• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Felt i'd stop by and check whats going on in this thread. What I've noticed tho is that people don't seem to even think ddd is a viable character. Where is this vibe coming from? I see all of these posts say ddd's game only goes so far and blah blah blah. As I read on the boards, it seems like co is the only one who posts who has any faith in his character. When I see TKD placing 1st with fox, biglou placing that high, esam placing 4th, I know ddd has the potential to place well like they have. What I don't understand is why no1 in this board seems to have any faith in ddd. Maybe that's why this section of the boards is dead.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
oh i love DDD alot theres no questioning that. Its just what DDD has to offer in terms of a competitive moveset versus other characters. Simply put, there are characters in the game that can do what he can do, only much better. Then there are characters that can completely shut DDD down like IC. And theres characters like MK that can nado all day everyday and DDD cant do anything about it.

Deep down i believe the people that do post here do love DDD. However there really isnt much to celebrate about since, competitively he isnt very viable when it comes to big time events like Regionals/Nationals where most of it counts. I'll stop here since i think someone else can explain this better. I dont have any real tournament experience after all.

But know this though Dewdadash, when it comes time for me to do MLG Columbus. Remember this, whether or not i choke or totally suck. I'm going to be playing mainly on DDD the character i love the most in this game. Yea i wont be doing him any favors by actually placing where it counts, the point is though im not on MK. I'll be there to play DDD, and despite what other people may say to me i'll always play him because of love my big fat *******.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
By pointing out his negatives, you aren't advancing ddd's metagame at all. Plenty of people have done that already. What ppl need to focus on are his positives. DDD has a lot of options, yes nado sucks I know. But think it through and you'll get past it. The only character that possibly completely shuts down is IC's, but no1 uses it so therefore hes viable.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
DewDaDash must not think I exist.

I saw D3 has a good chance of winning something. I have faith in my ****ty character :)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
DewDaDash must not think I exist.

I saw D3 has a good chance of winning something. I have faith in my ****ty character :)
Lol thats what I want to hear XD

More posts like this and ddd's placing will improve

Oh and ddd aint ****ty, (he aint as good as mk but then again no1 is as good as that bat) :laugh:

CO18

Smash Hero
i win most of my locals but not that many ppl even use ddd or is active. I know elev8's pretty good he won a tourney with kismet/biglou/reflex there recently but he also used ics so i dunno.

atomsk won something recent he used pika in gf but he wouldve won with dedede anyway vs snake

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Idk I 2stocked his ic's, then he beat me in dedede dittos.....

it was bout gay as **** I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA WIN ;___;

I'm about to start winning tournaments god****, no more falco **** blocking my 1st place <<

Prawn

Smash Master
****ing hate d3 on wifi

its so much harder to react to anything

people just buffer dodgerolls and ****

unpunishable ****ing gay *** ****

Prawn

Smash Master
k heres a dumb question thats nooby

i cant get the dthrow to dtilt on the side vs snake like consistently at ALL

how do i shot web?

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
You have to buffer it, and input down on the control stick very lightly, so he'll go directly into the dtilt animation instead of crouching first.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im practicing that too prawn. Basically you dtilt them as they're falling off the stage

^^^ me doing it out of dthrow, and buffering the dtilt just as claus said. Pay attention to were DDD is in relation to Snake since u can only do the dtilt WHILE HE FALLS OFF
Vayseth said:
Characters who can be comboed into D Tilt (if spaced properly over an edge):

* Yoshi
* R.O.B.
* King Dedede
* Snake
if you need more help prawn; read this thread.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Wifi causes anger issues, no joke. That's why I quit playing on it lol
i play wifi and i tend to be full of not caring

so i just sit there and stare at ddd more

Well ill be getting 2nd @ columbus.
you wouldnt mind if i watched and meat rode would ya?

i promise to be a loud and obnoxious meatrider with a really loud voice. It'd be safe to assume that if you heard something along the lines of "OH **** THIS SON GONNA GET SAT ON SO HARD IT'LL SEND HIM BACK A YEAR" "PIPLUP USE HYDRO PUMP!!!" "Dat daydayda gonne give you da SITN' BUSINESS SON" it'll prob be me

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
like lag for 5 seconds, then You've been disconnected because our failfi sucks

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I'm just not a fan of losing :[

@DE: I'm sure all the guys here wouldn't mind if you rode their meat lmao

In both senses of the phrase

:002:
still though i can be pretty loud and over the top

i'd rather ask permission first

what serin said too, nothing wrong with using a second or doing random if your bored of ddd

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I used to use lucario on wifi, but the way I see it is, I'm playing to practice, and if I can't use my main and win/have fun it annoys me.

That's why I don't play ladder, only 1v1 or 2v2 with other offline players I know.

But meh it's whatev. I'm shocked no one said anything about my meat riding statement lol

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
still though i can be pretty loud and over the top
This is my crew in a nutshell. DON'T do this, especially in a large group of similarly loud people. EVERYONE will b*tch and complain, talking about how we're distracting the other players and sh*t. I mean, trash talking is a part of the game, is it our fault that we do it well? Like, seriously, come the f*ck on with that sh*t. For real, if you had a problem with it, say something to us then. Don't wait until you're at your computer screen and your safe from the big, scary black people yelling in your ear.

Jesus Christ, I'm sorry. That's one of my worse rants this year.

Vex, don't say anything. This isn't meant to be taken completely seriously.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
thats the reason i brought it up though lol also bro im not scared of big black scary people i will **** your eye sockets out if you get in my face and start a 1v1 shouting match. I maybe 5'4 but i got my dads massive angry side that pumps freely through my blood and can be summoned apon in the drop of a hat.

i cant help it though >:I ill try my best to hold back my meatriding then, it'll be a tough challenge when im all chalked up on hype but i'll try :desperate:

Top Bottom