• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Zip.

Smash Lord
Doubt it.
thats understandable, i wouldnt hang around here either..if you do leave i'll miss ya though Dx
good luck with w/e you do.

Who will take over the D3 Matchup thread, I don' think anyone of us non-pros are level headed about the matchups enough to take over it, so unless Seibrik took it over, what would happen to it? You are the only one in here who neither

1. theory crafts
2. gets beat at a tournament and goes OMG GUYS WOLF VERSUS D3 IN 40-60 HIS FAVOR GAWWWD
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...<.<

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
As long as Gates doesn't start slitting his wrists, I won't care.

.AC.

Smash Lord
So I'm thinking about quitting Smash.

There's no scene close (within 15 minutes) to me and I can't do WiFi due to a ****ty internet connection (like really ****ty, you have no idea) and practicing against braindead computers only gets you so far (which is to say, not far at all). I have no real means of practicing and getting better other than going to biweekly tournies that are an hour away from me and scrubbing out to better players than me and hoping I retain some information from those *** kickings. It's extremely frustrating and time consuming and I generally feel that I have better things to do with my life.

There's a good chance I'll still lurk and I may get back into the scene once I get better access to WiFi to learn/relearn matchups or live somewhere that is reasonably close to a circuit event, biweekly tourneys, etc.

None of this is final, it's just how I feel right now.
havok travels around 2 or 3 hours almost every week and it took him around a year of doing stuff like this + holding his own tourneys until he got good and started placing top 3 every tourney he goes to in socal + oos tourneys.i also go to tourneys that are 3+ hours away when i can get a ride with him, so there really isnt an excuse for quitting when you have tourneys that are so close.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The Zss matchup still isn't written right, just FYI :p
Then do a writeup and I'll put it in.

Just don't give it to Lain, all our matchups will be 40:20 then.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be since lain knows how to add
(he's asian)

Besides, the matchup thread is done. There's nothing more to discuss.

havok travels around 2 or 3 hours almost every week and it took him around a year of doing stuff like this + holding his own tourneys until he got good and started placing top 3 every tourney he goes to in socal + oos tourneys.i also go to tourneys that are 3+ hours away when i can get a ride with him, so there really isnt an excuse for quitting when you have tourneys that are so close.
Did he practice on WiFi too? Was he good in Melee too? Were there as many good players concentrated in those tourneys as there are in the average MI tourney?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm starting to post less and less here... @_@ That's bad.

Gates, if you quit, continue to post here.
CRASHiC, gratz on blue name. **** Kankers though.
coney, you approach. Learned that vs Seibrik.

I may just stop posting here for a bit when things are dull. You can catch me in the pikaxat or d3xat (if people are there...) and talk to me there.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You host a tourney or a smash fest.
Then you go to Public Groupes
You click on Tournament Directors and you hit Join This Group
In the 'reason for joining' you put a link to a tournament or smashfest you had hosted.

And Serin, **** the Cankers who aren't Marie
Marie <3
except for the literal term, then in that case, **** Marie, don't touch the others.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Oh man...this is horrible. No point in taking over a thread that's already done. Gates even if it's one post per month, don't discontinue posts! Maybe the new thread that was made that you haven't subscribed to will change your mind.......
Gah don't.

.AC.

Smash Lord
Then do a writeup and I'll put it in.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be since lain knows how to add
(he's asian)

Besides, the matchup thread is done. There's nothing more to discuss.

Did he practice on WiFi too? Was he good in Melee too? Were there as many good players concentrated in those tourneys as there are in the average MI tourney?

he does not practice wifi and i dont think he played melee, as for the third question well its socal after all....

anywyas quitting doesnt sound like a good idea, it took me more than a year to actually place in a decent sized socal tournament,let a lone a small tournament.

Zip.

Smash Lord
You host a tourney or a smash fest.
Then you go to Public Groupes
You click on Tournament Directors and you hit Join This Group
In the 'reason for joining' you put a link to a tournament or smashfest you had hosted.

And Serin, **** the Cankers who aren't Marie
Marie <3
except for the literal term, then in that case, **** Marie, don't touch the others.
Cant find public usergroups -.-

EDIT: nvm found it.

DDD is like instant win at Play N Trade tournaments. Soooooo many wolfs and Lucarios and Links. Fun all day for us :)
orly?

Zip.

Smash Lord
Yeah ive seen that already,i wonder if someone will actually do this with every character, that would be cool lol.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Sooo new discovery:

DDD can spam buffer jumps while holding shield (to avoid the footstool) after inhaling someone, while spinning like buffering utilts.

this allows for quicker jump out of Inhale Release and more free bair/fair/utilt mixup.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
expect the vid to be at latest by pound.

im sorry but i came to the decision that if i ever plan on using this in tourny it's gota be under raps for a bit, since the vid will have all of their options included to ours, so i wana keep it garunteed as long as i can before it becomes mixup based on the video.

another reason is i still seem to find new things to do with it, new ways to limit options, so i think it's best i experiment more with it before releasing the video. more content more possibilities.

sorry for the inconvenience but i will be anwering any and all questions regarding this tech until then, in private.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Seibrik you can limit the number of people who can view it and name them by their youtube username, so that only us D3s can view it so that when you feel you have discovered everything you can release it to us. This will keep your enemies in the dark while giving it to us D3s to experiment with in tournament.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
ehh
there will be d3 players showing their friends, results end up just the same

i'll wait, and if anyone has questions i will simply answer them.

Zip.

Smash Lord
God my face=/
Finally.

Sorry its my fault I've never contributed anything
So?..Lol
expect the vid to be at latest by pound.

im sorry but i came to the decision that if i ever plan on using this in tourny it's gota be under raps for a bit, since the vid will have all of their options included to ours, so i wana keep it garunteed as long as i can before it becomes mixup based on the video.

another reason is i still seem to find new things to do with it, new ways to limit options, so i think it's best i experiment more with it before releasing the video. more content more possibilities.

sorry for the inconvenience but i will be anwering any and all questions regarding this tech until then, in private.
after pound 4 or before?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That was a good one seibrik lol. Too bad I already do that.

I should be nicer to A to the Z. He may not be really good but he's still better than me.

Top Bottom