• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
so i went to my first smashfest today

and played my first matches.............OFFLINE

*gasp!*

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Holy hell.

How was it? How were the people? Did you enjoy yourself? How did you even find out about it?

I want all the details.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i played a good rob by the name of tako. Gotta work on CGing, mixing it up abit. However my CGing got noticably better while i was playing DDD.

i also did ddd dittos >.> yea im not doing that again as much as i love hot penguin on penguin action. So i used Pika for that DDD. Sucked on lucy for some reason. And went abit random ish for fun in some matches. I found a tournament thread by quvio in the regional area O_o. Yea it was fun, had like 5-7 people.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Did you play quivo at all?

also, you should play snake vs ddd, itll teach you how to think outside the box and deal with hard situations.

CO18

Smash Hero
why would she go snake vs ddd. DDD still wins slightly, It would def be smarter to stay pikachu

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If its just friendlies, its better to try things that will better familiarise yourself with the game and everything that can happen in game, and its been a whille since ive done it, but I know some goofy stuff happens fairly regularly in that matchup.

Pluus like I said, you shouldnt always follow the path of least resistance. But then again, this is coming from a guy who plays impossibly matchups at almost every oppurtunity.

also, does DDD still win that matchup?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
what CO18 said

i played someones snake there and 2 stocked it a Halberd, he tried to C4 past me to not get gimped in a grab and still got it anyway =P i dont think i did well pika vs snake

ddd vs pika i did well, i cg perfectly and usmashed him out of it, i camped alot and played very gay against his DDD. He also did a good job of reading my techs and tech chasing me so i got exp there too

theres also something else u should realize kid, i wanna go DDD as much as i can because thats the experience i want to get. If i went on other characters on MUs DDD did fine in i wouldnt be gaining experience -- thats a problem

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Experience doesn't matter in matchups you likely wont win on a high level of play anyway. Such a sad thing I had to figure out the hard way :laugh:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i played pretty patiently with the snake, and i also played around with z-catching his nades and sending them back.

Alby while i do lack high end mu experience all across the board, i still believe come mlg columbus that im still capable enough to take some horrible jerks down with me then get knocked out by a good player. Which is why im going, rep midwest and hopefully be skilled enough to take a few peeps down with me so other peoples from my region wont have to deal with them.

CO that guy that played ROB is using IC only for the MK MU. Next time i see him im gonna push him to fight me on his IC so i can learn the MU and figure out if i wanna use Pikachu/Lucy/Wario for it. I saw him friendly people on his IC LOL those alt throws are scary ;_;

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Okay allow me to share the progression of ATOMSK'S ROB

-Witnesses Chibo beat Lain-

-Thinks to self....I CAN DO THAT-

-Plays ROB on wifi for a day-

-Next day....3 stock Cheese's ICs-

-Next tourny...2-0s GIMR's ICs-

-MLG TIME *****ES-

-3 stock X-Factor twice in under 4 mins.-

-2nd night of MLG....2-0s Lain in a 5 dollar MM.-

I dunno man it seems pretty easy to me lol

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
well after playing this guys rob offline, i think i got a good idea of what your talking about

i can sum it up pretty well in 4 letters!

spam

If they on stage you spam, and when they're off stage you spam some more-- when in doubt retreat fair to more spam, then dtilt ftilt randomly ggs

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
well after playing this guys rob offline, i think i got a good idea of what your talking about

i can sum it up pretty well in 4 letters!

spam

If they on stage you spam, and when they're off stage you spam some more-- when in doubt retreat fair to more spam, then dtilt ftilt randomly ggs
Very wrong.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Okay allow me to share the progression of ATOMSK'S ROB

-Witnesses Chibo beat Lain-

-Thinks to self....I CAN DO THAT-

-Plays ROB on wifi for a day-

-Next day....3 stock Cheese's ICs-

-Next tourny...2-0s GIMR's ICs-

-MLG TIME *****ES-

-3 stock X-Factor twice in under 4 mins.-

-2nd night of MLG....2-0s Lain in a 5 dollar MM.-

I dunno man it seems pretty easy to me lol
O: I'm gonna have to disagree. I don't think the matchup is THAT hard, it's bad, but IC's shouldn't really be going around getting 3 stocked by every ROB. I played Stingerz, who is one of the best ROB's, a couple of months back. And I lost, but I didn't lose that badly. I think it's really possible if you just learn what can and can't be punished on ROB. ROB is just pretty easy to play against IC's.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
wait there are top robs out there in a sea of meta knights?

well color me surprised!

so who'd you study off of then?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
O: I'm gonna have to disagree. I don't think the matchup is THAT hard. I played Stingerz, who is one of the best ROB's, a couple of months back. And I lost, but I didn't lose that badly. I think it's really possible if you just learn what can and can't be punished on ROB. ROB is just pretty easy to play against IC's.
Within a month of me playing the character. I beat Lain, GIMR, Cheese, X Factor, and Prawn.

It's easy sir :)

HolyNightmare & OCEAN are very good ROBs

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Within a month of me playing the character. I beat Lain, GIMR, Cheese, X Factor, and Prawn.

It's easy sir :)

HolyNightmare & OCEAN are very good ROBs
ROB's a pretty quick character to pick up, and your one of the best players in the world O:
But, your probably right. Though I still don't think it's that bad of a MU. Are you going to MLG Raleigh?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
ROB's a pretty quick character to pick up, and your one of the best players in the world O:
But, your probably right. Though I still don't think it's that bad of a MU. Are you going to MLG Raleigh?
Wtf is a Raleigh?

I should be going to every MLG.

CO18

Smash Hero
im just using snake been good so far beat cura and cheese pretty badly like 2 stock low-mid% at mlg and If I play lain I know snake vs ddd so I dont really care Id probably prefer it actually

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
k i'll go look'em up then

i would use snake, but i dont think it'd work me. Not that i havent tried it either.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
but he's more effective IMO.
go on

ty bb

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Wtf is a Raleigh?

I should be going to every MLG.
Raleigh..the name of the 3rd city for MLG, Raleigh, North Carolina? Lol. Well, if you do go, we should play the ROB v. IC's matchup <3
im just using snake been good so far beat cura and cheese pretty badly like 2 stock low-mid% at mlg and If I play lain I know snake vs ddd so I dont really care Id probably prefer it actually
I would use Snake over ROB also, if you know what your doing. Snake is harder to get the matchup right with, but he's more effective IMO.
For Dark Energy:
Snake is safer from grabs and can do more damage while camping. And he can do more to seperate the ICs and when he does, he can hit Nana once and kill her.

Sorry, I didn't see your edit.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ok so your saying you wanna be fat like DDD. This is a very admirable thing that i can humbly love and apperciate. However is it really worth the quadruple by pass surgery you'll need at 40?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Saw that coming.

And Atomsk when you have one, you might want to have something to dilute the bacon fat in between the chicken.

Top Bottom