• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Everything else you said was pretty true but his Up B is definitely not a factor for him being higher tier. His upB sucks because you can get gimped by MK, Marth, and any other fast character pretty easily. And it's worse in doubles.
I feel relieved every time when my partner does a weak attack to get me out of upB animation [example: Peach throws a turnip at me], that's how laggy the move is, when coming down. Even when you cancel it, it's a tad slow when you're playing against certain characters who can hit you right off again. I should know this after playing against ranked MKs and Marth here in SoCal.

And what Serin said, lol
That's pretty much the tl;dr of what I said. hahaa

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Does anyone know if using up-b early eats up all your jumps?

Cuz if not, I've thought of using up-b early to gain height, then when we are inevitably hit, we can use our jumps to make a safer recovery onstage.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea his upb does have its pit falls, thats what the multiple jumps are for

still though with the SA frames on start up it isnt that horrible, just getting punished for it IS =\ which is why i try hard not to use it

yea i do believe so serin, if you dont use any jumps and just upb you retain them so if you get hit out of upb you can use them. If you use all your jumps, upb, hit the stage, get punished and are sent off platform you also get them back for touching the stage

CO18

Smash Hero
Does anyone know if using up-b early eats up all your jumps?

Cuz if not, I've thought of using up-b early to gain height, then when we are inevitably hit, we can use our jumps to make a safer recovery onstage.
no up+bing early does not eat all his jumps lol u recovering noob

im pretty sure i did that a bit vs m2k cuz i was scurred he was gonna gimp me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xteQ8uQ1n0c

Coney

Smash Master
i'm actually kinda surprised too

one of my biggest things is if i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get knocked off again i'll just eat two jumps and then upb, so that if i do get hit back off i have two more

ddd 201, man

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
After laying off the game for a while then coming back, I've found myself increasingly ******** getting on the stage from the edge. I always find myself semi planking/sharking.

halp

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
no up+bing early does not eat all his jumps lol u recovering noob

im pretty sure i did that a bit vs m2k cuz i was scurred he was gonna gimp me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xteQ8uQ1n0c
2 questions about this;

i saw you use inhale while descending off stage towards the ledge on hrnut on a few matches in a similar way, what was your plan when you did that?

and where you dairing to try and stop nado or shuttle loop?

CO18

Smash Hero
2 questions about this;

i saw you use inhale while descending off stage towards the ledge on hrnut on a few matches in a similar way, what was your plan when you did that?

and where you dairing to try and stop nado or shuttle loop?
I just inhale whenever Im high above the ledge and theyre at low% cuz I know Ill get to the ledge for free since theyll be scared to get swallowcided. I just hold it then release before the ledge I dont actually expect to get a swallowcide though.

And Im not sure what youre asking about when I was dairing. If I was over the stage yeah, it beats up air/up+b then you get to the stage faster but mk's up tilt beats it so you have to watch out

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I just inhale whenever Im high above the ledge and theyre at low% cuz I know Ill get to the ledge for free since theyll be scared to get swallowcided. I just hold it then release before the ledge I dont actually expect to get a swallowcide though.

And Im not sure what youre asking about when I was dairing. If I was over the stage yeah, it beats up air/up+b then you get to the stage faster but mk's up tilt beats it so you have to watch out
ok ty bb

[this message anit that short]

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
well first off the music is desynched lol

ITS LIKE I KNOW WHATS HAPPENING BEFORE MY EYE BALLS CAN SEE IT

COLONEL HOW DOES THAT WORK

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Co what'd i do wrong in this match up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zh3fU1A-mk
Everything you did was great in all aspects, except you didn't go for insta-throwing the grenades back at him. [Only when they're in the air.] And you didn't pummel him once per down throw at the last stock. Your down tilt would've killed him. [The chaingrabbing before the last part.]
o_o Nothing.

Razer sucks.

Namesearch this, *****.
LOL

CO18

Smash Hero
Co what'd i do wrong in this match up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zh3fU1A-mk
you played well only thing I just noticed really is that I ftilt snake alot more when Im near him and also theres a couple of times where you dtilt at the ledge even though if you would've down threw him he would of been off stage. Like once he was at 128 and you dtilted and just got like the damage from the dtilt and nothing else as a punishment whereas if you down threw him it could lead to like an up tilt or a fair near the blastzone etc. I generally only do down throw dtilt when I know it'll kill him or if I can tell that after the downthrow the spacing would cause him to automatically slide to the ledge

And instant throwing is good i only recently started doing that but it helps

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
o_o Nothing.

Razer sucks.

Namesearch this, *****.
i think the proper thing to say is that the penguin in question should be ashamed for luring in children with promises of Disney marathons, then utterly ****** them in stead. Pretty sure ****** anyone onder the age of 18 is a serious offense in most states.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
you played well only thing I just noticed really is that I ftilt snake alot more when Im near him and also theres a couple of times where you dtilt at the ledge even though if you would've down threw him he would of been off stage. Like once he was at 128 and you dtilted and just got like the damage from the dtilt and nothing else as a punishment whereas if you down threw him it could lead to like an up tilt or a fair near the blastzone etc. I generally only do down throw dtilt when I know it'll kill him or if I can tell that after the downthrow the spacing would cause him to automatically slide to the ledge

And instant throwing is good i only recently started doing that but it helps
It's a shame I started doing this before you did.

Where you at?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
whats a female john, i wasnt aware i had those

only add johns srsly -- which is why i initially had trouble CGing

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Yeah, that pic's been floating about for a while now. I mean, it's not popular or anything, but I'm sure many people have at least stumbled across it during their internet travels.

Top Bottom