• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Denti I'm not gonna be able to make it :(
Looks like my job is gonna need me to come into work tomorrow...

Denti

Smash Master
@ Jesse - I'm down for mario party or some ****. smashfest sometime Wednesday btw

also.. ALSM! come back!

also guys, expect and even harder advertised Revolution 2 in the next 2 months. (hype?)

so since this last tournament I've been really thinking....
Gas prices are becoming a *****. I can't deal with these climbing prices anymore. It cost $110 for gas just to go to Houston and back. I thought about just traveling less (which would kill me), but I always want to weigh that as my last option. I've also thought about meeting other regions halfway then carpooling with them for free to the tournament, but that's not a consistent or fair type of money saver. So I think I've come to a conclusion, trains. Trains always cost 30$ for a round trip to any of the regions we regularly travel to. We would just need someone from that region to help us out, which won't be that hard. In other words, it takes 4 people each paying 30$ for gas in order to it to be a better deal than everyone just buying train tickets. So expect me to be traveling train more. I'll help everyone out if they lack transportation to the train station, so I'll still be doing what I can, just right now this seems like a better option.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
hmmm... that could work. I've never even traveled by train before, so that would be kind of neet, but I don't know where any of the train stations are at lol. That would also be funny/cool if we can bring a set up on board and practice the whole way. The only problem is we would be carrying that TV around at the station.

As for your Wednesday smashfest, I won't be able to go. I have an assignment due by Friday, and I'll be working on it all week since I did not get to this weekend.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I love trains! I wanna ride a train like in Harry Potter. Make it happen!

ALSM come back and smash with everyone D:
I've thought about just attending the Lone Star Circuit tourneys, especially the one in DFW and the Championships in Austin, and those are later, way ahead of time, so who knows what will happen then. =)

@ Jesse - I'm down for mario party or some ****. smashfest sometime Wednesday btw

also.. ALSM! come back!

also guys, expect and even harder advertised Revolution 2 in the next 2 months. (hype?)

so since this last tournament I've been really thinking....
Gas prices are becoming a *****. I can't deal with these climbing prices anymore. It cost $110 for gas just to go to Houston and back. I thought about just traveling less (which would kill me), but I always want to weigh that as my last option. I've also thought about meeting other regions halfway then carpooling with them for free to the tournament, but that's not a consistent or fair type of money saver. So I think I've come to a conclusion, trains. Trains always cost 30$ for a round trip to any of the regions we regularly travel to. We would just need someone from that region to help us out, which won't be that hard. In other words, it takes 4 people each paying 30$ for gas in order to it to be a better deal than everyone just buying train tickets. So expect me to be traveling train more. I'll help everyone out if they lack transportation to the train station, so I'll still be doing what I can, just right now this seems like a better option.

I see you remember what Disqo Bunny was mentioning before about trains. :)

Also, smashfest on Wednesday? I'm interested; I can get my stuff back while I'm at it. :)

How early can I come over? Cuz I got plans later tonight. <3

Edit -
Also, earlier today, I showed up at TCC south campus, and the gaming club there was playing Melee, MVC3, and Brawl in that order. They were doing free tournaments there, and I like, decided right then to join in and I cleaned house in Melee (used Link) and Brawl (used Meta Knight lololol). Won one round in MVC3, but got destroyed the next round lol. Afterwards, everyone was wanting to play my Link (Brawl), because Steven (aka Spade) was saying about me being a top Link player. I had fun and gave a few players some pointers. Afterwards, I realized how much I missed playing this game... but I have my priorities set; though I can make an effort to attend a tourney or two, I don't think I can be as active as I was before, attending every weekend as well as traveling a lot, too.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
sooooooo i doubt i'll be active for much longer

my will to improve has pretty much died after ozzfest

plus i'm pretty sure i'm gonna fail this semester which could mean that i'll have to move back to austin for school

*sigh* -_-

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Also, earlier today, I showed up at TCC south campus, and the gaming club there was playing Melee, MVC3, and Brawl in that order. They were doing free tournaments there, and I like, decided right then to join in and I cleaned house in Melee (used Link) and Brawl (used Meta Knight lololol). Won one round in MVC3, but got destroyed the next round lol. Afterwards, everyone was wanting to play my Link (Brawl), because Steven (aka Spade) was saying about me being a top Link player. I had fun and gave a few players some pointers. Afterwards, I realized how much I missed playing this game... but I have my priorities set; though I can make an effort to attend a tourney or two, I don't think I can be as active as I was before, attending every weekend as well as traveling a lot, too.
There is no one good at melee there....so it's like beating 6 consecutive level 1 cpu's.

plus i'm pretty sure i'm gonna fail this semester which could mean that i'll have to move back to austin for school

*sigh* -_-
Yeah school can be a pain bro. If you have to move back to Austin for school, you know Batou's gonna miss ya. :urg:

We've had a blast traveling and being teammates, it'll be a piece of my Fort Worth Crew gone....:glare:

Denti

Smash Master
:( that really sucks about school red shadow. But I don't think you should quit brawl, you are doing so well : O

And alsm joining us wenesday! Yes! And i had no idea people still played brawl there lololol. Maybe I'll show up there sometime too with ya ;D

:phone:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

*sigh* -_-
You should of told me you were struggling with your classes. I could of helped.

DatBass

Smash Cadet

*sigh* -_-
Noooo! You did really well at Ozzfest. I thought you were going to beat Illmatic. Everyone is impressed at the rate at which you're improving. It'll be really lame if you stopped now.

Lol, well if you move to Austin you'll at least be near more active regions in our region. You got San Antonio and Houston practically at your doorstep.

Ahhhhhhh everyone is leaving the DFW scene, it's so depressing D: The rest of you better not dare quit this ****! >:0

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Noooo! You did really well at Ozzfest. I thought you were going to beat Illmatic. Everyone is impressed at the rate at which you're improving. It'll be really lame if you stopped now.

Lol, well if you move to Austin you'll at least be near more active regions in our region. You got San Antonio and Houston practically at your doorstep.

Ahhhhhhh everyone is leaving the DFW scene, it's so depressing D: The rest of you better not dare quit this ****! >:0
Pfft....as long as Batou is around, it'll flourish even more...

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
:( that really sucks about school red shadow. But I don't think you should quit brawl, you are doing so well : O

And alsm joining us wenesday! Yes! And i had no idea people still played brawl there lololol. Maybe I'll show up there sometime too with ya ;D

:phone:
The gaming club meets Monday 2PM-5PM.

how do you guys feel about a smashfest this saturday or friday at my place? ;D

I can help people out with rides
Friday sounds good. Wednesday (today) I was planning to meet up with you, but other plans (gf) came in... again.

Neon!

Smash Lord
how do you guys feel about a smashfest this saturday or friday at my place? ;D

I can help people out with rides
AHHHHH, you better do these this summer, I'm grounded til I get out of school which is like may 11th or something :(

Neon!

Smash Lord

*sigh* -_-
I honestly thought you were going to beat illmatic, you made two big mistakes that cost you the set but your play has improved a lot overall.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I already decided that I am not playing Smash Bros until I finish my last exam for the semester. I simply have too much work to be taking 5 hour chunks out of my time to play video games. :(

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Denti, hey I know that this is a wee bit short notice, but I'm watching a pair of kids today, and I just got my Wii back from Nintendo with my data wiped. I was wondering if you can come over my place and help me unlock everyone on Brawl while I have my house to myself.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Denti, hey I know that this is a wee bit short notice, but I'm watching a pair of kids today, and I just got my Wii back from Nintendo with my data wiped. I was wondering if you can come over my place and help me unlock everyone on Brawl while I have my house to myself.
Either hack your Wii or get someone's saved data who already has all the characters unlocked and your good to go.

Top Bottom