• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrain is now the best Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yeah calle w is #2 in europe i thought? and amsah wasnt considered better then armada yet he outplaced him... i think calle w would do very well in the U.S. and if his falcon can beat armada it's gotta be pretty good.

Animal

Smash Lord
yeah calle w is #2 in europe i thought? and amsah wasnt considered better then armada yet he outplaced him... i think calle w would do very well in the U.S. and if his falcon can beat armada it's gotta be pretty good.
calle w mains falco

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
And this is significant because? Calle W is still a pro player, one of the best in Europe.
It's not like he's a ****ing pushover. Fool.
Soooooo, if Darkrain 2nd mained Falco and beat Mango a couple times in friendlys I'm aloud to say Darkrains Falco made him good enough to beat Calle Ws Falco? No, Darkrain DOESN'T main Falco. Just like Calle W DOESN'T main Falcon. Practice from Calle Ws falcon is not going to get Armada good enough to beat our Falcon MAINS.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I think that if Hax would have played AR first he would have won and SS would have lost. Armada just doesnt know about our falcons, and he learns quickly, unfortunately for Hax.

Darkrain would have destroyed AR too I have little doubt.
I dunno. SS kinda got the peach match up beat into him by pink shinobi. I don't really think it was a "first come, first served" kind of thing.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea i agree with etwist

they have no falcon mains over there

except for fuzzy something i forgot...and hes nothing compared to the 4top

armada would only get good against falcon if he played with one of the 4 alot in friendlies or something

they can try but... i dont think its the same

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
no johns people, seriously

everybody knew that amsah would place high cause we don't have any good sheik experience except against m2k (not saying amsah isn't good)

and armada placed a bit lower cause he doesn't have any good falcon experience. that's all

Animal

Smash Lord
no johns people, seriously

everybody knew that amsah would place high cause we don't have any good sheik experience except against m2k (not saying amsah isn't good)

and armada placed a bit lower cause he doesn't have any good falcon experience. that's all
KDJ was godly. I think the actualy switch of versions between games had a huge factor of why amsah beat armada. In europe yoiu cant do as much stuff out of sheiks grab apparently, and idt armada was use 2 that.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
KDJ was godly. I think the actualy switch of versions between games had a huge factor of why amsah beat armada. In europe yoiu cant do as much stuff out of sheiks grab apparently, and idt armada was use 2 that.
I'm pretty sure Armada knew but you can't really do much against it.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Soooooo, if Darkrain 2nd mained Falco and beat Mango a couple times in friendlys I'm aloud to say Darkrains Falco made him good enough to beat Calle Ws Falco? No, Darkrain DOESN'T main Falco. Just like Calle W DOESN'T main Falcon. Practice from Calle Ws falcon is not going to get Armada good enough to beat our Falcon MAINS.
...What?
I'm saying that it means that he had falcon experience, I have no idea what you're saying... :laugh:
I'm pretty sure calle w has a pretty good falcon (i.e. would 4stock you or me), and yes, I agree that it's not at the level of darkrain's falcon.

Also, by your logic, mango doesn't main falcon, so training against his falcon would be pointless, it would obviously leave you completely unprepared against a falcon main like hax.

Oh, and another thing, darkrain's falco would get spit roasted by mango. Even in friendlies, surely you realise this.

EDIT:

WUT

I'd personally put amsah as #2, then it's interesting competition. Some people rate calle w very highly, whereas for others he does not break into the top 10.
It's the same for Ek.

Animal

Smash Lord
i was just saying we did have one of the best sheiks in the world, but that was back in the day.

True there wasnt much armada can do.

Manalord cool post bro.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
um calle w is undoubtedly top 5 in europe lol, I dunno how he could not make top 10
armada
amsah
zgetto
strawhat
over

is my top 5, then there are other players to consider like remen, adam, faab, makenshi, IVP and fuzzyness.
You know how it is with people rating players differently. For example, until very very recently, some people thought that mew2king was still better than mango... *cough* :chuckle:

Laem

Smash Champion
remen is rly good, and faab gave mango and zhu the business in crews (although halfway mango used some of his magic to make faabs last 2 stocks disappear). Also, for best falcon:

At approximately 15 Feb 2010, it will be Scar.

Banks

Smash Hero
back before KDJ quit he said he was "working" on a falcon, i remember he used him a couple times and then wouldn't use him in friendlies and said he was saving him

alas, we never got to see the results

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure NES n00b was the best Falcon.

*sigh* I can't get over it :(

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Darkrain has been the best since before Isai even retired. Once Isai stopped trying at tournaments, Darkrain and SS took over as the top Falcons.

If you look at the old cali power rankings, SS was a top falcon back in 2005, and has stayed as such for the last 5 years.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
armada
amsah
zgetto
strawhat
over

is my top 5, then there are other players to consider like remen, adam, faab, makenshi, IVP and fuzzyness.
You know how it is with people rating players differently. For example, until very very recently, some people thought that mew2king was still better than mango... *cough* :chuckle:
haha. if recently was back before genesis, sure. :)

You only 2-0 armada when he has zero Falcon experience. I guarantee that won't happen again. It's like Kage vs. Mango that ONE time, won't happen again.
nub, kage took two sets off mango

Animal

Smash Lord
haha. if recently was back before genesis, sure. :)

nub, kage took two sets off mango

mango was also hungover out of his mind, and clearly did not care. He lost to some kid in link dittos during pools 2. No johns, but he clearly wasnt at the top of his game at that tournament.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
First off, LOL at calling Skler "some kid". He's arguable the best link in the US. 2nd, NO JOHNS, you don't WRECK Jman and then lose to Kage and use hangover johns, and 3rd, learn your facts before you talk ****.

Animal

Smash Lord
First off, LOL at calling Skler "some kid". He's arguable the best link in the US. 2nd, NO JOHNS, you don't WRECK Jman and then lose to Kage and use hangover johns, and 3rd, learn your facts before you talk ****.
lol sorry didnt know his name. but ya it was a filthy set, i watched behind them. Mango kinda didnt care in that set either while comboing he would literally turn around and look at milktea to make sure shes watching. its hillarious. Props to the link who won.
Im not telling m2k fanboys anything lol and Mangos not 100 percent familliar with the ganon matchup like he is with fox. He vastly underestimated kage.

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
Get this **** out of the falcon boards you gossiping heathens. This "no johns" claim is so hilarious. It's like saying "no offense" before you say something offensive. Your point is to john but you just don't want to be called out for it.

I'm pretty sure NES n00b was the best Falcon.

*sigh* I can't get over it :(
:(

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Get this **** out of the falcon boards you gossiping heathens. This "no johns" claim is so hilarious. It's like saying "no offense" before you say something offensive. Your point is to john but you just don't want to be called out for it.
no jonhs

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol good

i was expecting you to be like

LISTEN MOTHA ****** I WILL ***** THE **** *** ***** *** OUTTA YOU

and then i woulda been like

lol

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
My first post was mainly a joke. I don't think I could ever get that angry on a forum lol but it's good thing other people do so I can spectate and laugh. Keep up the good work Jona.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
mmmmm no seems like this thread is doing just fine

it should be dead in a few days

;]

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I love watching SS but you cant say hes better than darkrain and heres my logic:

You can make 2 statements on who is better (Darkrain or SS)

1. Darkrain is Better

He wins smaller tournies (not neccessarily only in the MW look @ TO4) and owns the MW
He beat SS in dittoes
Placed higher at Genesis

2. I can't choose who is better

SS placed higher @ Pound BUT
Since Darkrain and every other falcon (Scar, Hax$) placed higher at Genesis, You have to either default back to the falcon tourney to decide who is better (Darkrain); or you can not factor in the head to head (I think only extreme SS fanboys [See Norcal and WC] would do this) and say "IDK".

Feel free to poke holes in my logic, but i think its pretty solid.

3. Scar needs to stop sandbagging and doing stupid suicide **** off stage and win a national tourney

Sup?

G~low

Smash Apprentice
It's going to be Scar in a couple months, if i was to say anything.

But for now idc, it depends alot on how well the Falcons' know a matchup/player/styles/character/etc. Which goes back to Scar, he has that oppurtunity living on both sides of the US.

Im kind of tired of this arguement idc whos better
I enjoy watchin the most electrifying man in Melee, Scar...along with SS ;]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
IDK how Scar is somehow going to rocket ahead in a couple months....

I mean, thatd be neat...but idk how that works...

Scar

#HarveyDent
nah dude it is how it works, you need to know the game first

progression:
control of your character (i have that)
an eye for the game and a quick mind (have that)
the opportunity to play against different styles (have that now, i'm gonna get better vs floaties AND spacies)
the opportunity to learn with someone as good but different than you (SS TRICK)

dude i got this no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom