• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrain is now the best Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

I'm the best Captain Falcon anyway.

Pshh.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
sorry s2j hax is gonna be around and he'll be twice as good as he is now, and thats alot

hax for best falcon ever

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
This is probably the closest it'll ever be between the big four, Darkrain SS Hax Scar... I think Darkrain *still* has the edge as a national tourney contender, with SS and Hax in a dead heat right behind him, but I think Scar has the greatest potential overall since he arguably ***** the hardest out of all of them after he manages to get a hit in, plus the dual coast experience really does sound valuable with all things considered.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Immortal: NES N00b, Isai
Hax: Hax...? Darkrain, Scar, SS
Pretty Good: The Mana Whored, Rent-a-blade
Okay I guess: BluePeachy
Scrubs: Everyone else, that isn't Juggleguy, because Juggleguy is awesomewin.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
This is probably the closest it'll ever be between the big four, Darkrain SS Hax Scar... I think Darkrain *still* has the edge as a national tourney contender, with SS and Hax in a dead heat right behind him, but I think Scar has the greatest potential overall since he arguably ***** the hardest out of all of them after he manages to get a hit in, plus the dual coast experience really does sound valuable with all things considered.
sorry but darkrain isnt better in nationals

hes probably the most consistent placing

but hasnt placed highest since genesis

hax is also consistent and i think hes ahead of darkrain now

ss is also up there and then scar is a big inconsistent nub cake of love but he'll get better

theres only been 2 big nationals the big4 have been in but idk hax just keeps getting smarter

he took a game off hbox thats freakin amazing

i dont think darkrain has played hbox since hbox got really good

Cups

Smash Ace
here's some history for you:

Scar: I'm going to be the best soon (2007). I'm going to be the best soon (2010).

Hax: I'M TEH BEST WHEN I PLAY GUD. Still has yet to "play gud."

SS: I don't care whether you think I'm the best or not, I'm a good player and my fanboys are ********. I beat my friends most of the time and just recently started doing well at national tournaments but not enough to be convincing. Commentators say I'm good and start screaming when I do run-of-the-mill techchasing so it tricks stupid people into thinking I'm the best.

Darkrain: I've been the best since 2004. I've developed and carried the falcon metagame for the past half decade and am still placing higher and more consistently than the other 3 falcons. At the most recent tournament, I beat all the Falcons easily and convincingly in a Falcon tournament. I also don't care what you think, I've made about as many posts since 2003 as scar does before lunch, most of them being my girlfriend posting on my account. I alone am the one that made Falcon into the combo machine that people see him to be today. I am the most aggressive player in the history of melee. I have maintained to be the best in a region with almost no competitive melee scene. I pretty much payed my way through college with my winnings from Melee. I currently am being compared in a worthless thread filled with people that lose sight of what playing falcon is about: having fun and not caring whether you are good or not, seeing your friends at tourneys and doing cool things with a ****ty character.

Bottom line: this "best falcon" conversation has been happening since 2003, and it's always been between darkrain and some other guy (isai, jiano, g-reg), and no matter how many people cover their ears and say LALALA, it won't stop being true that he is and has always been the best.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
sorry but your bottom line is completely wrong

isai was the best until he retired, undisputed best until 2006, no one ever said oh darkrain is better then isai it wasnt even close

was it ken vs darkrain? no ken vs isai ALL FREAKIN DAI

then he started to sandbag

after him was g-reg for a little till maybe late 07?

now darkrain undisputted until maybe 09

2010 now its hax

and wtf @ the scar nonsense

he was the top placing falcon at genesis regardless of anything, no bracket johns

hax has been placing very consistently lately and he is still getting better

ss did more then enough convincing after the armada bit, i know 95% of everyone changed their mind about him after pound and didnt he outplace darkrain in pound ? and hax tied with him

so that means that the other 3 falcons have either tied with him or done better then him.

at absolute minimum, hax and darkrain are even.

they tied in pound and darkrain outplaced him by 1 in genesis

sorry but the real bottom line is

darkrain isnt the best anymore

he was a little while ago

but sorry, darkrain has been around for too long and i think the metage is advancing around him

scar moved to WC to play with ss, theyre gonna learn from eachother and become beasts

hax, hes in one of the best regions in the US, and hes still fresh, hes gonna keep learning

darkrain like u said lives in the middle of no where i believe?

im sorry but people saying that darkrain is the best is more fanboyish then people saying that nah hes not, not anymore

i have no biased towards any falcon, not anymore atleast, theyre all good too good

im just saying, you can tell that hax is still advancing, his style keeps changing

he is gonna be the undisputed #1 one soon

Cups

Smash Ace
L2read, never responding to spammy mctrollspam again

isai stopped playing falcon pretty much as soon as he picked him up, sweet if he was good for 2 years with falcon then punked out and picked up sheik after losing (oh sorry "sandbagging"). awesome falcon hero. g-reg got demolished by darkrain in tournament placings and in matches every time they played during those years (look up fc diamond, which was in 2007 btw). the only one ever arguing that greg was the best in his prime was greg.

saying no bracket johns is ridiculous seeing as how a bracket is set up determines how good of people a falcon will play. there's a reason why football teams in the middle of nowhere that haven't been defeated in 50 years still aren't considered the best, becuase they don't beat the best. scar played scrubs (admitting himself) until he was embarrassed by mango, and that's no johns.

ss and darkrain lost to the same people at pound but brackets blah blah blah. i don't care if he beat armada or not, darkrain hasn't played him so we can't say anything.

the main thing with all of this is i know my history and have gone to these tournaments over the years and choose to stay informed. most people on the falcon boards (including jona) just spew out things that have no truth to them and hope to God nobody calls them out on it. The thing is is that many of the people here weren't around "back then" like i was, and just repeat stuff they heard that isn't true, instead of actually knowing, they're just kids talking on an internet forum.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
that might be true

but as much as i dont like g-reg for being gay when brawl came out,

i dont see why he wasnt the best in that time

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Lol jona i like how you say "darkrain isnt the best naymore'

then all your following sentences contain words like "gonna" 'will be' "soon to be" etc etc.

Face it, Darkrain is the undisbuted champion falcon RIGHT NOW and he has been for like 4 years now lol.

Hax will one day be the best though <3 hax.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord

ss is also up there and then scar is a big inconsistent nub cake of love but he'll get better

theres only been 2 big nationals the big4 have been in but idk hax just keeps getting smarter

Right, then HBox went in **** mode and said "Lol no, now you get 2 and 3 stocked". 3 stocked Hax on Hax's counterpick lmao. also, how do you think hax is ahead of darkrain if HAX AND SCAR both say that darkrain is the best? hasnt placed highest since genesis, lets be honest here and we'll all agree that Scar had a relatively easier bracket than Darkrain did, yes? Darkrain had Mew2King in WB a bit earlier than Scar had Mango, and guess who beat both Darkrain and Scar, in which Scar just happened to be at that guaranteed 5th spot so he faced the guy AFTER Darkrain? HungryBox...yeah. Pretty sure we can all agree that if Darkrain had beaten HBox he would have beaten Scar and therefore gotten at least 4th, PLACING THE HIGHEST. Also, people played out who got 6th and 7th place because those individual placings got more money. Darkrain and Hax were tied for 7th, guess who won?

As for Darkrain being the most consistent placing...by saying that all you're doing is proving the point that Darkrain is the best(in which he is). Aren't things based off of who's the most consistent?

I also fail to see the point in you saying Hax is the best(or if you said any other Falcon) because well, as said before, Scar AND Hax have both said Darkrain is the best.

Anyways all of this in a nutshell can best be explained by Cups. ^_^

EDIT: Nevermind, Jona is trolling. Why? Because he ACTUALLY thought G-reg was the best(or so it appears).

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Cups said:
isai stopped playing falcon pretty much as soon as he picked him up, sweet if he was good for 2 years with falcon then punked out and picked up sheik after losing (oh sorry "sandbagging"). awesome falcon hero. g-reg got demolished by darkrain in tournament placings and in matches every time they played during those years (look up fc diamond, which was in 2007 btw). the only one ever arguing that greg was the best in his prime was greg.
sorry but isai invented the falcon metagame, not darkrain.

you dont invent something like that in 2 years.

so what if he played sheik, who said he was my falcon hero anyways.

and about g-reg, who cares anyways so what darkrain was the bomb from 07 to 09 cool

Cups said:
saying no bracket johns is ridiculous seeing as how a bracket is set up determines how good of people a falcon will play. there's a reason why football teams in the middle of nowhere that haven't been defeated in 50 years still aren't considered the best, becuase they don't beat the best. scar played scrubs (admitting himself) until he was embarrassed by mango, and that's no johns.

ss and darkrain lost to the same people at pound but brackets blah blah blah. i don't care if he beat armada or not, darkrain hasn't played him so we can't say anything.
no johns is not giving excuses. scar can say whatever he wants about himself

the reality is it could have gone down a thousand different ways, but it didnt.

scar landed on top in genesis.

and how do you not care if ss, the supposed "needs to travel more" falcon, beat armada who is the best in europe, or 2nd best w/e

its true darkrain hasnt played him but still, you dont just beat arguably the best player in a continent.

Cups said:
the main thing with all of this is i know my history and have gone to these tournaments over the years and choose to stay informed. most people on the falcon boards (including jona) just spew out things that have no truth to them and hope to God nobody calls them out on it. The thing is is that many of the people here weren't around "back then" like i was, and just repeat stuff they heard that isn't true, instead of actually knowing, they're just kids talking on an internet forum.
idc if you call me out anything

its not like im gonna get embarassed lol, at worst ill say "oh crap youre right"

so what if you were there and i wasnt?

the results speak for themselves right?

do you notice 3 other falcons crowding darkrain in placings?

then why are you saying that with no doubt in your mind he's the best?

it doesnt make sense to me.

the best falcon will ALWAYS get the highest placing.

with that said you can say that we dont know who the best is because of the results

but you can see inconsistency in everyone but darkrain and hax

you can see hax going from 1 placing behind darkrain to tying with him

what can expect next then?

hax to outplace darkrain right...

how about this, next national, when hax outplaces all of them, then we talk again

for now you can say darkrain is the best, i still think hax is

strawhats

Smash Master
Ah..darkrain has always consistently done better than scar, hax, and ss simply because he has experience and has played the top level players and always travels

Its kinda foolish at this point to argue this anymore...DARKRAIN IS THE BEST FALCON

THE END.

Isai is the most legendary falcon therefore by default he is the GREATEST. lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
here's some history for you:

Scar: I'm going to be the best soon (2007). I'm going to be the best soon (2010).

Hax: I'M TEH BEST WHEN I PLAY GUD. Still has yet to "play gud."

SS: I don't care whether you think I'm the best or not, I'm a good player and my fanboys are ********. I beat my friends most of the time and just recently started doing well at national tournaments but not enough to be convincing. Commentators say I'm good and start screaming when I do run-of-the-mill techchasing so it tricks stupid people into thinking I'm the best.

Darkrain: I've been the best since 2004. I've developed and carried the falcon metagame for the past half decade and am still placing higher and more consistently than the other 3 falcons. At the most recent tournament, I beat all the Falcons easily and convincingly in a Falcon tournament. I also don't care what you think, I've made about as many posts since 2003 as scar does before lunch, most of them being my girlfriend posting on my account. I alone am the one that made Falcon into the combo machine that people see him to be today. I am the most aggressive player in the history of melee. I have maintained to be the best in a region with almost no competitive melee scene. I pretty much payed my way through college with my winnings from Melee. I currently am being compared in a worthless thread filled with people that lose sight of what playing falcon is about: having fun and not caring whether you are good or not, seeing your friends at tourneys and doing cool things with a ****ty character.

Bottom line: this "best falcon" conversation has been happening since 2003, and it's always been between darkrain and some other guy (isai, jiano, g-reg), and no matter how many people cover their ears and say LALALA, it won't stop being true that he is and has always been the best.
cups: trolls the boards exclusively to take every attempt that presents itself (apparent or not-so-much) to say that darkrain is the best falcon

meanwhile hasn't gotten better at the game since joindate

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the classic counter attack, used to attempt to distract people from the original post
ahhh

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
IMO, hax fanboys are more annoying than any other falcon, even SS, just because they're the most aggressive fanboys around. They relentlessly push hax to the front, making me skeptical if hes actually earned it, or just being carried by the huge, annoying bandwagon.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure if he just picked up a contrtoller (for the first time in years), Isai would not be the best because he would be rusty and he would need to get caught up on the metagame. But I'm sure after 1-2 tournaments he would go right back to his #1 falcon ways, and perhaps become #1 overall. He's one of the few players out there who would combine the older style of play with the modern style of play, which would throw everybody off. That, and the fact that he's the greatest.

Scar

#HarveyDent
on hax:

i started that i think lol, i think he's the best (or has the potential to be the best)

on isai:

i played isai 3 days ago

he said it's the first time he's played in about a year

mother****er is more technical than i am (and i think i'm the fastest atm)

give him a week he'll be beating hbox 3 stocks to 1 then SD twice and jump into utilt rest and lose

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
on isai:

i played isai 3 days ago

he said it's the first time he's played in about a year

mother****er is more technical than i am (and i think i'm the fastest atm)

give him a week he'll be beating hbox 3 stocks to 1 then SD twice and jump into utilt rest and lose
lol. Sounds ****. <3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
cups: trolls the boards exclusively to take every attempt that presents itself (apparent or not-so-much) to say that darkrain is the best falcon

meanwhile hasn't gotten better at the game since joindate
Cups is totally right though.

You mad?

I think you are.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i just infracted him for trolling me

lol trolling a mod

man i ignored it for like 3 weeks

i think it's about time he got 2 points

and 2 more for each subsequent instance

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i just infracted him for trolling me

lol trolling a mod

man i ignored it for like 3 weeks

i think it's about time he got 2 points

and 2 more for each subsequent instance
hahaha

lmao

wait

scar you infracted me one time too

i hate u >=[

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Immortal: NES N00b, Isai
Hax: Hax...? Darkrain, Scar, SS
Pretty Good: The Mana Whored, Rent-a-blade
Okay I guess: BluePeachy
Scrubs: Everyone else, that isn't Juggleguy, because Juggleguy is awesomewin.
false, i have the tech skill of some1 who just picked up the game yesterday and have won exactly 0 tourney sets outside of vs my crew members.

i havent read a single post you made in this thread since this one.
Get that Bull**** bias out of my face, son.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tuvbF1bp9w)

Animal

Smash Lord
Im pretty biased in saying hax is the best because he is the only falcon out of the 4 i played or have talked to lol. Scar next tourny i decide to go to we gotta play. My fox got ALOT better since SPOC Vlll and ROM2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom