• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
welp i think their data is a bit skewed in terms of where some characters should be

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I still don't really agree with the new tier list,
I just feel that our representation is going down the drain lately. It's kind of disappointing to say the least.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
welp i stepped up ontop of my bed, jumped around abit with my ddd plush, then slowly sat down to my pc to viciously type this post

does that count?

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
should there be a metagame discussion thread to put the posts in so its more organized? anyway just in case someone doesnt know, if u utilt through a platform when there's a banana on it we trip

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
should there be a metagame discussion thread to put the posts in so its more organized? anyway just in case someone doesnt know, if u utilt through a platform when there's a banana on it we trip
welcome to always having an active hitbox

same concept applies for utilting and hitting the ground spikes on picto chat, and dthrowing and getting hit by the roller coaster because ddd lifts himself up during the dthrow animation lol

Tmacc

Smash Lord
TChase, apparently Lain is coming to HD in STL this weekend. Are you/other MIers coming with him? If not, you shouuuuuuld homie!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
wow@ thread title

common hilt
and xiivi i know your still checking on us
at least pm us / leave us shout outs if your gonna change the title

you must think we all got salt falling out of every inch of our bodies

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
TChase, apparently Lain is coming to HD in STL this weekend. Are you/other MIers coming with him? If not, you shouuuuuuld homie!

What?

That ******* knew about my tournament and he's still abandoning me :(

If I had known Michigan was planning on going to Hot Dickings I wouldve moved my tournament back one week and went lol But I am hosting a local the same day as HD so I can't back out now. Oh well there will be other STL and MI events. Next time dude I'll totally make it out there. We should team when I do XD

On second hand..we'll see if he ends up going lol

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So it took quite awhile to come to this realization but I think atomsk was right all along awhile back. I've been experimenting with falco a bit lately and I just tried it on my friend's mk (masky). I've tried the mu like a week or two ago but now I had a better understanding of the character after the tourney not too long back. The mu is stupidly much easier. I mean I can still win with d3 on that mu, but the win was never quite as solid as falco.

So in short, I was looking deep into my ancestry. At times I thought I was part bat, then for awhile I thought I had connections to the monkey, but now I realize that all my roots trace back to the class Aves(bird) lineage. I just didn't know I was part of a higher food chain.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
So in short, I was looking deep into my ancestry. At times I thought I was part bat, then for awhile I thought I had connections to the monkey, but now I realize that all my roots trace back to the class Aves(bird) lineage. I just didn't know I was part of a higher food chain.
you are a beautiful person
im just gonna go snake imo i feel safer

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its obvious that you can trace yourself back to africa.

since all black people can play falco.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Okay Shaggy and Scooby you guys take the basement. Velma, Daphne and I will check the foyer for clues. Let's get "The Lurker" guys!
rrraa raagi! I see-a-a-a rhost!!!!

its obvious that you can trace yourself back to africa.

since all black people can play falco.
so what do ppl like me do then if i try that jazz

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
try what? try to play falco? you cant, your not black

or do you mean try to trace your lineage to learn why you play a character? if you do that, I bet youll trace yourself back to frence where all gays originated from. and then fur***s descended from gays, and then you (being a fur*** for a character that has no fur) descended from them.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Depends on the MU/how ballsy I am feeling.

B-Throw usually vs Olimar as Coney taught me that and it helps.

I'll usually go for D-Throw > tech chase (thats my name don't wear it out :D ) at first to gauge what my opponent will do later when I decide to do it again within kill range after B-Throwing a few times. U-Throw helps in some MUs. I rarely use F-Throw.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
wow@ kid hate f u

I bthrow for building damage, bair set ups or to get the opponent away from me.

Fthrow is for IC and for sending opponents off stage, or getting them off me. In rare situations i've CGed baddies with fthrow lol

Dthrow as a mix up into tilts, tech chasing

Uthrow for strange yet good situations

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
what throws are you guys doing vs non-cgable characters?
depends on the character. Mk I'd say always b-throw, maybe 1 or 2 times d-throw techchase. Olimar a combination of d-throw techchase and f-throw off the stage to gimp/set up bair edgeguarding(I'd backthrow only if you were facing the other direction towards the edge). I could go on and on about other chars. What chars did you have in mind?

Coney

Smash Master
i basically only bthrow until it's doing 12%, then i mix up my throws

tbh you SHOULD be tech chasing, especially olimar, but i'm a ddd that likes less time on the ground and more in the air--that's what i excel. so instead of reading options off the dthrow, i prefer to get under whoever i'm fighting and pursue them aerially. plus, by the time i dthrow people are expecting a bthrow...and this sudden position they've found themselves in can sometimes lead to favorable outcomes.

uuusually fthrow climbers. i say usually because if they're the least bit split up, bthrowing can really help the situation.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Mostly, I Bthrow, but I also do Dthrow > Run Forward > B Reversed Swallow 'cause in most cases, when they see you run forward, they tend to roll the other way.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea im gonna def try that too after you mentioned it in your first post

very clever

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
with down throw on non CGables. What I used to do was down throw, and than treat it like snakes down throw, where I just foxtrot forward, and than try to react to their options, if they roll behind me, foxtrot again and pivot grab, situation reset.

if they roll away, based on character and stage positioning, turn the foxtrot into a full run and grab them again, situation reset.

if they tech, wait after the foxtrot, and than grab, situation reset.

if they get up attack, run up and shield, than grab after, situation reset.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
yea im gonna def try that too after you mentioned it in your first post
Well, no one commented, so I figured why not. Besides, I had a valid reason to repeat it. I was answering his question.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to fully Castrolize a Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 Vspec.

Top Bottom