haha

Dart!

Smash Master
mbr is ********, it should be canceled

they picked their mw representation as aob cause he hosted tourneys but doesnt play, scotu cause he made some frame data thing but doesnt play, and sliq who doesnt even go on the boards except to respond to posts which mention his name

im mean to mow so he didnt let me in

dart man im pretty jealous cause ive been working hard at getting better for 5 years and it never happened
Everybody's different.

I don't really know what happened. the start of the summer i was that scrub with potential and now i'm that really good player that hasn't won yet. i don't really know what changed...

Top Bottom