• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Ic3berg

Smash Cadet
I just wrote some long posts in the thread but overall I think right now its 70-30 in mk's favor but that's only because d3's don't know the matchup as well as they should.

This is coming from playing jem/eggz every tourny, playing with a bunch of wc players in general, talking to a lot of top level players, and watching the top east coast d3's play vs mk.

We just all need to get together and talk about it haha

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
D3s not knowing the MK matchup what is this? MK is the most played character in the game; How could you not know the matchup.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the DDD Vs MK matchup in a nutshell:

it's 50/50, will explain this at the bottom of the post.

every ddd that REALLY knows the mk matchup

doesn't play ddd vs mk

thus, anytime u see a ddd playing against mk, he clearly does not know the matchup

so i say it's 50/50.

theres a 50% chance the ddd player will not play ddd, and a 50% chance the mk player will win.

Exdeath

Smash Master
the DDD Vs MK matchup in a nutshell:

it's 50/50, will explain this at the bottom of the post.

every ddd that REALLY knows the mk matchup

doesn't play ddd vs mk

thus, anytime u see a ddd playing against mk, he clearly does not know the matchup

so i say it's 50/50.

theres a 50% chance the ddd player will not play ddd, and a 50% chance the mk player will win.
Seibrik with some real talk.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
D3s not knowing the MK matchup what is this? MK is the most played character in the game; How could you not know the matchup.
Like Serin said, everybody knows how to play against MK.... we all know what to do.

The difference between:
1.) knowing a non-MK matchup completely
2.) knowing the MK matchup completely

Is that MK can still **** you...even if you know the matchup completely because he has a distinct advantage as a character.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its unfortunate how bad d3 gets handled by mk.

when people truly realise what a good MK that knows the matchup can do to their character, thats what leads alot of people to switch mains.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
actually, sonic doesnt suffer from this too much. characters that are thought to be good but for some in depth reason, get ***** by MK are usually the ones that fall prey to this. Since the people know the ins and outs of their character, they know what their biggest flaws are, and once an MK player learns these things, they dont have as much desire to play the character.

good examples of this are Seibrik, and NEO (assuming from the song that he does in fact play MK now.)

sonic mains (and mains of other bad characters) understand that their character is bad, and just decide to play him anyway.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So like... as much as I want to say that ddd *****... I think it's time to pick up a new main and/or a secondary. I've been thinking, and I truly hate characters such as zss, pikachu, mk, olimar. But I think I know the answer. But it ain't MK. MK da bess, but I think i can do better. Gonna take about a month or so of good solid practice but I think I can do it ;).

Oh and ^^^, mk matchup is gay. Only thing that seems to work is clockout, and thats pretty homo

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I've been practicing my new secondary as well, it seems like I kind of ignored this character forever but they match my playstyle completely. Because they're just like dedede....

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
oo u mean that hella manly guy

i got one of those in my pocket coat too aww yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i was just going to assume than any black people that were talking about picking up a secondary was gonna go falco.

I did it, worked out pretty well for me...

Ic3berg

Smash Cadet
He doesn't have that much of an advantage as a character though. He has the advantage in the air and edgeguarding. Tornado shouldn't **** d3 as bad as it should. Everytime a d3's shield is drained via tornado its the players fault. If you powershield the nado it drains barely any. Also you can shield grab if they stay on your shield. If they dont then you can roll away and reset the neutral position.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Somebody needs to get ***** by a good mk....

Nado is not the biggest problem in this matchup, it's the fact that if you're forced to up+b your stock is as good as gone.

Ic3berg

Smash Cadet
Yep because you definitely know which metaknights I've played =)

Then don't be forced to up b and if you do make sure you mix up the heights so it isn't blatantly obvious where you're gonna be.

Ic3berg

Smash Cadet
LOL I never said I was really good vs mk. I guess you can be cocky and not help with the matchup, that's cool too.

I lose to mk's, im not just going to say its unwinnable. I've gotten ***** by m2k too. It's just I can see that d3 has potential in that matchup and we could all work together to try and figure this out. I'm not calling anyone out saying they're a bad player, obviously you've done a lot as d3 but you should see that d3 has options for mk or at least open your mind to the idea of it.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
what do u think we've been doin back here? ******* around?

we've tried figuring out the mu, hell half the reason i initially picked up mk was to figure out any weaknesses ddd could exploit.

know what i found?

more ways to gay ddd, stupid side effect of maining mk now.

i can tell u from both sides, unless the ddd gets a big and early lead, the matchup is nowhere near even.

if the ddd has a big and early lead it becomes 55/45 mk

when its tied its 65/45

when mk has a lead

its at LEAST 70/30 cause all mk has to do to completly shut down ddd's approach is sit far away just outside of ftilt range and REACT to every little thing he does, jump away is usually safe if the mk is scared.

bam, matchup discussed.

(ps, i've had talks with co18 about this, and various other ddd's AND mk's in person)

go oos, or stfu

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i just hate it when ddd's call me out on not knowin **** or thinkin i havn't been tryin, or WE havn't been tryin or w.e.

people with low post counts should not be allowed to speak or make accusations of others. it should be infraction worthy

Ic3berg

Smash Cadet
Nice ability knowing my tournament history and who I've talked to haha

I guess I could just post bull**** so I can get a higher post count or I could actually try discussing matchups.

I'm not trying to call you out saying you've never discussed the matchup anyone LOL
It's obvious you and co18 + MANY others have in the past. That doesn't mean the metagame for d3 is dead and shouldn't be talked about again.
You guys have helped make d3 at least decent vs mk + many other matchups so far so why not continue it?

How does he shut down every approach? F tilt/jab/bair/dash -> shield/using waddles to extend hitboxes can be viable if you mix them up and not be predictable (not trying to call you predictable if you're gonna take offense from this =/ )

Those can all be punished but so can almost any move in the game its just how you space it/mix it up.

That isn't actually discussing a matchup and there's no reason to get mad at me for trying to talk to you.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the difference is
allot of times in even matchups, approaches, regardless of who's winning or losing, comes down to legit mixup

when mk has the lead, he can REACT to 80% of ddd's approaches every time if he's standing still

Ic3berg

Smash Cadet
Okay so he can react to 80%

So lets discuss what moves he would use on reaction and how to bait this possibly

What about the other 20%?

Also what about using waddles to mix up timing of moves?

I think there is something more than "you're losing so you have to approach with ftilt/shield -> grab" in this matchup. I've put a lot of effort into studying myself and with other west coast d3's and its been tough thats why I made a smashboards so I can talk with good east coast d3's

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
What's the best thing dedede can do vs mk? stay chill as hell. If you play a good enough dedede and you aren't doing stupid mistakes then you just got a whole lot better vs. mk. some mks are good but get impatient and make stupid mistakes towards the end of the which makes you win.

but otherwise the matchup is stupid and I would main someone else if you're that serious about the game, but just do whatever floats your boat.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
LOL Dayum, Seibrik goin ultra douchebag mode for no ****in reason at all. Calm the **** down and dont be a cocky douchebag you ****in needledick babygirl

-Eggz

Top Bottom