• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Forget Revolution right now. All of the hype perform is in the Fort Worth Classic with three states confirmed in attendance with a fourth expressing interest, this tournament is shaping up to be one of the best in Fort Worth history.

Open question: Should the FWC be a monthly tournament or a every other month tournament?

Monthly tournament:

+ The date is predictable within a week or two(I'll usually hold them on the third saturday of the month)
+ The Venue contract is signed to hold the FWC for as long as I want to.

- I will have to pay $287.50 every month.
- People who would want Bonus pots would have to book with the venue every month.

Every other month Tournament:

+ The calender would be more open to other TOs who wish to host tournaments.
+ The Venue would work with the tournament to make a every other month tournament happen
+ It would be easier for out of state players to arrange travel to the tournament.

DatBass

Smash Cadet
Worship thy almighty Bass, for his greatness hast receivedeth positive feedback about.. psh wait, wait, I can't keep talking like I'm in the Elder Scrolls...

Anyways, guys, the people from the Gamerz Dome contacted me back and said they were interested in us hosting our tournaments (like Revolution and Phase!) there. We still have to work out the details, and they said they would keep in touch and us updated. This seems like something that could definitely work out as a permanent venue. Let's cross our fingers ;D <3

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Won't work. They will charge you $100 an hour to run tournaments. At least it was that much three months ago when I checked out the venue.

Like I explained ages ago, you will have to adjust your venue fee and entry fees to even consider covering the cost of the tournaments, especially if you are running multiple events in a day like Phase and Revolution is known for.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Worship thy almighty Bass, for his greatness hast receivedeth positive feedback about.. psh wait, wait, I can't keep talking like I'm in the Elder Scrolls...

Anyways, guys, the people from the Gamerz Dome contacted me back and said they were interested in us hosting our tournaments (like Revolution and Phase!) there. We still have to work out the details, and they said they would keep in touch and us updated. This seems like something that could definitely work out as a permanent venue. Let's cross our fingers ;D <3
1.: Will they let us bring extra Wiis and TVs?
2.: Will they have a high venue fee?
3.: Will they allow the use of Unity Ruleset?
4.: Will they Allow the TO to bring a laptop to run his own tournament?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Denti, we have better, manlier things to do Saturday! Global conquest! >:D

Edit: We'll miss you AeroLink, and all your Soul Mastering! :(
Oh, my SoulMastering continues, even in the depths of my absense. Muahahahahaha!

I shall try to get the ability to attend more often

Hey Denti, is there any word on the next revolution or is it too soon.
Take my place and rep that Link as best you can.

Sexy Mario. Srsly.
Indeed.

TAKE
TAKEURLIFE
NOAH

My debt is paid in full!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIoqMX3G728

Release me of my bonds!
Don't get the joke, but that vid is funny to watch. Mmmm... cinnamon. :lick:

Also, my thoughts on this PR:

Take Snake off, I only use DK now. i've never won any games with him in tourney.
This was pointed out pages ago.

And.... Add Snake to Batou's tag?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Anyone willing to do camera duty for the tournament this weekend? I'm bringing my phone and a charger with me so we can record matches and I can toss them up on YouTube. It takes really good quality videos and has no time limit on the recording, I just need someone with more patience than me to record the matches for me.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
I should've had my matches saved, oh well.

1: Dojo ($138.00)
2: Denti ($58.00)
3: Dphat ($35.00)
4: Infinity
5: Red Shadow
5: DFury
7: Fogo
7: Chic
9: Fher0
9: K-Bot
9: NeoBatou
9: Stacy
13: Kovu
13: Forge
13: Gucci
13: BoneyBoy
17: Spade
17: Swaka
17: Oxlong
17: John
17: Roar
17: Pixel
25: Cupcake

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
You know, we've been so busy with tournaments, we haven't had an actual smashfest in forever. Who's willing to start up a smashfest say.. next weekend? :p

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Simple. DFury was intentionally avoiding combat and made that game unplayable. It had nothing to do with ledge grabs, as he was alleging at the tournament. He INTENTIONALLY positioned his character below the stage when he was at 135% with two stocks and grabbed the ledge to reset his jump count to run out the clock with nearly three minutes to go. Infinity called me over to address the problem, and I called it stalling for THAT reason.

The only reason why I even gave him his venue fee back is to shut him up.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Simple. DFury was intentionally avoiding combat and made that game unplayable. It had nothing to do with ledge grabs, as he was alleging at the tournament. He INTENTIONALLY positioned his character below the stage when he was at 135% with two stocks and grabbed the ledge to reset his jump count to run out the clock with nearly three minutes to go. Infinity called me over to address the problem, and I called it stalling for THAT reason.

The only reason why I even gave him his venue fee back is to shut him up.
Now that was your mistake right there, why did you give him back the venue fee? I wouldn't of gave him **** if the right rules were in place. Even so you should of told him that stalling is Bullsh*t and your not going to allow it. Gotta be assertive about that kind of thing...

There wasn't going to be any need of calling the stalling rule if you simply had a ledge grab limit.

Trust me when I say this, if he kept it up he would of lost, that's why a universal LGL is COMPLETELY NECESSARY.

Now if you have a LGL and he kept going, Denti would of sat back and let the time run out and he would of won regardless. Next time when you host this tournament you will have a LGL or you will get this predicament a lot.

Denti

Smash Master
Basically besides the lgl rule controversy it was one of the most acurate and precise tournaments I've been too. Good job sanji, as long as there is a LGL next time, you'll do amazing.

:phone:

DatBass

Smash Cadet
Yeah, like everyone else has been saying, there should have been an lgl. If dfury wants to argue that he was just taking advantage of the ruleset, I argue right back that the removal of a stock for what is considered (by t.o) to be stalling is also taking advantage of the ruleset. Tough nuts man.

I understand why it's not being counted towards the PR, but I don't think a lgl would have changed the outcome of any of the matches. Too bad for RedShadow. I thought he did really well. Looking forward to seeing dphat's and denti's matches up on youtube ;D <3

I thought you did great Sanji, besides the whole lgl mess. Wish there could have been doubles!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Yeah, like everyone else has been saying, there should have been an lgl. If dfury wants to argue that he was just taking advantage of the ruleset, I argue right back that the removal of a stock for what is considered (by t.o) to be stalling is also taking advantage of the ruleset. Tough nuts man.

I understand why it's not being counted towards the PR, but I don't think a lgl would have changed the outcome of any of the matches. Too bad for RedShadow. I thought he did really well. Looking forward to seeing dphat's and denti's matches up on youtube ;D <3

I thought you did great Sanji, besides the whole lgl mess. Wish there could have been doubles!
If MK had the 35 LGL he wouldn't of taken advantage of the rules anyways....and thus he would of had to fight Denti or lose the entire set...

Jiveturkey

Smash Cadet
In regards to the smashfest I am throwing a party at my apartment, but my brother and I love to play and have a few buddies that will be there that like to play. April 23rd my location is my address. My number is 8177072669 just let me know if that interests you. :)

:phone:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
From what I know, the carpool is Denti, Red Shadow, Batou, and me. I believe that only leaves 1 spot left unless Denti can find a vehicle that holds 6 or something. :(

Top Bottom