• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm kinda somewhere around there more or less. Like, Im watching it but you seem to airdodge after the 1st grab towards the ground. What I'm trying to do is footstool and throw nana down, sends diddy kong back, DI --> then footstool, throw nana down, DI <--- or --> footstool, throw nana down then air dodge to the ground and start the whole thing over again. But im stuck at the 2nd DI part, of it going either <--- or ---->. And that's just it, I cant figure it out. Sometimes I think i have it only for diddy kong to go <--- when i expected him to go ---> or vice versa. I've been reading the diddy kong boards and I think i've been DIing before the footstool which is what causes diddy kong to go in the wrong direction. Because with just a foot stool with no DI, diddy kong will go back if im correct. I dunno, i gotta practice this more.

This is almost as frustrating as when I tried mastering IC's Cg, and I quit on that a long time ago <_<

The most i can seem to get with this is like 3 footstools w/ naners --> to a bair. Thats about the only legit simple combo i can seem to pull off. 0 to death may take awhile

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the three repitions into a bair is probably all that its worth. after that the nanner hits do like less than 2% a piece so its almost not worth doing.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
there isnt anything wrong with being optimistic.
Just to clear this up for you... there IS.
There's also a weakness with pessimists. I won't go into details but all personality types have their strengths and weaknesses, definitely.
No personality type is better than the other. They all have their ups and downs. If you want me to explain why, I'll be glad to do so. I can give you a whole lesson on psychology.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello DDD boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a DDD main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Hello DDD boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a DDD main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!
So like, who exactly are the pupils? Because like, I'm down for mentoring ddd, sure no doubt, but I really want to learn diddy kong >_<

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Diddy kong's a bad character you shouldn'y play him play ike cuz he da best and u can have the honour of playing wit honor. all ya gotta jab and ike is REALLY good. I lost to jems ike it's realy good

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Diddy kong's a bad character you shouldn'y play him play ike cuz he da best and u can have the honour of playing wit honor. all ya gotta jab and ike is REALLY good. I lost to jems ike it's realy good
lol wut? Any character besides MK is honorable. You play diddy kong lmao. U trollin? :laugh:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I'm kinda somewhere around there more or less. Like, Im watching it but you seem to airdodge after the 1st grab towards the ground. What I'm trying to do is footstool and throw nana down, sends diddy kong back, DI --> then footstool, throw nana down, DI <--- or --> footstool, throw nana down then air dodge to the ground and start the whole thing over again. But im stuck at the 2nd DI part, of it going either <--- or ---->. And that's just it, I cant figure it out. Sometimes I think i have it only for diddy kong to go <--- when i expected him to go ---> or vice versa. I've been reading the diddy kong boards and I think i've been DIing before the footstool which is what causes diddy kong to go in the wrong direction. Because with just a foot stool with no DI, diddy kong will go back if im correct. I dunno, i gotta practice this more.

This is almost as frustrating as when I tried mastering IC's Cg, and I quit on that a long time ago <_<

The most i can seem to get with this is like 3 footstools w/ naners --> to a bair. Thats about the only legit simple combo i can seem to pull off. 0 to death may take awhile
i dont get why diddy would be going in another direction for u since in my small vid hes going back and forth

but yea, after u throw the naner down on his head he goes a direction thats when you should start diing back to him and you can z catch the naner as u di towards him, then restart the situation over again with another footstool

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
i dont get why diddy would be going in another direction for u since in my small vid hes going back and forth

but yea, after u throw the naner down on his head he goes a direction thats when you should start diing back to him and you can z catch the naner as u di towards him, then restart the situation over again with another footstool
I dont know, the whole thing is just confusing. I was getting it down with diddy kong a bit, but when i use ddd its seems like its different for some reason.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
keep practicing its a very strange input command you have to do so it takes some time to get use too

Dark-

I am absolutely in love with that Piplup with DDD hat/hammer sprite. Where did you get it/did you make it/can I have a copy? =)
i made it myself, just took ripped copies of the sprites i found on the net and put them together as if i were entering piplup in a contest in D/P

heres the sprite itself
if you look closely i have an eyelash coming off her eye

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i showed keen some follow up stuff for doubles with peach

then i told him about excel zero / ling ling
i can feel some magik happen' already

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

i agree with beef.

if you could learn how to get off the ledge with lucario, since that seemed to be getting you *****, but if you could learn how to get off the ledge safely, I would tell you to drop ddd. every other time your luc was super on point. i might have to get in some lucario dittoes next time we meet.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
well i got 2 stocked by crows link for messing around too much at the ledge XD

at delfino vs his pt i was also making mistakes too

ill never drop ddd whats with da hate >:I!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
he feels atm he can see the plat tow he wants to get to with peach, however he said he just needs more practice

its just nice seeing how invigorated he is over smash since ppl typically get frustrated over it, even when we were playing doubles against other people on sat. He was hitting me in teams and was like "omg sorry" i was like " lol dont worry about it im on ddd XD, hes built to handle this"

where did everyone go :(

RATED

Smash Lord
soft delicate curves, those lightly touched shades of passionate wavey petunia pinks and snow powered beak n feet, married to a gentle moonlit silver crown joined with a downy coat of white and rose pink. Sown tenderly together with little bits of heavenly draped stars and a white kimono glittering like the dawns newly fallen snow

gentlemen i give you pink ddd

it REALLY! needs to be green, really. xD

Hi Giant hammer wielding penguins mainers.

also I saw on some post a epic Piplup with DDD's hat and hammer

Top Bottom