• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

T3h Albino

Smash Master
LOL Dayum, Seibrik goin ultra douchebag mode for no ****in reason at all. Calm the **** down and dont be a cocky douchebag you ****in needledick babygirl

-Eggz
...Are you stupid?

This guy WHO NOBODY KNOWS comes into a thread, discrediting people *and their research* and posting theorycraft bull****. And when someone calls them out on their **** *regardless of the demeanor*, they're being a "Cocky douchebag needledick babygirl"?

SMH get that bs out of here pleasekthnx.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i dont mind getting on seconds for mk

ive known its been bad for awhile, however like i said before though i dont have a dynamic full understanding of the mu for ddd yet. Prolly wont waste time on it since my seconds have a much better chance.

the difference is
allot of times in even matchups, approaches, regardless of who's winning or losing, comes down to legit mixup

when mk has the lead, he can REACT to 80% of ddd's approaches every time if he's standing still
but basically what seibrik said, mk can shut down DDDs options like lol easy. So after MK gets the lead? DDDs very 1 dimensional easy to read mix ups will be a breeze for the mk to shut down

if the mk in doubt? tornado, such a easy move to fall apon, easy to execute, and safest damage racking in da game. He da bees man

seibrik where that ddd robe pic you promised >:U

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Dewdadash who do you 2nd?
ehh, well it used to be MK... but after losing to to puma in a mk ditto >_>"...

I'm thinking about pulling out one of them kongs. All of the bad mus, this guy can handle, and hell, now i can create psnl instead of making it only situational. But like i said, im still in the learning mode with this guy. Oh, and he feels a lot like melee which is nice, in terms of technical ability.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
diddy is hella fun though. i mean u get to play with a super awesome item and hes got fun tricks with it

yea he cant kill but who cares when you got nanas to work with XD

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
thats why i get on snake/wario for the variation and more technical aspect, it just refreshes my thinking and gets me offa playing ddd

i just love playing with nades omg, nade toss into platform, into a slant, nade drop, nade drop to grab, nade to pickup to aerials

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ice climbers be mad
falco he be mad
dat bird that flew into my window be mad
my neighbors be hella mads

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im srs dude ive had at least 2-3 birds die because they fly right into our windows -_-

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
People should start posting in the mk matchup thread. D3 shouldn't lose the matchup as bad as he does atm =P

All the d3's need to start talking about this so we can improve on it
The only reason I ever come close at all to MKs now is cause they are dumb and do not know how to kill DDD. For example vs Judge, I went DDD due to assuming he doesn't have a large amount of DDD practice. In the end it should have payed off with me winning game 1. However, instead of bairing, I fell and air dodged(Johns). Either way, the match was highly in judge's favor until it got to the time in which he had to kill me.

DDD vs MK is 40ish/60ish MK. There isn't much to talk about in the match besides don't get ***** by tornado, and don't lose % lead.

Every character should play as though if they lose the % lead, they lost the match vs MK

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
for me only have gone to 1 tournament as of yet and only playing like 5 rounds atomsk i completely agree. I got counter picked to norfair in my set with snack attack. And that is EXACTLY the first thing that came to my mind, Get the lead, BE VERY GAY, and run away n HIDE behind lava

it worked soooo well O_O

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
The min the DDD gains percent vs MK they should just 9B him. However, gaining the percent lead is the challenging part

Doing that also made DDD vs Pikachu possibly in DDDs favor imo, since I haven't dropped a set to Esam yet doing that.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i believe it, i believe fo so

its like i always say

be gay, then when u get the umad gayed, unzip the pants, take the stuff out. GAY THEM back, and proceed to continue being gay.

thats what rb did to me lololols

Ic3berg

Smash Cadet
Alright guess that's all there needs to be talked about the matchup =P

No one knows me so that means my opinions could never count =(

I blatantly said I was trying to discredit anyone. Seibrik just took it as that. The metagame for d3 isn't dead, it still can change.

I understand that ALL of you have talked about this before and I'm saying why give up completely when we could just start posting in the mk thread more and test more stuff out and talk more about it.

It's not theorycrafting when I practice this regularly lol, I'm just posting my thoughts but I guess that means I should get an infraction since I have a low post count and I should just polejock pros instead

Yea beef you should go to washington and take our money then haha I mean its like $200 for a flight and you could easily make that back and more if you fly up and win.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I blatantly said I was trying to discredit anyone. Seibrik just took it as that. The metagame for d3 isn't dead, it still can change.
see VVVV

The only reason I ever come close at all to MKs now is cause they are dumb and do not know how to kill DDD. For example vs Judge, I went DDD due to assuming he doesn't have a large amount of DDD practice. In the end it should have payed off with me winning game 1. However, instead of bairing, I fell and air dodged(Johns). Either way, the match was highly in judge's favor until it got to the time in which he had to kill me.

DDD vs MK is 40ish/60ish MK. There isn't much to talk about in the match besides don't get ***** by tornado, and don't lose % lead.

Every character should play as though if they lose the % lead, they lost the match vs MK
the mu is pretty much what atomsk said =\

To a degree i believe D3s metagame is dead. But there are very few things lefts rly to talk about

Ic3berg

Smash Cadet
If you think his metagame is dead then alright

Sorry for offending people by saying it could change and trying to talk about it

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
there isnt anything wrong with being optimistic. The prob with DDD is his move set is similar to kirby's in that both do not have loosely programed moves to play with. Characters like Snake, Tink have alot more growth, and potential because of the way Snake is programmed to hold then drop/throw nades. And tink's projectiles is were his meta game is obvi because of the nature of how his projectiles work in game.

DDD does not have these tools to work with, because he is cannon much like everyone in the Zelda tier. His move set comes from the Kirby games, as does Kirby's moveset and Meta Knights. As a result all 3 tend to share that common 1 dimensionality with the one arguable exception being MK. MK is in his own ledge due to 1. transcendent priority, 2. omfg the DISJOINTs, 3. tornado/SL , 4. ability to use all specials to recover, 5. use of glide to boost momentum in the air, 6. 5 jumps, 7. excellent ground speed and kill power.

His weakness? He dies respectability early, and has very slow forward momentum in the air. However his uair is one of the best DIing tools in the game sooo...yea. While we could argue MK is 1 dimensional[tornado!!!] lols the thing is he has so many options me saying hes 1 dimensional is pretty much flawed on alot of levels.

The prob ppl have with MK is all you have to do is press a button, hes so easy to use. Were as with other characters it takes a degree of AT usage and effort. MK can pretty much cover all options due to factors i already listed above. He, to be blunt, over comes his obvious weaknesses with what hes been given to him in his move set. He is perfection in brawl.

oop forgot to add, he can also ledge cancel specials into w/e he wants

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
for me only have gone to 1 tournament as of yet and only playing like 5 rounds atomsk i completely agree. I got counter picked to norfair in my set with snack attack. And that is EXACTLY the first thing that came to my mind, Get the lead, BE VERY GAY, and run away n HIDE behind lava

it worked soooo well O_O
I was also screaming this behind u while u played ;[

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
...Are you stupid?

This guy WHO NOBODY KNOWS comes into a thread, discrediting people *and their research* and posting theorycraft bull****. And when someone calls them out on their **** *regardless of the demeanor*, they're being a "Cocky douchebag needledick babygirl"?

SMH get that bs out of here pleasekthnx.
Pretty sure people know Mrb0jangle lol hes one of the best D3s on the west coast

Also pretty sure you're prematurely getting defensive and assuming hes trying developing a power ploy on your imaginary D3 monarchy you have established or something. *****s tryna suggest possibilities because its obvious smash is never at its limits. Accepting that something is at its limit in smash is the dumbest thing you can do.

And yeah, cocky douchebag needledick babygirl 100% describes it.

Also Washington ***** and you're a ****ing assclown. How am I not included in that list atomsk lol I have a positive record on Felix and go even with nerd in tournament. **** off

nah jk, even though thats true im bad

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So liek, I've been practicing psnl, and i think ima try to take another shot at it.

I understand that when throwing banana down at diddy, when you hit the tip of the hat it sends diddy back, and when throw the banana down on the back part of diddy, it sends him forwards ( I think, thats basically what i saw the past 2 hours practicing this)

So what I don't get it is I'll throw a banana down with ddd stepping on diddy but using the tip of ddd's feet on the right so I'll be in front of diddy kong stepping on him, so it sends diddy -->, then from there i repeat but its really confusing after wards whethere he goes <--- or --->.

Co explained how psnl works to me b4, I was dumb enough to not save the convo. Can some1 explain to me how to do this correctly and also a watered down version of it as well. I understand how it works, I just dont understand what direction the person goes half the time. Feels like im guessing which way to DI

edit: think im just going to go to the diddy boards for this. The thread is so long though >_<.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ahhh

sec ill make a vid to help u dew. its weird but once u see it you'll be like

ooooooooooooh

/e; it'll be up in 37 mins , basically get the naner jump above diddy and when u throw it at his feet he should slide forward infront of u still. If you jump above him and move screen left and throw the nana at his hands he'll slide to screen right. in psnl tho, your always hitting the back of his head and DIing/z-catching the nana to his head where he lands im not exactly sure why the mechanics do this, i just know hitting certain parts of his body invoke him to move either <--- or --->

k heres my attempt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kZ5K66APbM

i kinda mess it up here n there

Top Bottom