• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Gah777

Smash Lord
if you love the troll he'll tell you stories

fun facts
So this one time I was teaming with my friend who mains DDD. Every time he got the chance he would chain grab me to the edge then just lay down, calling himself the "Chillin' Villain". When I died he had 2 stocks left and high percent. As soon as he hit the blast zone i share-stocked, looked over at him and said "Who's the Chillin Villain now?"

lain

Smash Master
Atomsk you're so full of **** to say that you beat me 2-0 in a mm. I can't believe you'd ferociously lie about something like that about me. Real cool bro.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Speaking of Gordos, my Gordo ratio has decreased dramatically recently. I blame that for my sudden lack of wins.

But, I suppose in theory, you are correct.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
>:U i dont see u wearing a commanding hat

all i see is that horrible HAW HAW HAW ****** from FF10

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Atomsk you're so full of **** to say that you beat me 2-0 in a mm. I can't believe you'd ferociously lie about something like that about me. Real cool bro.
Do you not remember the money match in the hotel room at MLG? You owe me 5 dollars because you couldn't pay me for my win because you had just lost to dmbrandon.

Don't lie dude.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
because you main meta knight

and you smell like horrible fly infested guano

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
why does this character not have optionsss
To answer this question in a more serious and knowledgeable way......This is the reason that King Dedede's metagame has stopped. He has lack of flexibility of mixing it up. He's one-dimensional just like G&W. Aren't we seeing a pattern between these two characters and R.O.B., Kirby?

One-dimensional characters = anti-metagaming. They are reaching their limit.............. or they have already.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
it does kinda suck his moveset doesnt offer dimensionality, however the options he does have are very good ones

this is why i think in the next SSB series he'll still be a relatively upper tier character since for the most part sakurai likes keeping the movesets for each character mostly the same. Only thing i could see changing is %s, knockback stuff, etc.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
If we get a new moveset, I'd be kinda happy.

But then again, I want him to keep his moveset, it kept Marth at A tier to whole time.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
serin i dont see why they would even change it at all

if you change it not only do you have to;

1. have to make new animations
2. hitbubbles; is it single or multi hit?
3. knock back
4. Priority

but other frame stuff for it as well, like if the new move will auto cancel out of a fast fall. The thing about DDD is how he is in cannon. He does use his Upb move in the kirby games, always will. He'll always have multiple jumps. His hammer i believe has always been a thing thats up in the air. Hes either used it in a boss battle or hasnt. But now that we've seen how his hammer can be used in the smash world, its a very viable tool that complements him and his cannon character. His hammer, many jumps, upb already makes him a relatively higher tier character LEAGUES above current low tier/mid tier characters.

His grab game though, i think some people on SWF determined his grab game was built to have some of his best options in mind. I do not know if his grab is cannon or not. All i know is that hes a boxer/wrestler when it came to having to fight him in the kirby games. It may not seem like he is a boxer/wrestler, but when you sit down and look at his sprite

^^^^ this image of him is also very cannon and i love the pose <333

he always has a very pro wrestle robe on and it sits on his character as such. Dont forget he also has a strange insignia on the back of his robe

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/kingdedede/kingdedede_071026f-l.jpg

all that jazz being said serin, its highly unlikely he'll get a full make over for SSB4. Hes really more like a better version of kirby at this point in the SSB series

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
His hammer, many jumps, upb already makes him a relatively higher tier character LEAGUES above current low tier/mid tier characters.
Everything else you said was pretty true but his Up B is definitely not a factor for him being higher tier. His upB sucks because you can get gimped by MK, Marth, and any other fast character pretty easily. And it's worse in doubles.
I feel relieved every time when my partner does a weak attack to get me out of upB animation [example: Peach throws a turnip at me], that's how laggy the move is, when coming down. Even when you cancel it, it's a tad slow when you're playing against certain characters who can hit you right off again. I should know this after playing against ranked MKs and Marth here in SoCal.

And what Serin said, lol

Top Bottom