• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
You still have to go through event matches to get all the stages. The best solution is to just use Smash Stack. Does not require you hacking your Wii. Only an SD card and computer that can read them.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Mmmm.... whipped cream... :lick:

Indian Jones called......

Srsly.
I counter with a giant rolling boulder. :)

I'm glad someone appreciates my witter humor! Lol, SoulMaster needs to put on his pants and *****slap his way to smashfests.
First I need the Power Glove/Bracelet in order to do so.

Also, this past Friday I updated the PR taking Snake listed as a character off of Neon, and I added Snake to Batou (on Kovu's account of course, I has no mod powers ;)). Now I have a final to study for. Check here later guys.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Seabass you won that round >.>

So after extensive playing, MVC3 is decent at best.

MK9 beat the game in sales and in gameplay overall. I like it.

Still gotta get used to the controls though...

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Seabass you won that round >.>

So after extensive playing, MVC3 is decent at best.

MK9 beat the game in sales and in gameplay overall. I like it.

Still gotta get used to the controls though...
Dude, MK9 is beast. Too bad it doesn't really have a competitive scene though, I'd partake in it alongside Brawl.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
MK9 definitely feels like a good fighter. Also, from playing Brawl twice at the local campus last week with Spade and others (including one game against the best Snake, the best Wario, and the best Wolf in Texas, none other than DMP himself lmao lolololol), I still got my form. :) I might make an appearance for the next smashfest in town. Talk to ya'll laters. :)

Denti

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure i'l be able to dphat.

Infinity I remember you said something about taking your car, is that still an option? My liscence plate light is still out and my parents have been out of the country for 2 weeks and aren't near their cell to help finance me to fix it.

Also k bot, are you coming?? :

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
LOL that's so random red shadow! but do it! ;D just try not to learn that marth is olimar's worst MU.

Also chic, I might have a tournament on May 28th. : O

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Denti the lightbulb to your license plate costs as little as 5 bucks at your local AutoZone...

And if you really need to get it fixed, you should of told me...me and my dad are mechanics and we can pry the casing open to place the lightbulb inside for you :)

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure i'l be able to dphat.

Infinity I remember you said something about taking your car, is that still an option? My liscence plate light is still out and my parents have been out of the country for 2 weeks and aren't near their cell to help finance me to fix it.

Also k bot, are you coming?? :

I'm definitely Coming!

Denti

Smash Master
actually infinity is driving this one. So be at his place instead.. I don't know what time he'll want to leave but I'd guess around 6 ish is when he'd probably want everyone to be there.

So the carpool is confirmed.

1. Infinity
2. Denti
3. Dphat
4. DMG
5. K bot

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
actually infinity is driving this one. So be at his place instead.. I don't know what time he'll want to leave but I'd guess around 6 ish is when he'd probably want everyone to be there.

So the carpool is confirmed.

1. Infinity
2. Denti
3. Dphat
4. DMG
5. K bot

I'm off work at 2:30, we can leave any time after that.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I don't get off work until 5 :(
I can be there around 6ish depending on where you live
I live in North Richland Hills, about 10 minutes east of where the Fort Worth tournament was at.

My address is:

6440 Iron Horse Blvd
Apt G
North Richland Hills, Tx

My number is (817) 210 - 7311.

We can leave whenever; it's a pretty short trip to Austin compared to what we normally drive. If you can't get there until late that just gives me time to either chill out and play friendlies with the other guys or take a nap before we leave, lol.

Jiveturkey

Smash Cadet
I am considering hosting a tournament at my apartment in Euless. I know it has the space to fit an event, I just wanted some opinions on this if i did it. Some things I am thinking is since it is not a business there is no venue fee so maybe adding a prize pot fee for voting specific themes like winner of best match, best comeback, best kill, or come from behind victory. Just ideas for something different that may give more people than just tournament winners a chance to win money too. If that sounds like a poorly constructed idea let me know, and if it sounds like a good idea let me know. Has anybody hosted tournaments out at there place before and if so how has it worked out, and is there enough support to do something like this successfully? I live in Euless right in the middle of everything from arlington to denton to fort worth to dallas. If anyone would be interested in something like this let me know, if i have to support I love brawl and would love to do something like that with the community. posting this on all dfw threads to try to grab attention. :)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I am considering hosting a tournament at my apartment in Euless. I know it has the space to fit an event, I just wanted some opinions on this if i did it. Some things I am thinking is since it is not a business there is no venue fee so maybe adding a prize pot fee for voting specific themes like winner of best match, best comeback, best kill, or come from behind victory. Just ideas for something different that may give more people than just tournament winners a chance to win money too. If that sounds like a poorly constructed idea let me know, and if it sounds like a good idea let me know. Has anybody hosted tournaments out at there place before and if so how has it worked out, and is there enough support to do something like this successfully? I live in Euless right in the middle of everything from arlington to denton to fort worth to dallas. If anyone would be interested in something like this let me know, if i have to support I love brawl and would love to do something like that with the community. posting this on all dfw threads to try to grab attention. :)

I have done a tournament at my place and Denti has done a couple at his house. It went very well, just gotta know how to take care of things if t hings get technical (cheating, stalling, whatever takes your fancy.) Set ups from others will help run your tournament real smoothly and to make sure everyone pays and you do your events according to plan.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Somebody host a smashfest this Thursday. RedShadow, I got you. Also, I'll be bringing an apprentice of mine with me. He mains Falco and he has been improving his gameplay; it would be cool if he got to play you guys so he can get the experience. Let's all get together and play. =)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Denti has an apprentice who plays Falco... Fogo has an apprentice who mains Falco... we're going to have a whole generation of Falco players! I get out my last final at 4:30pm tomorrow. After that I'm going to return all my books, so I'll join this smashfest wherever it is after that.

Imo, if the Bowling 'n' Billards isn't closed on campus, we should have it there at UTA.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Have a good one Red Shadow, we'll catch you next time you're up here :p

Denti - I won't be able to make it to DMT. My job is paying my way in to Six Flags that weekend and I can't really say no to that :p

Denti

Smash Master
that's fine lol. 6 flags da bess

So who all is even interested in going to DMT? I might just cancel it because if I remember right Batou probably can't make it either.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
well now that my semester is over, I have time to do stuff, but I no longer have financial aid funds to spend. So I'm tight on money. i'm picking out the tournaments I go to this summer carefully. :p

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Denti - I won't be able to make it to DMT. My job is paying my way in to Six Flags that weekend and I can't really say no to that :p
So who all is even interested in going to DMT? I might just cancel it because if I remember right Batou probably can't make it either.
well now that my semester is over, I have time to do stuff, but I no longer have financial aid funds to spend. So I'm tight on money. i'm picking out the tournaments I go to this summer carefully. :p
Denti, you should cancel the ride to DMT 7 and host a smashfest instead. If enough players show up, we can do a tourney or something. Don't think. Just Do It. :)
Well, this might suck, at least for brawl's turnout. Pokemon is the only thing holding DMT 7 strong.

Top Bottom