• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
oh no 999 posts!!!!!!!11

also patiently waiting for that, dash attack is one of my favorite attacks i can never really use =(
You can land it after a dthrow in characters that can't be chaingrabbed if they land near you, I don't know if it needs to be buffered or not, but I always try it with buffer, and when they're in range and don't tech it's guaranteed.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
if you know where they'll tech yea, i prefer tech chasing at low %, then doing that at higher % if the bthrow is stale

that or buuman trap

∫unk

Smash Master
mk snake is a dumb*** hard team for ddd to fight (imo)

tornado drains shield

snake ***** you soon after

especially when your partner doesn't look at the whole screen when playing doubles >____>

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I used to train her online. We were supposed to team for her first tourney, but its been a while since we played, and im not sure if she still wants to go through with it. Its either her or possibly snakeee.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
with him though it all depends

if hes too ******* ish with me im up for teaming with someone else

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
nope uragaan / jay leno is superior atothe lol

i wanted to say some sort of witty comment about sitting on bats to beef but 2 bats versus the king does really suck so nm

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
City of angels, wtf?

How is NY a city of angels? They always get blown up with airplanes and fail Times Square bombings :/

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Wow....

How...?

SMH

SO GUYS I GOT 9TH AT A TOURNAMENT YESTERDAY KUZ I SUCK!!!!!

I 2-0'd a marth main by the name of player-3 first round.
2nd Round I had to play Elev8 who is ranked 2nd in alabama, plays IC's, and has been beating big names in the south such as Kismet and Biglou recently.
First game I'ts me vs his IC's on BF, I start camping the top platform, baiting his up airs and punishing with fast fall back airs. eventually i get an inhale and turn it into a nasty gimp. So I have 30percent 3stocks and he has 2stocks. From here I just wore him down, and got 2 more gimps to win the set. Sadly it wasn't recorded.
The next game I lost the ddd ditto on SV, and out of frustration ended up going mk and barely losing on SV again. *Don't let frustration get the best of you in a set, you will lose.....AND YOU WILL FEEL LIKE *****
So in losers I had to play one of my crewmates, a lucas/link main. I 2-0'd her and proceeded to play another one of my crewmates who's name is Bigman40 *some of you may know him as scatz*.
Scatz has taken sets off me before, but that day just wasn't his. He had an extremely close set with Scatt *ranked 4th in GA, and yes his name is Scatt* and ended up losing, so he was very discruntled to say the least. He goes yoshi on BF first round, and we proceed to go even, up until the very last stock where I begin to pull ahead. He see's this and counters, putting me in a terrible position. Luckily I make a very nice read *he makes a mistake as well*, and hit him with a clutch up tilt to end it. From here I can see that his heads not in the game, and tell him to lighten up. He decides to go pika *a matchup I know very well, and he knows this*, and takes me to SV. I 2stock him and try to be as understanding as possible *I know how it feels to go from playing at your best, to playing unsatisfactory*
I move on to play Billy, a Snake/Shiek/Falco main who's currently ranked 3rd in Alabama. He was one of the few people I was worried about throughout the tournament, not because he's a good degree better than me, but because he plays the character I have the most trouble with in the whole cast. Falco.
So we sit down to play, and he chooses snake. Of course I know his snake is good, but I feel confident in my knowledge of the matchup. *Florida babyyyy <3* First game is on SV, and he quickly begins to pull ahead with a combination of nade camping and grenade grabs. Eventually It's me at 1stock 30 him at 2stocks high percent. I make a good read and hit him with like 2 up tilts in a row *air reads* iirc. On the last stock I just got a good amount of grabs off, and killed him with a dthrow to downtilt at like 160+. Next is Falco....
He takes me back to SV, and picks the bird. Within 30 seconds of the match starting, I'm at kill percent, and offstage. I up B, he goes for the uair kill, and gets spiked wayyy below the stage. My hopes of winning begin to heighten, and I become elated to find he has phantasm Sd'd on respawn. So now my 3stocks to his 1. Somehow between the combination of people cheering against me in the background, and my somewhat mental block against falco, I end up losing. From here, I'm completely infuriated with my incompetence, and use a character I am no longer efficient with *Ice Climbers*, I end up losing to his falco on BF *1stock mid percent*.
I feel that I played good *all cept that one match*, and It's just a learning experience.
I feel bad if you read all that though lol. <3

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
The atlantic south mod, Mike G (or the user with the long username) is in Atlanta.

EDIT: I love how Alby's first post in here in a month is a huge wall of text.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Yeah I know a few people who live in atlanta. *or around the area*
Artdude/Micelis/AML?/Teh Umby/Mercy all live around that way.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im going to be there from wednesday to wednesday

wednesday to saturday, Im going to be in Downtown Atl.
saturday to wed. im going to be with my sister in marietta.

Do you guys have a thread where we could maybe coordinate some smashfests or something?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Wow....

How...?

SMH

SO GUYS I GOT 9TH AT A TOURNAMENT YESTERDAY KUZ I SUCK!!!!!

I 2-0'd a marth main by the name of player-3 first round.
2nd Round I had to play Elev8 who is ranked 2nd in alabama, plays IC's, and has been beating big names in the south such as Kismet and Biglou recently.
First game I'ts me vs his IC's on BF, I start camping the top platform, baiting his up airs and punishing with fast fall back airs. eventually i get an inhale and turn it into a nasty gimp. So I have 30percent 3stocks and he has 2stocks. From here I just wore him down, and got 2 more gimps to win the set. Sadly it wasn't recorded.
The next game I lost the ddd ditto on SV, and out of frustration ended up going mk and barely losing on SV again. *Don't let frustration get the best of you in a set, you will lose.....AND YOU WILL FEEL LIKE *****
So in losers I had to play one of my crewmates, a lucas/link main. I 2-0'd her and proceeded to play another one of my crewmates who's name is Bigman40 *some of you may know him as scatz*.
Scatz has taken sets off me before, but that day just wasn't his. He had an extremely close set with Scatt *ranked 4th in GA, and yes his name is Scatt* and ended up losing, so he was very discruntled to say the least. He goes yoshi on BF first round, and we proceed to go even, up until the very last stock where I begin to pull ahead. He see's this and counters, putting me in a terrible position. Luckily I make a very nice read *he makes a mistake as well*, and hit him with a clutch up tilt to end it. From here I can see that his heads not in the game, and tell him to lighten up. He decides to go pika *a matchup I know very well, and he knows this*, and takes me to SV. I 2stock him and try to be as understanding as possible *I know how it feels to go from playing at your best, to playing unsatisfactory*
I move on to play Billy, a Snake/Shiek/Falco main who's currently ranked 3rd in Alabama. He was one of the few people I was worried about throughout the tournament, not because he's a good degree better than me, but because he plays the character I have the most trouble with in the whole cast. Falco.
So we sit down to play, and he chooses snake. Of course I know his snake is good, but I feel confident in my knowledge of the matchup. *Florida babyyyy <3* First game is on SV, and he quickly begins to pull ahead with a combination of nade camping and grenade grabs. Eventually It's me at 1stock 30 him at 2stocks high percent. I make a good read and hit him with like 2 up tilts in a row *air reads* iirc. On the last stock I just got a good amount of grabs off, and killed him with a dthrow to downtilt at like 160+. Next is Falco....
He takes me back to SV, and picks the bird. Within 30 seconds of the match starting, I'm at kill percent, and offstage. I up B, he goes for the uair kill, and gets spiked wayyy below the stage. My hopes of winning begin to heighten, and I become elated to find he has phantasm Sd'd on respawn. So now my 3stocks to his 1. Somehow between the combination of people cheering against me in the background, and my somewhat mental block against falco, I end up losing. From here, I'm completely infuriated with my incompetence, and use a character I am no longer efficient with *Ice Climbers*, I end up losing to his falco on BF *1stock mid percent*.
I feel that I played good *all cept that one match*, and It's just a learning experience.
I feel bad if you read all that though lol. <3
stare at my avatar

feel better

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
spent over and hour editing it looks like i just tossed it all on there like you sorta do in D/P

also

http://www.drshnaps.com/drshnaps/kirbyorigins/extras/sprites/KSSU_dedede1.gif

some of these frames look might familiar and im not talking about dash attack. Imma sit down and make a better sig tomorrow using these sprites

i must say though some of his expressions are absolutely hilarious LOL

O_O O_o >_< U_U >:U >:I!!!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
back hurts and i have 12am johns

ill try tomorrow tusm mk[not the bat]

ok bb here

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
so i found the way ddd can be used to his full potential

i was playing vs mvd's snake.

i won the first match, with mk

i banned green greens

he said fd

i threatened him to go DDD, he revoked his counterpick and went halberd.

i stayed mk and won..

D3 advancing the mk metagame

alllllright

Top Bottom