• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Midwest, we need to talk *READ 1st POST BEFORE REPLYING*

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
dippndots ***** thats gg lol and ya MW isnt dead and we are gonna come back and wreck some *****es just you wait

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
man you just come off as a huge lame sorry. people who are focused on getting better will, people who got more important **** to do with there time treat the game as such. you coming here and acting holier than thou is annoying as ****. your lil psa was not needed. and with as much head as you talk I expect you to falco ditto any falco that wants to in MW. You are one of the best here right? and yes that first post was patronizing.

honestly you prolly chill as hell in real life, but like so many others you adopt a different persona online.

btw its a tourney in chicago that should get about a 20+ man turnout. you should come since you know thats how you get better right. kels, tink, and a lot of other good players are coming through. you can't miss such a oppurtunity to level up mannnn?:glare:
Addressing your points 1 by 1 now.

1. "people who are focused on getting better will, people who got more important **** to do with there time treat the game as such." I believe I said something VERY similar to this is the first post.

2. A ditto of any sort is not a test of skill.

3. One of the best? That question is pretty subjective, and I don't like defining my skill level. Ask around if you want.

4. I AM chill as hell! :D haha thanks. My online persona is pretty much the same though. I guarantee you, everything I've said throughout this thread I've discussed with people irl before or would do in the future.

5. I've been to a Smashing Grounds tournament. And Chicago has came down to Purdue to play with us. I've played pretty much everyone in that area on several occasions (except for the R brothers) including Tink and Kels. They're my *****s! <3 You can ask them about me.

Thus far when presented the idea that you're tone is condescending you've just replied with sarcasm and incorrect simplifications of the argument. But thanks for actually addressing me as a person instead of a third person pronoun like you did with Zeus.

I'm not here to say the points you made are wrong, but if you're going to write something like that first post, a giant, structured block of text with the intent of proving a point, using a more formal writing style(one ex. not using the word I so much) and being conscientious of your delivery would stop useless posts like ours right now from even happening. If you want to know when you're being condescending, it's not necessarily what you're saying but how you're saying it.
Why would you even TRY to identify a "tone" online? (You may think the big block red letters were unnecessary, but I was simply highlighting what I thought was important). In short: take the words for what they are.

I did think about using a formal writing style, but I didn't think that would be as effective as the informal one that I decided to go with. Maybe you're wrong, maybe you're right. Who knows? It's all a matter of opinion. I expected plenty of negative comments for some of the things I said, but I decided not to bite my tongue. I'm glad I made that decision.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
little england is somewhere in the top10 power ranking without a doubt. youll have to wait for the official release to see where.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Why look for a tone in any text? Because it's there. Do you find poetry sounding the same in your head as when you read a textbook? Is the fact that it's on paper or in a book any different from being on a monitor? (They have e-books now too!) Picture a movie script, i'm pretty sure you'd be able to tell the difference between characters without being given names for whose talking if the writing wasn't amateur. And if I really thought big red letters were unnecessary I wouldn't have included all the other statements (belittling my point instead of actually addressing it)

The science of writing isn't a matter of opinion otherwise English departments wouldn't exist at colleges. I'll break it down simply for ya, most posts on smashboards aren't 5 part posts with nearly as much text as you used. Clearly you're making a larger than normal undertaking, so take it more seriously? I'm not saying you should write an essay with a bibliography, to go back to the original point of all this, you said you couldn't understand how anyone could see your first post as patronizing. So, I provided you with plenty of examples. If you really can't read your own writing then I don't know what to say.

You're right on most accounts don't get me wrong. Whatever though man, us doing this isn't being constructive at all. I've always felt like our region was weak so don't label me as someone who disagrees with your post and is trying to make you sound stupid.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
so you're just criticizing him because he isn't a professional writer?

he gave his thoughts. if you want to take a condescending tone out of that, go for it. he has already expressed that he didn't mean for that. i've met the dude and talked to him a bunch, he isn't like that.

Little England

Smash Master
This isn't "any text" though dude. We're talking about an online forum, smashboards.com in particular. lol I believe it's safe to say that the setting is informal, and thus I chose the writing style to fit. *see Sveet's post above*

And I really don't mind discussion. It's not like I took anything you said personally, and I hope you haven't either.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
top 10 for mw sveet? thats a little presumptuous i think, there are still a good amount of good people here. it could be true, but remains to be proven just like with a lot of other people in the mw

a ditto is definitely a test of skill, just as much as any other single matchup

and lets be real little england, the writing style you chose most definitely was patronizing and thats why you met with such a harsh reaction for the first 8 pages or w/e. it expressed a strong sense of "i'm from a good region, so trust me on this one, i know more about how to play this game than you"

you know you and i are cool, im just pointing out that you definitely had a touch of arrogance in your early posts in this thread

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
as for the PR thing, bigd, LE has been to more than enough tournaments recently to be considered active and his placings/wins pretty much speak for themselves.

Little England

Smash Master
top 10 for mw sveet? thats a little presumptuous i think, there are still a good amount of good people here. it could be true, but remains to be proven just like with a lot of other people in the mw

a ditto is definitely a test of skill, just as much as any other single matchup

and lets be real little england, the writing style you chose most definitely was patronizing and thats why you met with such a harsh reaction for the first 8 pages or w/e. it expressed a strong sense of "i'm from a good region, so trust me on this one, i know more about how to play this game than you"

you know you and i are cool, im just pointing out that you definitely had a touch of arrogance in your early posts in this thread
Ok let me correct myself. A ditto means no more than any other matchup. I thought that was implied tbqh.

Like I said, take from it what you want. I'm not responsible for any emotional response people get from my words. Also, even though I needlessly clarified that my intention was NOT to sound "patronizing" or anything of the sort, people are still making posts like yours and DippnDots. I've said all this time and time again. :(

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
what has LE done besides beat dart at the last SSBO?

I'm actually just asking I'm not familiar with his tourney performances

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'd also like to know. I think he's beaten kirkQ?
He's beaten me 2-0, so he's at least better than I am
not sure if that helps

cykofox

Smash Ace
yeah pretty much coming here and acting like you know wassup with the midwest is what pisses people off.
now if you would've came, stayed, played it out here for a year or so, then make some sort of evaluation would have been a diff story.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
kels will not be the best in 2011
too many up and comers
he's a big bully, anyway