• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Hey guys, I might show up at the Ft. Worth Revolution tourney if I can get my car fixed and up to date. It's looking promising... =) Also, good job at Nikefest 3. Fort Worth represent!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Hope you make it, gonna be alotta scrubs there for free wins.
Let's um...keep the scrub comments to yourself. The important thing about tournaments is that people have fun and learn things they didn't learn before. This isn't an act for gaining more fame and money, it's to create hype and more good players.

But we do appreciate your enthusiasm Zane.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Let's um...keep the scrub comments to yourself. The important thing about tournaments is that people have fun and learn things they didn't learn before. This isn't an act for gaining more fame and money, it's to create hype and more good players.

But we do appreciate your enthusiasm Zane.
Batou you're such a scrub.

jaykayheart

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Nah, I mean as much of the skill I've seen there, don't hold a candle to Denti, ALSM, Batou, SrsC@ and others.
some of them are talking about how they'll win after they get there hands on a bat. I tried telling them how good y'all are gonna be, and they all reply "They have no idea how good I am".
Not being harsh, just saying it'll be their first tourney and they're gonna get stepped on...
they're basically me before my first tournament...
Doesn't mean they won't enjoy it though, and hopefully they do learn something from it.

Denti

Smash Master
If it means anything, I'll go like captain falcon on them. I don't intend to crush people who don't play the game competitively, to be honest that's messed up XD

But you mentioned a bat.. they do know items are set to off and none right? I put that in the flyer to remove any confusion

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
If it means anything, I'll go like captain falcon on them. I don't intend to crush people who don't play the game competitively, to be honest that's messed up XD

But you mentioned a bat.. they do know items are set to off and none right? I put that in the flyer to remove any confusion

Nah, I cleared that up later, that was just to demonstrate how unprepared some of them will be...

But I get what you're saying, the point is to make the community grow, gain more experience, and put DFW on the map of Smash bros force. I'm just scouting ahead for ya.
Make sense?

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
SrsC@ does not SrsSandbag. Srsly.

I'm going because it's nearby and Denti might wish some help on the TO side of things. I ain't worried about the tourney.

Oh, and I'm bringing 1 ~30" TV and 3 little ones. Gonna need some SrsHelp with the big one.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, WHOBO 3 is 10 days away!!! I got a few things to talk about real quick so please gimmi just a few seconds of your time.

1. If you STILL have not got housing, go to the WHOBO thread and go back a page or 2 because 2 people are offering housing. Its either free or freakin dirt cheap so please take advantage of that ASAP. Here is the whobo 3 thread link http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843

2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring as many FULL set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb) as you can. Dugfinn sold ALL of her TVs(she had 65) and now im forced to use what little i have and rely on the TX scene. So Im askin for you guys to give me your help ONE LAST TIME....PLEASE! If you honestly cant bring a FULL set-up, PLEASE bring what you can.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
After WHOBO3 let's start gearing up for our next batch of events. April is cluttered with them and we'll need to affirm carpools at the earliest convenience.

We have our own revolution tournament on the 26th.
DMT6 is on the same date but I have to be present for my FW tournaments.
We got any more coming in april?

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
True, but you got to admit that the DFW area is becoming more of a tournament destination in Texas. There are only two reasons why Denti's tournament isn't going to pull in the out of town numbers, WHOBO and DMT.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey everyone. I'm a player from Florida who's staying in Burleson right now with a good friend (I'm ranked 3rd in the state). I hear there's going to be a large smashfest tomorrow and I'd really like to attend, but I don't have a ride. Would anyone be able to pick me up if I gave them my information and some gas money? Thanks. I'll be riding with Dphat to Houston on Thursday for WHOBO, so if you're not able to do this I understand. But me and Dphat are teaming and really wanna practice dubs so please help me out if you can!

My number is 817-929-8110

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Hey everyone. I'm a player from Florida who's staying in Burleson right now with a good friend (I'm ranked 3rd in the state). I hear there's going to be a large smashfest tomorrow and I'd really like to attend, but I don't have a ride. Would anyone be able to pick me up if I gave them my information and some gas money? Thanks. I'll be riding with Dphat to Houston on Thursday for WHOBO, so if you're not able to do this I understand. But me and Dphat are teaming and really wanna practice dubs so please help me out if you can!

My number is 817-929-8110
I know who you are Red Halberd, I've heard a lot about you and Dphat has told me about how you guys team up on occasion. I won't be able to get you tomorrow for the smashfest seeing as how ALSM or Denti aren't going to WHOBO3 and probably are too busy to attend the smashfest...however I'll see what I can do to get riding arrangements for you. I'll call you if I can get something going.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Hey neo, i might have to talk to you about transportation to the classic. I might be able to bring a set up or two =3

and revolution too

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ANYBODY GOING TO WHOBO 3 PLEASE READ THIS! Here are some quick last minute details you MUST know before you head out to the venue.

1. WHOBO 3 is THIS friday aka 18th aka 2 days from now.

2. The address to the venue is Crowne Plaza Hotel, 8686 Kirby Drive, Houston, Texas 77054
Hotel phone number= 1-(713) 748-3221. DO NOT CALL ME AND ASK FOR THE ADDRESS!

3. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be early. Rodeo Houston is going on the same weekend as WHOBO 3 so the streets/parking lots/parking garages will be PACKED with THOUSANDS of people. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be on time. I WILL NOT be afraid to DQ you for not showing up. I dont care if you came in from Uganda or Mars, i WILL dq yo *** if you are late.

4. Parking AT the venue will cost you 20$ per DAY so please print out this voucher and bring it with you so that you get a 10$ per day discount.

http://www.animematsuri.com/ParkingVoucher.pdf

Parking anywhere else MAY or MAY NOT cost you money but be sure to bring extra money(just in case) and please arrive early so u can get GOOD parking spots.

5. BRING YOUR ID. In order to pick up your pass/buy a pass(55$) you need an ID. School ID with your name will work. Driver license will work. Government ID will work. Passport will work. A stick figure drawing of your face will NOT work.

6. PLEASE bring a FULL setup(wii/tv/ssbb). If you seriously cannot bring a tv, please bring a wii/ssbb.

7. Here is the schedule one last time:

Fri 18th 2011
1 pm - Brawl 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
5 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Pools=15$
12 am - Rave=free

Sat 19th 2011
11:30 am - Brawl 1vs1 Bracket
3 pm - Brawl 2vs2 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=20$(1$ per person)
7 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=10$
12 am - Rave=free

Sun 20th 2011
11:30 am - Melee 1vs1=15$
1:30pm - Melee 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
6 pm - GTFO AND GO HOME

8. If possible(no obligation), please pay for your tournament fees with 5$ or 1$ bills. It helps me make change for the people who bring 20$/50$/100$ bills.

9. Please re-read numbers 1-8.

10. If you have any questions about anything at ALL, please go here rules/fees/maps/info/livestream/twitter...ect http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843 and then call me at 409-692-0697 if the thread didnt help you enough.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN OR ARE THINKING ABOUT COMING TO THE FORT WORTH CLASSIC!​

I have a few items to note as your one month warning passes. So pay attention and everything will work out smoothly.

1. If you regually read the Facebook group, 'The Core', you would have noticed that I have proposed some changes to the Fort Worth Classic ruleset for both Brawl and Melee. These changes are scheduled to take effect AFTER THIS tournament takes place. This is solely because I want to "kick the tires" on BBR 3.0 before any solid debate about changes takes place.

2. If you do attend this tournament, please have ready to pay for your fees bills in denominations of $5 and $10. I will have limited cash on hand for both security and financial reasons so I can't be breaking $20 bills.

3. Our "Beat the Pro", Dark Geese, has decided what games that he will use in the big cash pot challenge. I can reveal a few of them here. KOF XI, KOF 2k2 UM, KOF 98 UM, and NGBC all of them for the PS2 format. If you don't bring a proper controller for the event, I have one stick of questionable quality and one DS2 available to loan. Please bring them back to me personally when you are done with it.

4. Here is the tenative schedule for the tournament: *
09:00 - Set up the Venue and Registration fees will be collected throughout the morning.
12:00 - Brawl Singles Pools start(if necessary), Beat the Pro Challenge Starts
14:00 - Super Street Fighter 4 Bracket starts Followed immediately by Marvel vs. Capcom 3
15:30 - Brawl Singles Bracket start, Melee Singles start
17:00 - Brawl Doubles start
18:30 - Mid/Low tier Brawl Singles start
19:00 - Item Standard Play Brawl Singles start
19:30 - Mid/Low Tier Brawl Doubles start
GTFO and go home!

* This schedual is reliant on whether or not enough people register for Brawl Singles to have pools(16-32)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Big ups to Infinity for doing extremely well at WHOBO3....

Didn't get higher than he expected but still...he did a damn good job.

Top Bottom