• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Laem

Smash Champion
Albert I'd appreciate it if you didn't go around linking matches of me giving up. I believe this is the second place I've found you linking it to multiple people >__>
we all know now
all of us
you're a quitter
you disrespect every1 you play
like mango
except that he does it by ******
i hope youre unhappy now
cuz i sure as hell am just talking bull right now

∫unk

Smash Master
there's recent videos of vex ****** mk/icy's, atomsk ****** mk/snake, gambaranai ****** mk/snake, and me getting ***** by olimar/falco lol

Vayseth

Smash Master
Man, turns out, I do waaaay better with DDD even in crap match ups. Just sticking to him from now on.

EDIT: We've lost 9B. He seems to be going ICs only now. Tournament results up!

Laem

Smash Champion
xaaaanaaduuu
that was good vex
and lol @ stale iceblock john xD
i personally hate the d3 vs ic MU
but i've barely played it which is probably reason #1.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I play almost only D3 on wifi for lulz also vs ICs, Falco and MK. It's stupid once the ICs know how to approach with sideB correctly. Idk why Meep would never do it - D3 can't even SDI his fat *** out of it -.-

:059:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Lol I use DDD for the wrong matchups. Lain was like "I don't know why you wanna use him against Pikachu". Honestly I just felt like being stupid. Even in tournament lol Sometimes its fun to just do stupid **** and get away with it.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I agree. D3-Pikachu is hard, but there are much worst MUs for us (MK and Olimar are my personal hardest out of his bad MUs...ICs can be difficult too, it goes both ways).

Don't let anyone down you for using a character you want to use in hard MUs.

It's your choice. We need to repp D3 anyways. All of his MUs are doable. They almost all come down to patience...

Although I've been picking up Snake, Falco, and GnW lately for some roughies. So, I'm kind of hypocritical. Haha, never went anyone but D3 in tournament yet though.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I think from now on, I'm just gonna go all Dedede. Like, I played an IC's and I felt like I was doing much better than I normally do with Snake. I just have to play smart.....really smart......like, genius level.

Also, I suck against Lucas. ._.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I never really left, honestly. I tried to make Snake work, but I just kept gravitating back to Dedede. After that MD/VA crew battle, hopefully Vex will follow suit.

Coney

Smash Master
i think some people just gravitate to some characters...i could never play anyone more than ddd personally, he's way too much fun for me

good to have you back! ICs are impossible when the MU is played correctly, as is MK...but just pick up a second and you'll be fine. so long as that second is good enough, that is. my wario is garbage right now but...one day...

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i think some people just gravitate to some characters...i could never play anyone more than ddd personally, he's way too much fun for me

good to have you back! ICs are impossible when the MU is played correctly, as is MK...but just pick up a second and you'll be fine. so long as that second is good enough, that is. my wario is garbage right now but...one day...
Coney get on AIM ;]

Coney

Smash Master
i can't! i'm @ a friend's house

i'm honestly watching the videos of you against candy over and over though, i didn't know bair was actually a good move in the MU, i've always been too afraid to use it...

i'll be able to talk tomorrow or sompin

ZTD | TECHnology

I kind of hate how no matter how hard I try I gravitate back to Snake. I guess I just have a natural affinity for him. And I guess there indeed a reason why we pick our first mains. I'm keeping D3 in my pocket and having Lain help me develop him though.

I went to my first out of state tourney and it reminded me why is it I picked up Snake and it also taught me to have faith in my main. Yay tournies.

Oh and I have to say this about D3: I'm very glad I'm picked up him because I was forced to learn to be more patient with him. Impatience used to screw me over when I played Snake. But I always found it interesting how you can learn skills and playstyles from other characters that can translate over to your main. My Snake has gotten a lot better now that I play slower and more patiently. <3 D3.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
My Ganon has suffered and improved from playing Dedede. I keep going for a grab as Ganon lately, which is awful unless you're pivot grabbing, which I always inevitably end up tripping or rolling by accident. Definitely have to practice that more.

But the biggest thing Dedede has helped me with is learning to use my tilts a lot more, and has definitely improved my spacing by a lot. I'm still a bit predictable, but I'm more worried about getting the basic technique down. Unpredictability can come after I know my options and can plan accordingly. These random paragraphs are brought to you by the letter 4 and the number Q.

So yeah, I'm hoping to see some of you at a tourney. Need to practice my Ganon against the Dedede matchup.

And ICs not playing properly... I'm personally of the opinion that they are at or just below the level of MK, which has nothing to do with playing Ganon. The main problem is that it seems they're entire game revolves around getting a grab, when they have a massive amount of other options. I mean, the Ganon matchup is not 100:0 because of the CG. It's 100:0 because an IC playing at his best will never let us hit them because of Blizzard and Squall.

I personally hate playing ICs with any character almost as much as I hate the Diddy matchup.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I kind of hate how no matter how hard I try I gravitate back to Snake. I guess I just have a natural affinity for him. And I guess there indeed a reason why we pick our first mains. I'm keeping D3 in my pocket and having Lain help me develop him though.

I went to my first out of state tourney and it reminded me why is it I picked up Snake and it also taught me to have faith in my main. Yay tournies.

Oh and I have to say this about D3: I'm very glad I'm picked up him because I was forced to learn to be more patient with him. Impatience used to screw me over when I played Snake. But I always found it interesting how you can learn skills and playstyles from other characters that can translate over to your main. My Snake has gotten a lot better now that I play slower and more patiently. <3 D3.
Plus, D3/Snake over double Snake if you ever team with DL again. That infinite you got on me pretty much decided the third round in our set. Too bad infinites are gonna be banned at the next DB now, the TO's finally realized they didn't have that in the rules after I told them you infinited me. >.<

And it takes time to get used to a new main. Don't Blink 5 was the first tournament I went all D3, I never even thought about using ROB. I was gravitating back to him in the last few tournaments and lost because of it, so I just kept telling myself D3 was better. I guess that doesn't work when your old main is Snake though, haha.

ZTD | TECHnology

Plus, D3/Snake over double Snake if you ever team with DL again. That infinite you got on me pretty much decided the third round in our set. Too bad infinites are gonna be banned at the next DB now, the TO's finally realized they didn't have that in the rules after I told them you infinited me. >.<

And it takes time to get used to a new main. Don't Blink 5 was the first tournament I went all D3, I never even thought about using ROB. I was gravitating back to him in the last few tournaments and lost because of it, so I just kept telling myself D3 was better. I guess that doesn't work when your old main is Snake though, haha.
Yeah that honestly couldve gone either way until I landed the infinite on you. I wanted to make sure that it was legal but as you said there was nothing in the ruleset >_<

And I tried to go all D3 but..Snake...lol I can still do good with him even when play half-***** lol I always end up using him in tournament. Its just a reminder of how much I actually still enjoy him despite the fact I try to deny it.

Why did you go to D3 anyway I meant to ask you that? I don't know but I know of you.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah that honestly couldve gone either way until I landed the infinite on you. I wanted to make sure that it was legal but as you said there was nothing in the ruleset >_<

And I tried to go all D3 but..Snake...lol I can still do good with him even when play half-***** lol I always end up using him in tournament. Its just a reminder of how much I actually still enjoy him despite the fact I try to deny it.

Why did you go to D3 anyway I meant to ask you that? I don't know but I know of you.
What do you mean? Why do I play D3 over ROB now?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I meant to say that I heard you were a reputable ROB main. What made you switch to DDD?
I was reputable? I never heard of this. XD I pretty much got dead last in every tournament I entered as ROB. Not to say much has changed, but I do better with DDD, and I feel more comfortable with him. DDD was always my secondary when I started playing competitively, and even though I never practiced with him, I usually did better with him. It's weird. The first tournament I ever entered with 0 intention to go ROB was Don't Blink 2, and I didn't get dead last, that's pretty much when I started moving away from ROB and more towards DDD, and eventually IC's, but I'm still working on them.

Also, MK. Nuff said.

ZTD | TECHnology

I don't think I've ever gone a whole tournament without using Snake once. Every time I feel the pressure I end up using him. Oh well can't complain. He's Snake. And because of that I have zero interest in Metaknight. Except maybe in doubles when I wanna be gay. It almost worked on Arty lol

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
I use ics and ddd about the same amount. Ics take care of ddd's bad matchups and ddd takes care of ics bad matchups so I don't really know who I main or second lol

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I used ic's and did fairly well but, I just felt like they're not for me. I may go back, but if I do it'd probably be at the point where i'm playing to truly win/get money.

Top Bottom