• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Midwest, we need to talk *READ 1st POST BEFORE REPLYING*

BunBun

Smash Master
its called midwest circuit

do it do it do it do it

but dont pick stupid locations. pick locations that draw biggest crowds (STL, Chicago, indiana, champaign etc)
it sucks for ppl far away but thems the breaks. its stupid to have like a 20 person tourney in minnesota

and dont start it till next year cuz i'll be really active next spring (i'll be a senior and i'm taking golf 100 LOL)
Thumbs up for circuit. It's taken way too long for someone to do something.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Agaaaaainnn,

My post was not supposed to instantly make the midwest improve, nor is change in mindset instantly supposed to make people improve. However, the phrase I think therefore I am goes a long way. Changing an attitude also changes their actions. People might decide to take action and run a tournament for the sake of making themself and the midwest better.

So when you tell me, running tournaments will help the scene, that is not breaking news to me. That is exactly what I hope for. The two go hand in hand.

Juggleguy, good post. I like you because you speak your mind and can disagree with some of my points, but you aren't immature with your responses at all. Much respect to people like you.

Dart!

Smash Master
Agaaaaainnn,

My post was not supposed to instantly make the midwest improve, nor is change in mindset instantly supposed to make people improve. However, the phrase I think therefore I am goes a long way. Changing an attitude also changes their actions. People might decide to take action and run a tournament for the sake of making themself and the midwest better.

So when you tell me, running tournaments will help the scene, that is not breaking news to me. That is exactly what I hope for. The two go hand in hand.

Juggleguy, good post. I like you because you speak your mind and can disagree with some of my points, but you aren't immature with your responses at all. Much respect to people like you.
what do you mean you people?
cookies

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Would anyone travel to a Tourney in SW iowa with a bonus pot?

Its fairly far for some but the bonus pot would hopefully make it worth the travel.

Big_R

Smash Champion
im just givin u real talk. i could articulate all the points in a giant wall of text if i wanted to....but i don't. it's not so complicated.

it's a competitive video game. you play more. you get better depending on playing better people a a variety of experience.

also dart u talk urself up more than u have ever done anything. not that it's bad. talkin urself up gives u a boost and makes ppl think ur good. it's the classic bigy approach haha. build confidence so that in turn does make u better if ur not choking.................

but last time u played waty at poe im pretty sure he fronzled u and u got all mad even tho after hes like ya im playin like **** i just wanna leave. it was funny waty was like "does he think hes good or something? idk why he was so mad?" rofll

now that was trash talk dont get all mad im sure it was very close and everyone has their stories so i dont even wanna hear ur rebuttal. that was for comedic effect.

but yea if u wanna get mad about attitude lil engles then defend cunning you're dumb. he doesn't have the attitude ur looking for when it comes to competitive gaming. not anymore at least. he can be the best ever but i think it's whack that he won't try or whatever but still puts so much time into the game. also i feel like i could beat him if we played 1v1 its not big deal cuz it will pry never happen haha. at least when i played semi regularly...

this lasted too long.

the scene isn't the greatest anywhere anymore. when it was the best midwest had a monthly tourny to travel to that pry avg'd 3 or 4 hours away. now the scene everywhere isn't so great and because of the distance in the mw it's reflected a bit harsher, like always.

so at best this thread can be a flint that someone can use to spark a fire aka a mofuggin tourny or two around here.

best tournys are local ones that save money for one big championship pot. that seemed to attract ppl. im too busy for hostin tournys tho so im just gonna live my life and play this on the side.

and yes i am big r the one who rapped on a chair

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm not going to say whether I agree with Big R or not, but I will say that I am the chairman of his new fan club

Dart!

Smash Master
im just givin u real talk. i could articulate all the points in a giant wall of text if i wanted to....but i don't. it's not so complicated.

it's a competitive video game. you play more. you get better depending on playing better people a a variety of experience.

also dart u talk urself up more than u have ever done anything. not that it's bad. talkin urself up gives u a boost and makes ppl think ur good. it's the classic bigy approach haha. build confidence so that in turn does make u better if ur not choking.................

but last time u played waty at poe im pretty sure he fronzled u and u got all mad even tho after hes like ya im playin like **** i just wanna leave. it was funny waty was like "does he think hes good or something? idk why he was so mad?" rofll

now that was trash talk dont get all mad im sure it was very close and everyone has their stories so i dont even wanna hear ur rebuttal. that was for comedic effect.

but yea if u wanna get mad about attitude lil engles then defend cunning you're dumb. he doesn't have the attitude ur looking for when it comes to competitive gaming. not anymore at least. he can be the best ever but i think it's whack that he won't try or whatever but still puts so much time into the game. also i feel like i could beat him if we played 1v1 its not big deal cuz it will pry never happen haha. at least when i played semi regularly...

this lasted too long.

the scene isn't the greatest anywhere anymore. when it was the best midwest had a monthly tourny to travel to that pry avg'd 3 or 4 hours away. now the scene everywhere isn't so great and because of the distance in the mw it's reflected a bit harsher, like always.

so at best this thread can be a flint that someone can use to spark a fire aka a mofuggin tourny or two around here.

best tournys are local ones that save money for one big championship pot. that seemed to attract ppl. im too busy for hostin tournys tho so im just gonna live my life and play this on the side.

and yes i am big r the one who rapped on a chair
10/10 would read again.

Moooose

Smash Champion
yea we're hypocrites
;)
but we've had some sweet turnouts, and we're expecting over 40 this weekend so ooser's who come to this one shouldnt be disappointed.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
But its Revival of Wisconsin this weekend. We gotta support the revival of a state's melee scene

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I see you have a tournament on 12/11. Whens the next one after that? Thats the weekend before my finals, so i can't go, but i definitely want to make it up to MI sometime

Moooose

Smash Champion
12/04 is the championships for our sweet series. It should be pretty hype =p. you should come up! i need some marth exp =D

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
So people shoudl def come play me in sw iowa if i host a tourney with a bonus pot.

It'd be somewhere around Glenwood IA or Omaha NE.

Im thinking of hosting it around february if the weather is nice.

Quaz

Smash Master
So people shoudl def come play me in sw iowa if i host a tourney with a bonus pot.

It'd be somewhere around Glenwood IA or Omaha NE.

Im thinking of hosting it around february if the weather is nice.
I'll go for sure if you do it. Gives me a reason to visit my Aunt lol (she's kinda lonely out there)

yeeaaah don't take that the wrong way. I know what you're all thinking!

Dart!

Smash Master
The chains of command for SMYM are Andale-Anthony and Deku, i'm just gonna help em out where they need it.

We've been talking about it with a few others and we're hoping they make it sometime either mid january or mid/late march

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
That'd be cool too, and i'd like to travel to that.

well in that case i'll look into it, i have a nice venue for the summer in mind. Hopefully it all works out.

Top Bottom