• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DaShizWiz Vs Falcomist

jugfingers

Smash Champion
oh LOL. I was being a bit fancy... But after that Forward B I wanted to F-air into dolphin slash to make sure he was dead... WASNT the smartest thing to do... but u know I was being serious yet having fun with the set. Well the F-air after the Forward B was the main thing that I wanted.

BUT IN THE END... Came into a situational thing... When I forward B he was too close to me so the Firebird was gonna hit me... So I choked at that instance and Bair into nothing instead =/.

Also I read what game u were talking about... I think it was game 2.2.
if you hit him with the light reverse bair though and then reverse upB ko'd him it would have been the illest marth edgegaurd ever.

also get at dsw's double laser reverse utilt to bair/suicide on yoshis , that **** was ****.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
I havnt seen such a Clutch and Serious in so long,Big ups to Falcomist & Shiz both of you put in so much work.i was inspired and i dont even play these characters.Experience takes you a long way.Keep it up 10/10 i regret leaving CGC early

JPOBS

Smash Hero
beautiful set.
i liked it cuz it was just two raw mofos goign at it, trying original stuff and getting rewarded/***** for it. mad entertaining.

I feel like if falcomist could just tighten up his combos a little he could have won fairly easily. He dropped a few easy combos but still managed to hang in there.

It was no shiz vs m2k, but it was greatly entertaining.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Some ridiculous sets there. Definitely the best vids I've watched in some time.

What happened to game 1 of shiz vs ss, btw?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Like I understand the sets were close but neither of them played that well I thought.
they didn't play like super solid or whatever but I thought thats what made it so awesome cause they were just trying to bust crazy **** the whole time and then they'd randomly pull out some amazing combos every match, especially shiz, also you see those shine turnaround grabs, pretty progressive stuff from shiz.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Most people will realize that both players were making silly mistakes. What made the matches awesome was just watching them "suddenly" get really really good for one amazing combo.

The Star King

Smash Hero
This set was amazing, but the one thing that pissed me off is Shiz SIDEB-ING EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I feel like Shiz wasn't playing his best. Especially in the first set. But even later he was recovering very predictably.

That said, those were some pretty awesome Melee sets. Shiz vs. SS was pretty sweet too. Shine to grab is too good.

DaShizWiz is one of the most fun players to watch along with Mango, Darkrain and M2K.

Pritch

Smash Lord
For those who are complaining about them not being on the top of their game, while I can't speak for falcomist since I don't know much about him I'd be willing to bet shiz has hardly touched smash since genesis, aside from a couple of small florida tournaments. He was probably mad rusty. There was a good period there where he didn't even own the game (he may still not own it, I dunno).

I also don't get why people were making such a big deal about the suicide spike endings. I mean, maybe it's just because I've been watching shiz in florida tournaments since I started playing back in 2005, but that's just how shiz ends matches. It's been one of his signature things since I first started watching him play.

Sucks that he was missing so many of them though. Not to make excuses for the guy, but again I'd assume rust johns.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Shiz is the best falco. WD back, shine, TURN AND JC GRAB? Good lord that is one sexy falco strat.

Falcomist's marth is uber legit. I was rooting for him the entire time. I have a new favorite marth.

takieddine

Smash Master
Entertaining set for sure, it was dramatic.

Lots of mistakes however, mosly on shiz's part you can see where bad bad DI is, and poor recoveries which falcomist took full advantage of.

good stuff from both players though.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Those were some pretty huge BALLS. But I don't think anything will top mango going for that rest on armada's roll at genesis with 600 people watching if he missed it he lost the entire tournament for our entire country the first time an EU invader came. He was down 1-2 at that point and both on the last stock and he was at kill % if he missed the rest on that roll lol.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
wow, people are being really critical about a set of matches that was pretty entertaining. it doesn't matter if they're super precise, just enjoy the matches

note: pretty surprised it went a full 15 matches. only other sets i saw that ever went that far was drephen vs kels. good shiet to homemadewaffles to recovering them!

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
shiz almost looked like he was sandbagging to give us a show. Maybe he was rusty...at moments it looked like he was playing at his best, but you could see his consistency was real lacking. He certainly didnt play very patient, probably because he was confident that he could win while still playing very aggressive. For example, not once did he change up his recovery strategy. He literally forward b'd onto the stage every time...

Falcomist is clearly not very familiar with marth, being that it is a secondary, so he was doing lots of "out of the box" strategies. Some worked, some didnt. I thought he played quite well considering the circumstances. He impressed me more than shiz these sets.

Mistakes were all over the place from both sides, and neither of them were playing very safe throughout the whole set. It made it very appealing to watch, although I'm not sure how smart it really was. In any case, the sets always ended up close, which made it fun to watch, and of course that ending couldnt be better.

It was probably so entertaining because it had every ingredient that makes up a perfect set. A local underdog beating a hero set one, and than the retired hero struggling to make his way back on top, with an unbelievable finale. Very dramatic, but certainly not 2010 level smash. 8/10

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Anyone else think it's possible that Falcomist made up for his slack with marth simply by being familiar with Falco? He is FALCOMIST and he did main Falco forever. It would seem to me that knowing the character may have helped him in some situations not just DSW's mistakes.

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
the good player fund was the greatest idea introduced in a while
how much did shiz win/contribute back to the fund?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
And how much money did they raise for him in the first place? And how did they do that? Like a small portion out of weekly tournaments, or like people just put in money by themselves?

Great set, I want to start seeing Shiz attend more tournaments, he's so dominant. And I've never seen Falcomist before, but that's a really nice marth. Good stuff. All I want to see from Shiz more is shortened phantasms and up-b sweetspotting. His recovery was definitely getting predictable, and I've seen that in the past too.

Edit: And why isn't there a video thread for this tournament? Seems like it would be helpful.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Anyone else think it's possible that Falcomist made up for his slack with marth simply by being familiar with Falco? He is FALCOMIST and he did main Falco forever. It would seem to me that knowing the character may have helped him in some situations not just DSW's mistakes.
He beat SilentSpectre too you know.

SilentSpectre.

Those were some pretty huge BALLS. But I don't think anything will top mango going for that rest on armada's roll at genesis with 600 people watching if he missed it he lost the entire tournament for our entire country the first time an EU invader came. He was down 1-2 at that point and both on the last stock and he was at kill % if he missed the rest on that roll lol.
God that **** was so epic.

Maylay, man. Maylay.

shiz almost looked like he was sandbagging to give us a show.
The **** is this ****.

No.

Falcomist is clearly not very familiar with marth, being that it is a secondary, so he was doing lots of "out of the box" strategies. Some worked, some didnt. I thought he played quite well considering the circumstances. He impressed me more than shiz these sets.
Which is exactly why he called himself a "Marth main" in this very thread. I get what you are trying to say, but I doubt his "out of the box" strategies had anything to do with his Falco. Falcomist has a unique style that is unorthodox and creative (kinda like KFC actually).

As far as people criticizing Falcomist's precision with Marth, remember that everyone isn't M2K ffs. No Marth can do what M2K pulls off on a regular basis. People were perfecting Marth for years (Azen, Ken, etc.) and they never developed the things he innovated. **** is hard to do. Falcomist, like everyone, has room to improve that precision, but give him a break. A lot of the edgeguards and combos he did were very, very impressive.

10/10. eff the haters.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
10/10..there mistakes still looked better than our matches..

falcomist-did u play shiz in any falco dittos
I got owned owned... and... more owned... thats why I tried playing him before the tourney began to see how I did... Yea... Marth ftw lol.

Also to all the people who been hating on my marth. I really don't mind u hating on my marth since I did play pretty sloppy only because I got nervous. I mean a lot of ppl get nervous in tournament, its just how u make up for it and I tried really hard to lol. Also... I dont play practice or play much smash anymore. I kind of just went to the tournament to hang with friends and somehow I got far xD. I dont practice so maybe im outdated on my marth combos xD.

But yea for those who enjoyed the sets I'm glad u liked it.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Shiz beat Lucky 3-0 and beat SS in losers finals. It's quite interesting people think Shiz was sandbagging.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Shiz beat Lucky 3-0 and beat SS in losers finals. It's quite interesting people think Shiz was sandbagging.
I did my homework. I went back and looked at some of shiz's other matches. And 1 area were he slacked on the most was recover vs Marths.

Look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lI3BrBa8RY

This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyDa3LUNBk&feature=related

and This.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItLZ2rmO01o

Also This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQ4AuKMkoc&feature=related

Finally this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ekEy9V9F0

2 things that haven't really changed that much to me.

1 Dashizwiz ***** and 2 Dashizwiz rarely goes for sweetspots. Nobody is perfect. I heard Falcomist can't JC grab. Maybe it's just something shiz can't/opts not to do.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
shiz was ****ing up with his side-b's right into falcomist, but that changes nothing. The set was G R E A T. the "oh it was good but they played bad" GTFO no1 cares what you think, both falcomist and shiz would probably **** you into submission on a bad day, so until you can do better shut-up and give props.

****NNN Falcomist, beating SS with Marth? That needs to be brought up more.........DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

cykofox

Smash Ace
you guys r dum as hell. thats just shiz style and it only works for him. just like drephens style only works for him.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
51% is KO percent in Peach / Puff...?

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
shiz almost looked like he was sandbagging to give us a show. Maybe he was rusty...at moments it looked like he was playing at his best, but you could see his consistency was real lacking. He certainly didnt play very patient, probably because he was confident that he could win while still playing very aggressive. For example, not once did he change up his recovery strategy. He literally forward b'd onto the stage every time...

Mistakes were all over the place from both sides, and neither of them were playing very safe throughout the whole set. It made it very appealing to watch, although I'm not sure how smart it really was. In any case, the sets always ended up close, which made it fun to watch, and of course that ending couldnt be better.

It was probably so entertaining because it had every ingredient that makes up a perfect set. A local underdog beating a hero set one, and than the retired hero struggling to make his way back on top, with an unbelievable finale. Very dramatic, but certainly not 2010 level smash. 8/10
hate this post

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you guys r dum as hell. thats just shiz style and it only works for him. just like drephens style only works for him.
Basically wins the argument here.

Look at the vids I posted. All random matches vs marth. His recovery is unchanged. It's his style and as Reneblade stated many talking about it the most would be lucky to take a stock off Shiz let alone a match. Falcomist would probably **** them also myself included....no need to fuss about it at all. Great Sets....The End!

Mobil

Smash Rookie
Too much criticism for a classic set. Have never seen a marth like that, good sh*t falcomist, just go marth from now on haha but seriously that set was too sick, and that could be the worlds best marth soon

Top Bottom