• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I found that Swallow works pretty well. It effectively separates them, and it's pretty safe when used correctly.

If they don't approach, and they have the damage advantage, just approach while Power Shielding their Ice Blocks. If they're using/spamming Blizzard, you can use Ftilt, which will normally trade hits, but it'll put you in an advantageous position.

But, that's just me.
How can you use inhale.... you just get hit by the other climber...

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Whenever I use it, I was able to safely spit them out every time. Doesn't he have invincibility frames during the move? No, I'm not referring to the Grab Armor.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Inhale works when you spit immediately. You get invincibility for like a second at which you spit the other IC out without getting jabbed.

∫unk

Smash Master
no inhale doesn't work i get f-smashed or blizzard/ice block (these aren't that bad though)

also ic's walking f-smash beats standing pivot grab, but i can shield and grab them back if i anticipate it, if they go into a dash then you f-roll if they keep walking you b-roll

i got the timing for standing pivot grab better but the ic's still gets inside if i use it too much i dunno maybe just me

how do you guys get back from the ledge/land (even on platforms) vs icys?

also what seibrik said about footstooling icy's into d-air makes no sense to me, i always go too high with full hop d-air, ledge hop d-air, and foostool d-air :( and it puts me in the air and i have to land which is hard to do

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Ledge jump airdodge.

Footstooling IC's I don't recommend because you can get grabbed before you jump off of the IC's head.

CO18

Smash Hero
The mu is horrible change chars if a ddd beats lain then ill change my opinion right now i still think its his worst mu but after playing lain i sad

RichBrown

Smash Master
Can't you just throw your little ****s at ICs then hide behind them

I'd probably just try to grab ICs then throw popo away and then charge an fsmash/dsmash and have nana run into it, then time out popo lol

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Can't you just throw your little ****s at ICs then hide behind them

I'd probably just try to grab ICs then throw popo away and then charge an fsmash/dsmash and have nana run into it, then time out popo lol
You should be doing something like this tbh, not bragging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-UninVjXd4

I really don't feel waddles help that much if they blizzard, ice blocks yes, blizzard no imo.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Every time I grabbed an Ice Climber, it would always be somehow ALWAYS be Nana, and I would ALWAYS get Fsmashed. That's why I try not to do it as much, and I started using Swallow, which worked well for me.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by Stone TUSM Pilots
Every time I grabbed an Ice Climber, it would always be somehow ALWAYS be Nana, and I would ALWAYS get Fsmashed. That's why I try not to do it as much, and I started using Swallow, which worked well for me.
Won't really matter, fthrow will hit both of them.
If you fthrow, they wont have time to hit you as you hit both ICs. At least I've never been hit when getting a grab and immediately fthrowing. It's definately the best option all most all the time.

I've seen inhale work. I've done it. Just be really safe and conservative with it. I've always had enough time to inale-->spit if they don't expect it and arent ready to react to it. Sometimes the other IC isnt in a position to retaliate anyways.

Coney

Smash Master
all of these things work in the MU

the problem is

all of these things work sometimes

inhale, pivot grab, ftilt, what the **** ever

the point is, none of these are 100% safe, 100% effective

one grab still means death by hobbling

and that's why i hate this MU

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Coney by that logic, anything anyone does vs ICs isn't 100%

And for ICs going for the grab isn't 100% safe.

And running up to ICs and Fthrowing everyone offstage works occasionally when they aren't using desynched blizzards.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey--I have some information and a question.

Apparently, when the main platform on Yoshi's Island is slanted in one direction, you can fullhop D-Air with Dedede under the higher side to hit someone on the platform, and you won't be quite high enough to land, so you can use it as you would a U-Air.

Also, King Dedede does well against Marth, right?

Laem

Smash Champion

Apparently, when the main platform on Yoshi's Island is slanted in one direction, you can fullhop D-Air with Dedede under the higher side to hit someone on the platform, and you won't be quite high enough to land, so you can use it as you would a U-Air.

yeah, dair's hitbox is quite good
dedede vs marth is at least even, at most 6-4 advantage, i know marths say its our advantage; not really sure what the ddd players say :p

edit
YO CO18 DID U C HOW MUCH GLUTONNY SUCKS AT SDI'ING SNAKES NAIR U MUSTVE BEEN ROFLING EVERYTIME EUROPE SUCK SO BAD AT THAT OLOLO

Coney

Smash Master
Coney by that logic, anything anyone does vs ICs isn't 100%

And for ICs going for the grab isn't 100% safe.

And running up to ICs and Fthrowing everyone offstage works occasionally when they aren't using desynched blizzards.
sure, but some characters have effective "do this and you might be okay" things. MKs dair camp, snakes nade everywhere, even falco can just laser camp

we're vulnerable at all times...dair spacing is probably the best thing we can do, and even that is susceptible to eating a few uairs

that fthrow thing is definitely true though. ddd just has to play extremely opportunistic...he can get some reeeally good gimps and early kills on nana by separation, and the match can turn around in a heartbeat, but it's so volatile and we have to play it so much smarter

yiss

you can also buffer a dair out of getting off the ledge and the dair hitbox is so wide it'll hit someone standing immediately on the ledge

yeah he does well against marth, i honestly don't know if he BEATS marth (i think it's 55-45) but he does very well

far better than PT if that's what you're asking

and i suspect it is

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You are correct. I'm trying to find characters to use in order to beat my stupidly difficult matchups, and I think I could learn how to play Dedede.

Coney

Smash Master
well tbh ddd/marth isn't an auto-win at all, especially not against a marth that knows what he's doing

if kadaj is your problem, i know he has an issue with ddd so you might be able to pull that one off, we've only played once ever, in tourney, and he didn't seem to know the MU too well

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
well tbh ddd/marth isn't an auto-win at all, especially not against a marth that knows what he's doing

if kadaj is your problem, i know he has an issue with ddd so you might be able to pull that one off, we've only played once ever, in tourney, and he didn't seem to know the MU too well
No, it's not Kadaj specifically; I just have serious problems with sword characters.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Luis, why didn't you ask Raf to teach you D3.

Although I don't think D3's playstyle would suit you, do what you must.

∫unk

Smash Master
You should be doing something like this tbh, not bragging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-UninVjXd4

I really don't feel waddles help that much if they blizzard, ice blocks yes, blizzard no imo.
I've seen this, but Meep just keeps RUNNING and APPROACHING.

That's not to say I didn't learn anything from the video, but me and the local IC's have played out what you used to keep beating Meep, and there are counters which lead to grabs or horrible positions for DDD :(

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I've seen this, but Meep just keeps RUNNING and APPROACHING.

That's not to say I didn't learn anything from the video, but me and the local IC's have played out what you used to keep beating Meep, and there are counters which lead to grabs or horrible positions for DDD :(
Well, of course there are if your not mixing it up. I've stated before in a video asking me how I felt about the match with him that I didn't think Meep played well, however what I was doing can work.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Luis, why didn't you ask Raf to teach you D3.

Although I don't think D3's playstyle would suit you, do what you must.
I spent a couple hours today beating all his characters with Dedede. Feels good, man. Somehow, poking with F-Tilt and throwing Waddle Dees doesn't feel much like camping.

Top Bottom