• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Well, my car finally works so If the tourney scene is still alive when I can drive, we'll have some good carpools.

I'd like to be more active, but due to getting sick before events, less than willing parents, and previously no car, out of city Tourneys are hard to come by.

I'd like to think I did well saturday, due even to being eight months rusty, placing 13th.
My best ranking thus far, taking a game off DPhat (admitedly at my counter and his Falcon) and despite getting heavily gayed on by a robot.

I dunno guys, its fun, but my best efforts were all that even got me to revolution. Mind you I'm far from quitting, but I herd sum srs saltiness behind the scenes back there. Maybe you guys reevaluate why you guys are pals? Nothing personal right?
soooo much salt

@SrC@: You are right, and I'm trying to cut down on playing other characters so I can play more Metaknight.
The way I see it is if you care enough to do well in tourney and improve, then the pr list should have some value, though it's not the ultimate reflection of skill. The purpose of the pr is to promote competition, and so far, I believe it's doing its job. This pr clearly rewards effort. After all, TX tourney seedings are based off this pr. So the more effort, the more possible wins, therefore leading to a higher ranking, meaning a better seed in tournament, increasing your chances at placing higher in tournaments and getting more wins in the process to increase your ranking. Also, hate on Toon Link? I'm amused. Srsly.
I"m gonna play like I have been.
Back then I didn't have the patience to deal with camp...but
my game has drastically changed for the better. So I'm wanting him to come up and try it again, I have a knee ready for each of them.
Look, PR matters only in seed. Seed matters because then you're not that guy that faces Dojo first round. To increase your PR, you play better. To play better, you depend on your friends to help you with increasing your skill. Fort Worth doesn't hold regular Smashfests to help players better their skill. SrsC@ doesn't host that kind of Smashfest. People need to be able to travel to get to Smashfests and tournaments.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
A- tier

Denti - 1821.803 :olimar:

B- tier

Infinity - 1783.453 :metaknight:/:diddy:

D- tier

ALSM - 1620.513 :toonlink:/:link2:

E- tier

Neon - 1610.033 :dk2:

F- tier

Zane - 1592.889 :link2:

FHero - 1578.638 :metaknight:/:fox: (Inactive)

The Winged - 1573.568 :wario: (Inactive)

Chic - 1573.034 :luigi2: (Inactive)

Red Shadow - 1571.577 :wario:

Serious Cat - 1565.889 :mario2:/:rob:/:snake:/:zelda:/:dedede: (Inactive)

NeoBatou - 1537.397 :falcon:/:rob:

Kovu - 1536.586 :snake: (Inactive)

Problemo - 1535.619 :metaknight:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

Anyways, any way you look at it, the PR is just bragging rights.... The fact that a competition is being held and there's cash prizes to be distributed promotes competition in itself. A close community just adds more incentive to play others.

carpool for SA this weekend is up.

so far
1.me
2.ice
3.zac

COME AND GET THEM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!
Batou is on spot 4.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I see what you're saying about tournaments themselves inspiring competition, and I'm just saying the pr adds on to that. Remember that where you are on the pr affects your bracket seed. Batou, I'm sure you can climb your way at least out of F- tier if you start entering singles at every tournament you attend. Think about it.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
A- tier

B- tier

D- tier

E- tier

Neon - 1610.033 :dk2:/:snake:

F- tier

Hmm, I might put this in the OP, but change A-tier to "top tier" and so on, and put all the inactive players on bottom.

You know, for a Ft. Worth PR.

Aaand done.

Denti

Smash Master
That is so cool! But hey, btw, why is red shadow so low? I remember him being not in F tier last time I remember XD

Also, I can't wait for roar? to make it on there XD

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yeah, due to having two Red Shadow names, it put him back in F- tier when it was corrected. I know, it sucks; he can still get out though.

Yeah, as for new players, Disqo Bunny comes to mind, but he has to attend one more tourney to get on the pr.

Also, when Revolution gets counted, I think Zane will get out of F-tier; he's only a few points from breaking 1600. RedShadow and Problemo will definitely go up as well.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (NOW featuring Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, and many more great players!) is coming up THIS SATURDAY in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~150 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! Players are coming in from at least California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas!

Note that our tournament is now sponsored by Game On Apparel, Shadaloo.eu, Borderland Games, Broken Tier, and the Bat Cave, which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Denti

Smash Master
Psh, I should be on the pr too. The Bass Tier. I've gone to my share of tournies! lol xD
WHO DO YOU EVEN MAIN?!
:awesome:

Also as for carpooling I'm kinda unorganized right now. I haven't been keeping track of who's dropped and who's asked to come. But overall everything should work out XD I'll figure it out when I'm not at school.

edit: Basically I just need to ask ice if he is still coming or not since zac bailed. That's all. But as for right now there is me, dphat, batou, alsm, and maybe ice.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I see what you're saying about tournaments themselves inspiring competition, and I'm just saying the pr adds on to that. Remember that where you are on the pr affects your bracket seed. Batou, I'm sure you can climb your way at least out of F- tier if you start entering singles at every tournament you attend. Think about it.
If i'm going to be seeded with good players, fine.

Bring that s***.

It's the BEST way in my opinion to get out of F tier...that's if I really really cared about having a high position on the PR that much.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I don't like the idea of a city-based 'tier list.' There's positive competition and there's negative competition and I feel like a city-based tier list would generate more negativity than anything else.

Tournaments are fun because you get to interact with people and have a good time. All a local power rankings list would do is generate a whole lot of "nuh-uh I'm better than you."

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I disagree. I see what you're saying, but the same could be said about the TX pr in general, and it could be worse with a panel. This is point based off head-to-head matches, so at least it can provide motivation to put more effort in improving and doing well in tourneys. Plus, Fort Worth can have a better rep should we as a whole move up in the rankings. If the possibility of players getting butthurt over a list is your only negative, then I see more positive.

DatBass

Smash Cadet
What ALSM said. Local PR would do more to inspire competition and liven the scene. Tournaments will still be fun; people will still be interacting and having a balls-awesome time. There's just more desire to win and improve one's performance in game now. I think other parts of TX and other regions might also give more credit to DFW (smashers and our tournies) if our players' progress is made noticeable.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Alright, I'm up for some games tomorrow. Good news: I finally got my car fixed and up-to-date, which means I'm able to resume my carpool for out-of-town tournies! I gotta check my schedule for this coming week, and it looks like I can make a carpool for HOBO 31. Anyone interested?

@Denti: Anytime I can stop by and pick up my stuff I left from the Revolution tourney?

House of Mouse update from Zigsta's twitter feed: Denti got 7th in singles! That's all I know about Fort Worth's rep so far. http://twitter.com/Zigsta_film

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
^^ Well that's funny. My horrible situation of no car / no money was solved too. I'm still not 100% confident about going to Hobo. I plan on completely fixing everything wrong with my car (like my horrible windshield) which can be expensive, but I do know that the car does run just fine.

I've been looking for something to do too. We should have a smashfest somewhere, but my parents and I were not getting along today so I don't think they'll appreciate having friends over tomorrow lol. I was thinking we can play some other games too. I found my 4 N64 controllers and a bunch of N64 games. Mario Party 2 anyone?

Neon!

Smash Lord
A- tier

B- tier

D- tier

E- tier

Neon - 1610.033 :dk2:/:snake:

F- tier

Take Snake off, I only use DK now. i've never won any games with him in tourney.

Denti

Smash Master
A like the city PR because it promotes more competition for lower level competition (not state). Players like to see their improvement and take hold of a title ya know? Especially if you just got into the scene. It would really help more of the community out than hurt it.

Can anyone do art work and create something cool looking for our Pr? :D

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Hmmm... for me, you think you can make a character that consists of Aero-the-Acrobat and Link fused together with Soul Calibur (left hand) and Soul Edge (right hand) in each hand? Actually, I could come up with that myself, lol. Or just make something Zelda related.... hmmm....

Top Bottom