• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I felt the same way about ICs. They're pretty fun but I have to go out of my comfort zone to play them. And when I have characters like Snake, D3 and Lucario that feel right to me theres no point in playing them. At least for me anyway. I just want to actually like the characters that I play with.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I actually picked up IC's, because I used to main them before I started playing competitively, but I couldn't CG because I sucked, so I tried out the CG's again about a month and a half ago, and I got them, so I decided to start playing them again.

At this point I play D3, IC's, and to a lesser extent, ROB. I love using all the characters I play, because they're all so fun. That's why I don't play MK, I like him as a character, but in Brawl he's just annoying to me. I also don't use ROB in tournament anymore because of him. -_-

ZTD | TECHnology

Move to Michigan there's no Metaknights here really just a *** ton of Snakes lol I used to play ROB also and it was pretty decent but back when all of the Metaknights were running rampart i got wrecked :(

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'd love to, too bad I'm broke. I'll just have to come to more MI tournaments in the future, I'd love more Snakes and less MK's. You guys should have more tournaments in western MI though, so it's less of a drive for me. :D

ZTD | TECHnology

Everyone is way too lazy to drive to West Michigan/there's like 4 people over there so most of our tournies and held in Metro Detroit. I want to start coming to more Illinois tournies and some Ohio ones. It was fun and ever since I've working so hard on improving. I bet I could get PRed in Illinois if I ended up moving there like I planned to in the first place. :D You guys have a cool scene.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Everyone is way too lazy to drive to West Michigan/there's like 4 people over there so most of our tournies and held in Metro Detroit. I want to start coming to more Illinois tournies and some Ohio ones. It was fun and ever since I've working so hard on improving. I bet I could get PRed in Illinois if I ended up moving there like I planned to in the first place. :D You guys have a cool scene.

Yea, I've noticed, sadly. Come to more IL tournaments, we're awesome. :D I've been working on improving too, since I'm not that great. Getting PR'd around here isn't that hard anymore, a lot of people keep disappearing/not entering tournies. I would probably be PR'd if I wasn't so bad. :ohwell: I love our scene though.

;______;

I wish I had an iPod Touch.
They're not that great, tbh. Why do you want one?

ZTD | TECHnology

My phone upgrade is coming soon and I'll be getting the HTC Evo. 4G baby! Can't wait! No more stupid Blackberry XD

@ZSwarm: I'm going to be an honorary Illinois resident ;P

ZTD | TECHnology

I have the one with the trackball. It was cool at first but now....yeah I want a new phone. Don't know why you would resent that statement unless you created the Blackberry Curve 8330 .

ZTD | TECHnology

I still have one of the sucky ones. I was considering just upgrading to one of the newer Blackberrys but the HTC EVO..Android technology...*drools*

RATED

Smash Lord
I still have one of the sucky ones. I was considering just upgrading to one of the newer Blackberrys but the HTC EVO..Android technology...*drools*
My big bro has one HTC and is the ****! srsly is too good. Yet I am sure that HTC will be mine! since he changes his phones like every 2 months LOL! so that I will get thatphone out of him!

ZTD | TECHnology

Lucky ******* lol. I'll get an upgrade soon so I won't have to pay too much money as opposed to the 500 + full price. I have to wait until October though. It'll be my birthday present to myself though.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Well, apparently I'm due for an upgrade. So I'm getting the iPhone 4 thing today.

Hopefully it is worth it...

ZTD | TECHnology

Don't get the latest model. The internal antenna is located where your supposed to hold the phone and it blocks reception lol Its so stupid.

And I realize I'm a techological trend *****. I'm okay with that. :)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Yeah, it was fourth, and yeah, I saw it. I beat Cura's Ice Climbers by the skin of my teeth. I almost got SoPo'ed. Then I lost to one of my crewmates in winner's, and San in losers.

Coney

Smash Master
oh wow, you beat cura's ICs with ddd? very fine work brother, i played him a whiiile back and i was scared to go ddd and went peach and lost...good to see you have the cajonés to attempt what i wouldn't!

ZTD | TECHnology

I just go Snake. I'm too lazy to attempt DDD vs ICs. Doesn't work on Lain anyway and now theres a "Lain Jr." that Lain helped train and he went from getting 13th place to getting 3rd <_<

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
My crewmate gave another crewmate of mine some advice, "When in doubt, go your main." Honestly, it works a lot of the time, even in matchups that aren't in your favor.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
oh wow, you beat cura's ICs with ddd? very fine work brother, i played him a whiiile back and i was scared to go ddd and went peach and lost...good to see you have the cajonés to attempt what i wouldn't!
D3 has more options against ICs than you think.

∫unk

Smash Master
im having a lot of trouble vs icy's... any other tips?

i tried standing pivot grab and they just did a running spotdodge then grabbed me... maybe if i space the grab better? i dunno ppl slide when they spotdodge

what if the icy's doesn't approach ever? i think ice blocks beats waddles in terms of safety and range

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
im having a lot of trouble vs icy's... any other tips?

i tried standing pivot grab and they just did a running spotdodge then grabbed me... maybe if i space the grab better? i dunno ppl slide when they spotdodge

what if the icy's doesn't approach ever? i think ice blocks beats waddles in terms of safety and range
I found that Swallow works pretty well. It effectively separates them, and it's pretty safe when used correctly.

If they don't approach, and they have the damage advantage, just approach while Power Shielding their Ice Blocks. If they're using/spamming Blizzard, you can use Ftilt, which will normally trade hits, but it'll put you in an advantageous position.

But, that's just me.

Top Bottom