• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

CO18

Smash Hero
hey DE my flight comes in at like 1:40 on friday. Is that cool? I think seibrik gets in a few hours before me.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
we talked about it very briefly over aim today

they wanna wait for you to fly in before we drive downtown. However, once you get me your flight info and once i can put the stuff on my phone we'll know when you arrive. Because we all know planes dont always arrive when you expect them too

This app is so accurate ive arrived at the airport just in time to see my pick-ups plane land on the runway

dont worry about it. While we're in the terminal we'll be able to track your plane in the air using this app.

seibrik got interestingly excited over that O_o

CO18

Smash Hero
Its an airtran flight leaves orlando international airport(MCO) at 11:36 then arrives at columbus at 1:46.

Flight number 374. Need anything else?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
sec let me turn on my phone

heres what the phone says make sure its correct;

ORLAND TO COLUMBUS

FRI 6/4/10

DEPART
11:36AM

ARRIVE
1:46PM

ESTIMATE AIR TIME
2h 10m

the gate number and other information wont be listed UNTILL the plane actually gets going with flying around in the air. Its Airtran and they're pretty serious business about arriving hella early.

Like its not uncommon for them to arrive like 30 minute early. We'll have to see when the day actaully gets going though.

now that lazy bum seibrik needs to post his info like he failed to on aim

CO18

Smash Hero
Yup thats the info.

edit: lol I cant say yup without laughing anymore. I was at the gym today and some diesel dude was benching and every rep he sounded like he was having an orgasm or some ish then one rep he screams YUP! Funniest shiz ever how serious he was. Me and my friend were dying

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Vayseth

Smash Master
Basically what I did was set up a wall of stuff for my opponent to get through to make it hard to approach. I tried to always have waddles on the field, preferably electric ones, which also significantly increased the amount of random gordo kills I got.

I would generally knock them away, waddle once or twice and mix in F Tilts, D Tilts and D Smashes if they ran in or just back up and do it all over again. When they're just sitting there, run in for the grab.

Doesn't work on all characters, but F Tilt is such a good move. People need to abuse it more. I also suggest trying to have waddles on the screen as much as you can
They cause such sweet disruption.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
vayseth i had a weird moment once on wifi where i had a waddle Dee out. And i simply appoarched a lucario while walking behind dee. He jumped as the lucario approached and the lucy got sent directly up into the air O_o the lucario got hit by Dee at the apex of the jump animation.

But yea i do use ftilt/dtilt to push my opponent out of my zone. Dsmash i fear using it due to the frames of animation it has. Itd rather use it out of a trip from a dtilt, bair or tech chasing

I think spacing around waddle dees/doos is probably one of the more interesting things about playing DDD when you have them out on the field. You compensate the A button moveset, by being in grabs reach of them, however i find that like you said theres ways to space yourself and them in such a way where you can wall people in differently and dynamically in different situations. Truely a interesting projectile we got here. Grabbing people out of Doos beam, fsmashing them out of it or cging into Doos beam is so awesome

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Having Waddle Doos out is a great mindgame against Ness/Lucas/G&W. If they go to use it to heal themselves you can dash attack them or something while they're wide open. I did it to IrisKong once. **** was so cash.

The problem is that if G&W dies with his bucket charged, the charge will carry on to his next stock, which is dangerous. You need to make sure you punish G&W for it quickly or he'll potentially kill you at 0 (if I remember my bucket kill percents correctly).

****ing dark 3nergy makin me talk about gameplay and ****.

btw Vayseth, why'd you untag yourself from that FB photo? You know the one lol.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Having Waddle Doos out is a great mindgame against Ness/Lucas/G&W. If they go to use it to heal themselves you can dash attack them or something while they're wide open. I did it to IrisKong once. **** was so cash.

The problem is that if G&W dies with his bucket charged, the charge will carry on to his next stock, which is dangerous. You need to make sure you punish G&W for it quickly or he'll potentially kill you at 0 (if I remember my bucket kill percents correctly).

typically depending on the magic absorbed 0% wont kill you if your in the middle of the stage. 30% and up and your as good as dead anywhere

ilu bb<3

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
soooo shaky in winners finals went to PS2 vs me this weekend

so i went DDD <3

he rage quit on his last stock

I can tell u guys reallly coool things with that stage and ddd ^_^

and i dropped my snake for diddy plan for mlg.

however, i will be using ddd in certain matchups/CP's provided i get the adecquet practice before hand unlike last time.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
funny considering most of my remarks were pretty spot on.

Its not like i havent taken college level english/philosphy

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ddd isnt a furry

im more than willing to debate this till the cows come home

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion

I missed you. :(

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
So, like, what else? Obviously the people wanna know, and with our stagnant metagame, every little trick can help.

Jeez, I hate the secrecy of this place. Just spill your f*cking guts already.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
i missed that sexy beast in your avatar
sigh~ look at those triple chins mmmmm
...you mean Beef's avvy of Tidus?
Triple chins DE? I don't get it.... I know this guy isn't fat. He actually looks like he's got some pecs going on in there. And his left arm is as buff as muck.

Here you go Gates. My gift for your return here. Sounds familiar eh?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Not yet. I don't rush through the game.

I actually go and complete all of the galaxies completely in World 1 and etc.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
chaingrabbable characters get dash grab->d-throw->insert move here

non chaingrabbable if DI down an no tech get dash grab->d-throw->jab (jab lock)->fsmash/dashattack (i think DA is more likely)

if they DI up its dashgrab->dthrow->utilt

inhale connects too lol

on the win part DDD can air camp, as long as the opponent does not have a projectile to shoot high up (pits arrows) u can jump to the side (at low% peffered) jump a lil higher, then up b, u go SUPER high, and takes forever to fall all the way down, the stage transition shouldn't last longer than two of these, and vs most characters ur only takin on hit per time, so its a good way to waste time if u have a big enough lead.

stupid thing on electric part

NEVER try to cancel up b with the super laggy part at the edge of the stage, thinking the belts will take u out of lag,
YOU STAY IN THE SUPER LAG ANIMATION THE WHOLE TIME U FALL, AND YOU DIE lol

i think thats it for now....

Top Bottom