• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Its not walking distance. Your best bet is a ride from the people who will be giving them, or if you really want/need to, a taxi.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
"not walking distance" isn't really a distance.
But yeah, 11km/7mi is a bit far. I would still walk that though if someone's willing to walk with me just to save some money.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
But yeah, 11km/7mi is a bit far. I would still walk that though if someone's willing to walk with me just to save some money.
...lol nah its k

we'll get rides on thursday. and if not, people can taxi it. 7 miles shouldnt be that pricey with more than even 1 person in the cab.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion

Simply waiting for the people who will be giving rides eclipses both paying for a cab and walking the "not walking distance" walk.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
1 in the bed?! You better learn to cuddle up to your fellow smashers.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!

You guys are gonna miss out on the cuddling?
THAT'S PART OF THE EXPERIENCE!!
Cuddle huddle!

Fact: Although I am straight, I love bringing out homophobes insecurities by hugging them and acting gay. The more pissed they get, the better. One guy threw a punch at me, big mistake. I threw him on the ground and then hugged him again. Ahhh good times ;P

Oh and room vs room crew battles? Bring it on! :D

Browny

Smash Hater
Also, is anyone arriving Wednesday :)
:) Me and and guys Im rooming with are
were still trying to figure out the shuttle situation.

right now it looks like the only option we have is having people drive back and forth fromt he BART station to the hotel.

the taxi companies are being whack and an actual shuttle bus is proving to be way too expensive for us to pay for.

but dont worry there will be rides available from the bart station to the hotel guaranteed.

ill pick you up myself if there isnt anyone available.
I'll be arriving with 2 others so we could split a taxi easily... but if thats available wed take it :o wednesday around 3.00pm

Cuddle huddle!

Fact: Although I am straight, I love bringing out homophobes insecurities by hugging them and acting gay. The more pissed they get, the better. One guy threw a punch at me, big mistake. I threw him on the ground and then hugged him again. Ahhh good times ;P

Oh and room vs room crew battles? Bring it on! :D
Its impossible to have homophobe insecurities when Im in lucario irc everyday :p

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah its roughly 7 miles, but the surrounding area is kinda.. shady.. so i wouldnt suggest it especially if you have luggage =\

taxi's are running around 24-26 bucks for a trip (split between 4-5 becomes pretty affordable)

we tried getting some deals with the taxi companies around here, but they wouldnt go any lower than a 25 dollar flat rate which is a whole ****ing dollar off what the normal cost is ... -_-

and they also said it would be a problem with the other taxi drivers since they all have to line up in a specific spot and the taxi thats first in line gets the first available customer, so they would have to have a separate location to meet away from the bart station for the taxi's to pick up the genesis customers, which is pointless cause the price is the same.

and like i said, an actual shuttle bus is looking to be way too expensive and inefficient since people are coming at all hours of the day, and we simply dont have the money to keep the shuttle running all day =\

SO.. like i said =D we got people comin to pick yall up, probably every 20-30 minutes, so we can cram a few people in the cars at a time.

ill be putting up a list of people who are willing to pick people up soon, so everyone can coordinate with their drivers what time they will be arriving and stuff like that.

also the pre-reg list will be up tomorrow, ( i honestly just forgot to put it up, and the wepay admin panel is being stupid and wont let me export the entrant list for some reason so i have to ***** at someone tomorrow. probably going to be the same cutie name sophie that always responds, shes nice =D and cute =D)

a little over a MONTH AWAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!! (ill make a separate thread on this later)

dont forget about crews!! usa vs the world & ec vs wc!! (for melee/brawl)

team captains wont be picked by me, so you guys will have to come up with it yourselves and figure out whos gonna be on the team.

im sure you guys are fully capable of doing that so its one less thing i need to stress about =D

(like i said ill make a thread about it in the respective regional forums to organize it better, just wrote it down on my white board to do tomorrow.)

****in love you guys and ****

(i love beer)

WOO

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol sounds good :)

If there is any chance that we can get a ride from the BART station Wednesday morning then I'd be very grateful.

Also Browny! Let me know when you guys arrive to the hotel lol.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Haha, dont listen to those spoiled rich kids. We got this.

And are there going to be friendlies if we show up Wednesday? I need all the practice I can get.

Zoap

Smash Master
Most are non stop, some have 1 stop, and I'm using bing.

Here is the flights updates as of this morning(All searches were from 7/13-7/19) unless indicated:

NY: LGA-SFO:467 (supposed to go down) used 7/18 as return date, 431 if you fly into San Jose(not recommended)
PA Pittsburg:357
MD: BWI-SFO:311
FLA Fort Lauderdale: FLL-SFO: 371(supposedly will drop)
FLA Orlando: MCO-SFO: 379(supposedly will drop) is the same for 7/14 as a leaving date
TX Dallas: DFW-SFO 252 is the same with 7/14 as leaving and 7/18 as returning
TX Austin/San Antonio: SAT-SFO: 309(supposedly will drop)
TX Houston: IAH-OAK: 373(supposedly will drop)
IL Chicago: ORD-SFO:309(was 242 4 days ago) 299 if you fly out of MKE
AZ Phoenix: PHX-SFO: 237
WA Seattle: SEA-OAK: 179

Bolded prices are the ones that have dropped, NY went crazy in 2 days, but it should drop back down.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Most are non stop, some have 1 stop, and I'm using bing.

Here is the flights updates as of this morning(All searches were from 7/13-7/19) unless indicated:

NY: LGA-SFO:467 (supposed to go down) used 7/18 as return date, 431 if you fly into San Jose(not recommended)
PA Pittsburg:357
MD: BWI-SFO:311
FLA Fort Lauderdale: FLL-SFO: 371(supposedly will drop)
FLA Orlando: MCO-SFO: 379(supposedly will drop) is the same for 7/14 as a leaving date
TX Dallas: DFW-SFO 252 is the same with 7/14 as leaving and 7/18 as returning
TX Austin/San Antonio: SAT-SFO: 309(supposedly will drop)
TX Houston: IAH-OAK: 373(supposedly will drop)
IL Chicago: ORD-SFO:309(was 242 4 days ago) 299 if you fly out of MKE
AZ Phoenix: PHX-SFO: 237
WA Seattle: SEA-OAK: 179

Bolded prices are the ones that have dropped, NY went crazy in 2 days, but it should drop back down.
if neone is flying from Chicago, I found 199$ RT tickets on tripadvisor.com

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Me and my brothers will be attending.
Hahaa, I'm so excited!!
Sweet. I'm not crazy for Brawl, but I love hearing and reading when Sonic tears people apart in brackets (except Kuraudo <3 ). Good luck!

I didn't think I'd be able to go.

Now I might.
Is Amsah going?
He probably isn't.
Some combination of Hungrybox, PP, Armada and Mango. Throw in Axe, Jman, M2K and Amsah Wobbles too and you have a beast top 8.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
DBR posted this on their Genesis FB Page "We are pleased to announce that Nintendo has given us early beta access to the new smash game (code name Omega) to showcase at Genesis 2!" =D

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Actually I came in here seeing if there was anymore exciting news for Genesis 2 or if anyone was having hyped remarks about the new Smash game in development.

Hardly use namesearch. lol

[EDIT]

Hey, Icy. You going to this? I wanna kick your ***.
in Melee

t3h Icy

Smash Master
...... dunno where the hell that came from.
Oh pssh I'm just bugging you. If you do make bracket though, don't take an extended vacation again. <3

And I can't go; have to help with moving and stuff, and getting settled in. University stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom