• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrain is now the best Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostility

Smash Ace
SS has beaten a lot of really good people, and is one of the few people to take a set off mango in the past like 2 years and has now convincingly beaten armada, and placed higher than darkrain at pound 4. You guys saying he's all flash and can't beat anyone out of region and stuff are really stupid.

But with that said I think that:

#1 darkrain
#2 SS
#3 hax
#4 Scar

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
god i dunno its pretty dam close either way

darkrain is the best id have to say and then its too close to call between silent spectre scar and hax after seeing what hax has done @ pound im impressed i gotta say

Scar

#HarveyDent
imo hax has the most potential

jeff is incredibly skilled man, no one has his ability at this point to learn someone in such a short amount of time

darkrain has always been the best and it makes no sense but he just ***** and *****

give me 6 months and i am like extremely confident that i will be the best of the 4 of us, for at least a few months

no one has the opportunity that i have which is the EC + WC playstyle experience and the ability to learn and steal **** off of all 3 of the other falcons, i'm absorbing a lot of what jeff excels at, he's wayyyy to good and i'm wayy too smart to not be able to take a lot from him

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
clearly SS being the highest placing falcon at Pound 4 proves he's the best

Paix

Smash Apprentice
Isai was the best before he retired. Due to that, it'd have to go to Darkrain or SS...

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We got the man who destroyed the Falcon-only tourney versus the man who pulled the upset of the decade. Oh yeah, they also teamed and got motherfffin 2nd at the biggest Melee national ever. Darkrain and SilentSpectre, yo.. why don't we re-open that thread Scar made about a year ago?

Stev

Smash Ace
We got the man who destroyed the Falcon-only tourney versus the man who pulled the upset of the decade. Oh yeah, they also teamed and got motherfffin 2nd at the biggest Melee national ever. Darkrain and SilentSpectre, yo.. why don't we re-open that thread Scar made about a year ago?
I dunno if i'd call that the upset of the decade. We already know Armada doesn't have the best falcon game (or he at least got wrecked by Calle W's falcon). I kinda saw it coming. And i'm pretty sure i'd call Kage over Mango a bigger upset

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol i saw isai make a post like "I'll come back if SCAR trains me!"

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Darkrain was the Best before this happened. SS is 2nd best, Hax is 3rd with the potential to one ungodly good if he keeps it up then Scar. But I agree that Scar has an unbelievable opportunity to meld EC and WC knowledge.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scar becomes the best Falcon ever after all is said and done. But for right now Darkrain is the indisputable champ.

Animal

Smash Lord
Hax is so ****, if he has a crowd behind him he is unbeatable. I've never seen a falcon with as good DI as he has I think that's why he recovers with falcon better than any other falcon. Also Scar is just constantly getting better, constantly learning, its insane. Also mango's falcon is prob the best falcon. i wanted too see mango go falcon against Armada in pound 4 finals =/
i'll be at the next one. watch out for me.

GOTM

Smash Champion
scar you blow. but yeah i got a question for you, when isai played you wouldnt have considered him better than dark?

edit: you got that mofos shirt wit his **** face on it

PEEF!

Smash Hero
That falcon tournament was amazing!

I have a question. Is Falcon actually a better character than everyone says he is? Falcons are placing very well consistently, yet even falcon mains say "oh my character is terrible/I wish i played a good character".....

People need to stop that facade and realize that Falcon is one of the best characters in the game and is completely capable of winning any tournament. This character is great, and really is just about as good as any other.

Animal

Smash Lord

I have a question. Is Falcon actually a better character than everyone says he is? Falcons are placing very well consistently, yet even falcon mains say "oh my character is terrible/I wish i played a good character".....

People need to stop that facade and realize that Falcon is one of the best characters in the game and is completely capable of winning any tournament. This character is great, and really is just about as good as any other.
although i didnt play falcon in pools at ROM2 i was suprised by how much it was ******, where i would previously lose against hte person with my fox (my main) the match before. Every1 knows how 2 play against a fox. I think a good amount of people underestimate or just dont know the captain falcon matchup that well.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
A lot of it has to do with your mindset on the day of. Anyways all of them are mad good. And we all know that falcon is the people's champ so I'll root for any of them over mostly anybody cause falcon is just mad hype.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I'm pretty sure all the good players here realize they have a great character for a main, though i think some lower players don't understand the joking/believe falcon really suxxx

Stev

Smash Ace
Well the top tiered characters have ways of just shutting down falcon (fox's nair, falco's laser, sheik's everything). Really, his best matchup is against marth, but the other matchups, if player correctly, are VERY tough. The thing falcon has going for him tho, is his ability to combo those characters and his knee is devestating. Also, his recovery is easily edgeguarded by all 4 of them. Is Falcon a BAD character? Not in any means. He's just limited by the higher tiered characters' advantage over him.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Not to be rude to Darkrain, but to attack your logic directly, so what happens the next round robin that Wobbles is in?
Haha, you don't know how good Rob is my friend. Trust me, you don't.

Yeah SS got 2nd playing a bunch of people he's played hundreds of times. Scar on the other hand was recently thrown into an entirely new region containing players with different styles than he is used to. I don't think you'd see SS travel to EC and get 2nd in a big tourney, especially if Tope/Teczero/Vanz/Plank/other good sheiks show up.
Hopefully you still aren't sticking to these words.

you guys are such n00bs

i have always said that darkrain is the best and no one listened to me

an all-falcon tourney doesn't PROVE that he's the best though just like me beating SS in that tourney means that i'm better than SS or him beating me at r00rfest proves that he's better than me so on and so forth

also brackets do not prove that any one player is better than another, it depends on a lot of things, easy bracket, hard bracket, or brackets that are easy for certain players as opposed to others

for example i suck vs peach and SS is not incredible vs sheik so if i get tope first round or if SS had tope first round and i ***** topes face bc hes a n00b but SS got ***** by tope bc he has no gay sheik experience, that doesn't make either players' bracket easier or harder bc its the same one but one advances and one doesn't not because one is better than the other but only because of exp / matchup preferences etc

all in all i've said that darkrain i'm not even listing because he may or may not be rusty but when he was in practice he is the best no question all the time forever

after that is SS/Hax, i can't see them not going back and forth, they are both very strong in a lot of different areas

and i'd put myself at a close 4th but projecting into the future i think my traveling and my EC exp combined with being immersed in the WC is going to make me way more of a contender in upcoming months than i have been up to this point.
Hax is better than I thought for sure, he has a very VERY strange playstyle imo however. He's 3rd best to me because SS still pulls out the **** a lot.

As for 4th best....Scar you should come to Arizona sometime and MM GG7, that'd be cool to see ^_^.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
I believe that when SS is at his best, he is the best falcon.
He's just a bit inconsistent, which can change if he continues to play OOS tournaments.

You don't 2-0 armada if you're not something special.
And don't be all like "falcon is armada's weakness", because hax is awesome too, and armada beat him.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I think that if Hax would have played AR first he would have won and SS would have lost. Armada just doesnt know about our falcons, and he learns quickly, unfortunately for Hax.

Darkrain would have destroyed AR too I have little doubt.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I think that if Hax would have played AR first he would have won and SS would have lost. Armada just doesnt know about our falcons, and he learns quickly, unfortunately for Hax.

Darkrain would have destroyed AR too I have little doubt.
Yeah Hax losing last stock high % only happened cause Armada learned our Falcons in 2 sets.

It had nothing to do with learning, Hax plays COMPLETELY different from SS and imo had the set vs Armada won. He just didn't get it done and Armada did.

Animal

Smash Lord
And this is significant because? Calle W is still a pro player, one of the best in Europe.
It's not like he's a ****ing pushover. Fool.
Obviously armada's played good falcons before, but our falcons are on a completely different level then theirs.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Scar is better than GG7 haha.
Haha I could do some things by Inui logic but obviously that's just dumb. GG7 is really good at Falcon dittos though and if he did lose to Scar I don't think it'd be a horrible loss it'd be really close. GG7 is REALLY GOOD trust me I play him all the time.

Yeah Hax losing last stock high % only happened cause Armada learned our Falcons in 2 sets.

It had nothing to do with learning, Hax plays COMPLETELY different from SS and imo had the set vs Armada won. He just didn't get it done and Armada did.
Hax didn't lose high %. Armada was at like 30% haha. I mean yeah you can bring up the argument of them playing different styles, or you can bring up the fact that no matter what happened of who faced who in Winners or Losers, in game 2 SS vs Armada, on ARMADA'S COUNTERPICK, SS looked like he was in full control the WHOLE match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom