• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
not sure if my diddy is at that status yet. + his bro plays diddy, so ill probably just get beat like gnes did. And considering my diddy isnt as good as his.. yeah..

snake may work. Not sure about mk ditto.

I may just go DDD but meh.... thats like playing Russian roulette.

i dunno ill have to think this one thru pretty hard

i wish i knew how to play with ness.....that or sonic LOL.

oh.. and whatever happened to that 1 ddd girl?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
DewDaDash when it comes down to cp'ing and you realize the person has experience in all area's you just simply have to play who you're most comfortable with.

Diddy-The man beat gnes, but if you have a different style then it may be worth it. Try it out if you're comfortable.
Mk Ditto-......You don't want to do that
Snake-......You also don't want to do this.
DDD-BINGOOOO

or Diddy.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
hmmm so are you saying go DDD? because if thats true, then im going to have to pull out a miracle in order to win this mu.

oh, and I feel these boards needs another thread besides this one. I'm just not sure what exactly. This is like the only thread that isnt sticked or just a straight up guide.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Snake/Dedede?

Falco, Olimar, and Pikachu are still a fairly large problem. If you're comfortable with those matchups, then go for it I guess.

Coney

Smash Master
i don't understand why you would ever second ddd as snake

seconding snake as ddd makes sense as it kinda takes care of MK, ICs, has a better MU with falco and some others

but like, who does ddd beat that snake doesn't? i really can't think of anything.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I was a Snake main and I ended up picking up D3 mainly because of the overpopulation of Snakes.

And personally I like the Pikachu matchup a lot better as D3. Also we do better against Wario than Snake and most Snakes consider Wario to have a slight advantage. From my perspective it makes sense because I live in Michigan. For AvoiD not sure how worth it it'll be.

But Snakes should not be looking to switch to D3 for Falco really. That's an even (stupid) matchup. Olimar does Snake and I don't see how its any better as D3. Pikachu either. But from a personal perspective I like D3 in those matches better. I'm the only active DDD main in Michigan <_<

ZTD | TECHnology

You know they say Snake vs Pikachu is even but I don't believe it. That CG just tips the scales in the little electic rodent's favor too much. Like seriously we get D-Throw CGed until like 90 AND Up-Smashed out of it?? That match is like 45-55 I believe personally. Viable Pikachu experience: Anther. <_<

D3 seems to do a better job I suppose when I think about it. On stage is pretty good for us there. I was watching a match between Coney and Pikapika and as long as we don't let Pikachu Edgegay us we can totally win it if we're smart, liberal with our B-throws and space F-Tilt and B-air correctly.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I'm amazing at the Snake ditto.

And prob cause everyone already knows the Snake MU, why not mix it up a bit, you dont' see to many DDD's placing that well, I'll change that. ;)

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm amazing at the Snake ditto.

And prob cause everyone already knows the Snake MU, why not mix it up a bit, you dont' see to many DDD's placing that well, I'll change that. ;)
That's my goal too! :) I wish you luck :D

@Fogo: I'm hoping Olimar will be handled once I get over my tournament anxiety with Falco. I do so well in friendlies but in tournament I fail with him because I get hasty for the kill after a while. Its because I'm used to fat-*** killing machines. Any suggestions for this?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
@Fogo: I'm hoping Olimar will be handled once I get over my tournament anxiety with Falco. I do so well in friendlies but in tournament I fail with him because I get hasty for the kill after a while. Its because I'm used to fat-*** killing machines. Any suggestions for this?

Basically what I for mu's like that is enter the game with the mindset of winning by time out. Then when you get that kill at 2 mins you feel like it came early. Rinse and repeat, lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

Basically what I for mu's like that is enter the game with the mindset of winning by time out. Then when you get that kill at 2 mins you feel like it came early. Rinse and repeat, lol.
Hmm...I've been reluctant in trying this but perhaps you're right. I feel like if I could unlock the full potential of my Falco like I can in friendlies then it would supplement my DDD very well. This funny that you mention that because I play very very defensively as D3 and I often time people out but its not my active mindset with DDD. I'm used to killing people early as him but I know that being hasty with the kill for DDD is dumb. ....

Oh my god why did this never click as a Falco player?

I think I just solved my own issue.

ZTD | TECHnology

I don't know if I should feel intelligent for figuring that out on my own or stupid for just now figuring that out when I had the answer in front of me the entire time?

Also when can we start discussing other matchups actively. I do like these discussions and right now this is what I need to learn the most a D3 main. It's difficult switching over characters so deep into the game. The traits of the character and knowing when to use what isn't so bad. Learning another set of matchups as another character kinda is.

∫unk

Smash Master
If you have a fresh b-air it's a lot easier to kill people... including opening up moves other than your b-air.

It's up to you to figure out how you get that. Most of my kills are random or a b-air near the ledge.

Question: Where is DDD's semi-spike on his d-air?

edit: nooo someone posted in the other thread.

ZTD | TECHnology

See, I'm trying a lot more consciously to not become overzealous in getting the Up-Tilt kill. Though I've been trying to learn to time the SA frames on it...its extremely difficult. My bair is staled by the time I get mid-match so I don't actively try to kill with it. Is there like some balance I should be attaining with using Bair for damage and then killing? Its rare I get an Up-Smash off and D-Smash does work but its hard. I've mindgamed more F-Smash kills than any other smash kills. It just seems like he has all these kill moves to choose from but you have to be very diligent when you use them.I'm not sure if the route I take with killing is supposed to be a certain way or if its just a matter of style. I thought all DDD mains played the same until I became one <_<

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
take the up tilt kills when they are given to you. no need to try any harder for a move like that. its not like theyre going to be killing you any earlier than you kill them.

and for the record, if you grab some one over 100, you can 2x pummel, down throw, 2x pummel, down/back/f throw, and thats 6 moves right there, that pretty much makes bair fresh enough to kill again anyway.

ZTD | TECHnology

I do like my Forward Tilt pokes. And that is good advice. I just need to get more experience is all. I love DDD because I feel very comfortable with him and I'm motivated to play with him. And mostly because I make less mistakes with him. Just bad decisions due to inexperience. I figure with time and more smashfests and stuff ill be good enough. I REALLY want to beat Anther lol that's my first goal :D

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
take the up tilt kills when they are given to you. no need to try any harder for a move like that. its not like theyre going to be killing you any earlier than you kill them.

and for the record, if you grab some one over 100, you can 2x pummel, down throw, 2x pummel, down/back/f throw, and thats 6 moves right there, that pretty much makes bair fresh enough to kill again anyway.
I could see somebody mashing out of that if it's early 100's.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
maybe, but its also easy to see people not mash out of it, its one of those things you have to make a judgment call on midgame. To be honest, there are very few serious mashers in smash that would mash in that situation. most people would just take it and just preemtively di the last throw.

ZTD | TECHnology

maybe, but its also easy to see people not mash out of it, its one of those things you have to make a judgment call on midgame. To be honest, there are very few serious mashers in smash that would mash in that situation. most people would just take it and just preemtively di the last throw.
I don't know I see and more and more people mashing like their about to break their controller to get out of my grabs. Midgame though I probably won't pummel that much. 1 time most likely. Every pummel helps after all.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I read somewhere that when pummeling with Dedede, only the first pummel counts towards move.....destale-ation. Is that true?

I listen to my opponent to see if they mash out. I've done up to four pummels during a CG before, but on the other hand, I had someone break out of a grab after one pummel at 95. Normally one pummel is safe around 90 or so.

ZTD | TECHnology

^This man speaks the truth. But from what I've seen each pummel does contribute to unstaling your moveset. I'm sure you could test it in depth personally though during a match.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this doesn't have anything to do with what y'all are talking about, but I just have a quick question.
I don't see anyone tech chasing anymore, none of the pro dedede's I see do it in recent videos, like the MLG one's, I use it a lot with my friends, is there something I missed and there's a easy way to escape it or is it just to risky to do? If it's a risk I'll take it because I feel that I'm pretty good at it

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Okay, this doesn't have anything to do with what y'all are talking about, but I just have a quick question.
I don't see anyone tech chasing anymore, none of the pro dedede's I see do it in recent videos, like the MLG one's, I use it a lot with my friends, is there something I missed and there's a easy way to escape it or is it just to risky to do? If it's a risk I'll take it because I feel that I'm pretty good at it
Bthrow = 2 Dthrows

Top Bottom